Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mutt Has Arrived In Missouri!!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Mutt Has Arrived In Missouri!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mine came Tuesday- after ordering the 29th (via USPS - mind you)
It was quick, professional, kind (as in -Yoo Hoo, Jiminy- you screwed up this money order- which went back out to you, yesterday JK-with a tip) -
and so far all my dealings with Lo- Fidelity have been top rate- in product and service.

plus its easy to dance to.

and spread all though the threads- the music is even better!!!!!

( I know you could take that comment, jeff)

Thanks for it all JK-

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-08-2004 10:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I still don't have mine. I bet the guy who gets mail in the PO box above mine is enjoying it as we speak Crying

07-08-2004 11:02 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
jeffrey k. jeffrey k. is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-302.jpg

Registration Date: 06-28-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I still don't have mine. I bet the guy who gets mail in the PO box above mine is enjoying it as we speak Crying

Drag man....check your email about this....

jeffrey k.

07-08-2004 11:29 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

I sent you a reply. Thanks.

07-08-2004 13:25 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
But the king of bad service is UPS - period. Hosers and wankers all! Unbelievably bad service.

Definitely true... we used UPS exclusively for a little
while. It was actually fine for a while, but eventually
we started noticing an increase in lost packages and
slow arrivals.

Things have improved greatly since we started
working directly with the USPS... still a bad spot
in the road every now and then, but its a huge
improvement over UPS.

Got another UPS story to add to the pile....
We used UPS to send some CDs to the guys in
Canada... on the same day, Mike Roe had some
CDs shipped to them from another location as well
- also through UPS. We paid extra to get a
*guaranteed* arrival within two days. Well, for
who knows what reason... UPS received both
packages in Canada and immediately locked them
safely inside their warehouse for safe keeping
(which doesn't reopen until Monday). No phone
calls to the guys to pick them up... no attempt to
deliver them... nothing.

We will hopefully all get our money back, but
unfortunately, the guys are short on product
for their Canadian leg.

Mad

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-12-2004 02:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

RE: shipping is weird... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jeffrey k.
So how is it that our Postal Service can get a CD all the way to Australia in like 4 business days, and yet it's been taking up to 6-7 just to get from Illinois to California or Texas?

We had something similar happen not long ago.. I think
with the Anaheim DVD preorders. We had some international
stuff showing up before some people in MO and IL received
it. We could have personally driven it to some of these folks
faster than the USPS delivered it. I don't think any of them
had a really awful wait.. but its still weird.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-12-2004 02:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
But the king of bad service is UPS - period. Hosers and wankers all! Unbelievably bad service.

Definitely true... we used UPS exclusively for a little
while. It was actually fine for a while, but eventually
we started noticing an increase in lost packages and
slow arrivals.

Things have improved greatly since we started
working directly with the USPS... still a bad spot
in the road every now and then, but its a huge
improvement over UPS.

Got another UPS story to add to the pile....
We used UPS to send some CDs to the guys in
Canada... on the same day, Mike Roe had some
CDs shipped to them from another location as well
- also through UPS. We paid extra to get a
*guaranteed* arrival within two days. Well, for
who knows what reason... UPS received both
packages in Canada and immediately locked them
safely inside their warehouse for safe keeping
(which doesn't reopen until Monday). No phone
calls to the guys to pick them up... no attempt to
deliver them... nothing.

We will hopefully all get our money back, but
unfortunately, the guys are short on product
for their Canadian leg.

Mad

So they run the tightest ship in the shipping business?

Like the Titanic or something? Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-12-2004 11:45 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

RE: shipping is weird... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
...but even so...I had a buyer who bought his CD last Wednesday for shipment to Australia. I sent the CD out on Wednesday afternoon and on Monday, July 5th he emailed me to let me know he had the CD in hand, and that was with customs opening the package and then sending it to him!

Dude! I'm in, like, the country right next door to Australia.... Mine isn't here yet. Maybe today.....

07-14-2004 16:06 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

mutt Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Got my Mutt early last week. I really like it, but could have gone for another 6-10 songs on the disc and could have done without the 5th or so remake of "Beautiful Scandalous Night."

-jolly
07-14-2004 16:14 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

They actually had NO product left by the time they got to Toronto. A guy had to drive in from Niagara Falls (couple hours away) just so they'd have cds to sell. Of course, no Mutt, but lots of other things from the four "senior" bands and the Dogs. It was really disappointing to everyone there that it wasn't for sale, I'm sure they missed out on at least thirty sales because it wasn't there. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes...

07-14-2004 17:02 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Ron E
They actually had NO product left by the time they got to Toronto. A guy had to drive in from Niagara Falls (couple hours away) just so they'd have cds to sell. Of course, no Mutt, but lots of other things from the four "senior" bands and the Dogs. It was really disappointing to everyone there that it wasn't for sale, I'm sure they missed out on at least thirty sales because it wasn't there. Oh well, I guess that's the way it goes...

I hear Mutt was locked up in a UPS warehouse for the weekend. Mad

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-14-2004 17:04 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

There was quite a smell when they let him out on Monday. He tried to wait...

07-14-2004 17:09 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i got mine 2 days after i ordered it! both jeffery k and the usps are doing a great job! y'all need to quit all your whining!!! Big Grin

Tongue

07-14-2004 17:14 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Real DA Fan Real DA Fan is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 12-17-2003

Got mine at the concert in Chicago! Great job Jeffrey K. and the Dogs.
07-14-2004 17:29 Real DA Fan is offline Send an Email to Real DA Fan Search for Posts by Real DA Fan Add Real DA Fan to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Pedantic
quote:
...but even so...I had a buyer who bought his CD last Wednesday for shipment to Australia. I sent the CD out on Wednesday afternoon and on Monday, July 5th he emailed me to let me know he had the CD in hand, and that was with customs opening the package and then sending it to him!

Dude! I'm in, like, the country right next door to Australia.... Mine isn't here yet. Maybe today.....

Perfect example of the USPS crapshoot! I am looking at a shipping receipt dated 6/29/04 at 4:48pm, that shows your package was scanned into the USPS system according to it's customs number. So it shipped...in fact it was in the first series of orders that were shipped. My best guess is that it's hung up in customs.... What a drag.

jeffrey k.

07-14-2004 20:27 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
pistolpete
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-29-2002

I got mine 3 days after I ordered it!

Pete
07-15-2004 11:43 pistolpete is offline Send an Email to pistolpete Search for Posts by pistolpete Add pistolpete to your Buddy List
smackeral
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-16-2004

Thumb Up! RE: shipping is weird... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Listening to my Mutt this afternoon. Ordered it from DA.com Monday night. Thanks for the speedy delivery, boys! Big Grin
07-15-2004 18:23 smackeral is offline Search for Posts by smackeral Add smackeral to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Got mine today. Thanks Jeffery K Pleased

07-15-2004 20:36 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Glad you finally got yours dorf! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-15-2004 22:06 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
Got mine today. Thanks Jeffery K Pleased

Good to hear....I didn't get the email you sent about it yesterday...come to think of it there must be some sort of black hole between the 2 of us that is eating our various mail....anyway....was it the package with the number 2 on the back?

take care,

jeffrey k.

07-16-2004 10:44 jeffrey k. is offline Send an Email to jeffrey k. Homepage of jeffrey k. Search for Posts by jeffrey k. Add jeffrey k. to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Mutt Has Arrived In Missouri!!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH