Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Interview » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page TST Interview
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
DAmb dial up Evil

Estimated download time: 30 minutes. Roll Eyes

Got it now. I'll bring home the goodies along with the bacon.

Thanks MF! You're the best! Pleased

Evil

That's what I get fer thinkin'! Mad

He forgot to burn the CD and bring it home for me to watch it! Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Crying

It's burnin' now! Red Face

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
07-22-2004 15:37 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
pizzalero pizzalero is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 07-25-2004

Cool RE: TST Interview Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We've been deling with a number of losses in our family this year.

Thank you very much for this post.
07-25-2004 03:57 pizzalero is offline Send an Email to pizzalero Search for Posts by pizzalero Add pizzalero to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

the interview?? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey guys (and gals),
Thanks for posting the website - but I must've gotten there too late. I can't find the interview posted anywhere. There's just a show with some photographer (not that that's bad - it just ain't what I'm lookin' for). Can someone provide a roadmap.....or, can I trouble someone to get a copy? I'd sure like to hear it, esp. with a daughter of my own nearing 20. Thanks for your help.

As for Steve Broderson, that name sounded familiar to me as well. Here's what his bio on the website had to say:

Steve has written and performed original music in bands and on his own ever since. He hosted the night shift on Bowling Green's WCVK-FM for 3 years during his college days at Western Kentucky University. In 1999, his self-produced independent CD, Non Prophet, was favorably reviewed by CCM Magazine and was certified Aluminum (over 100 sold). He is married to Julie, the Pastor of Mission and Ministry at the aforementioned Centenary. She and their two daughters, Alaina and Maura, try to keep Steve in line. It's a full-time job.

Certified aluminum Shocked Wow! Now that's something to hang your hat on! (well, it's more than me anyway......)

JimB
07-25-2004 06:07 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I finally got to listen to this. MF brought it home the other day and I listened while planning some school lessons Friday. That was awesome!

Many of you know some of what I've been dealing with recently. Mostly just trying to figure it all out. There is an excerpt from the Terry Taylor interview with Steve Broderson on “Sup with Jesus” that really touched me. Some comments are a little rough as they are exactly how Terry spoke [comments within brackets are Steve Broderson’s] All other comments are TST’s:

quote:

When you’re a young person, you’re life’s stretched out ahead of you, it’s all here, ya know, you sort of, “oh, yeah, heaven”, you know this kind of vague, vague concept, out there somewhere, “yeah, we’re goin’ to heaven”. Well, you reach this point in your life, and you have enough of these, character builders is what they are, Christ being formed in you through the tragedies of your life, you know the fellowship of His suffering. This is the dirty little secret that our evangelists don’t really talk about this [sunny side guys]. Yeah, uh, and, and what you have is, ya know God’s got a wonderful plan for your life, which is true, uh [prosperity], all these things, yes, and uh, and the dirty little secret is that there is something called the fellowship of His suffering which is a privilege for us to enter into . Now we draw back, our soul, our flesh, our minds can draw back, but the Spirit’s in us saying go into it, go into the fire. [So much of our business is about avoiding that] Absolutely [discomfort] Absolutely [and that, that unknown and everything else that we were uh, that we don’t like. It seems like that’s kind of crept into the church and, and instead of, like you said, counting it as a blessing and living into it,] Yeah [we’re trying to figure out how to, to pray it away.] Yeah, and it’s not even a blessing on the uh, ya know, “La, la, la, everything’s wonderful thing like oh, God just gave me wonderful a blessing.” It’s a sobering reality, it’s a blessi.., it’s sort of blessing/curse in some sense because it means death to us. This is what Paul was talking about when he was saying ya know dying to myself. I mean, when I was young, I’d read those words and wonder “What does that really mean, oh, you know, I shouldn’t look in the mirror as much as I do” or whatever it is. But you can’t bring that into, you can’t bring that dying into your life , you‘re not drawing from, you try and draw from your own well, you’re gonna, you’re drawing nothing but dirty water, it’s not there, this is something that comes from outside, this is God’s uh, terrible gift to us. Because it’s the thing, it’s the point, it’s the critical mass of taking us into a deeper place in Christ, and this has, this has, this is a sense of, of being able to truly say from your heart, “I count it all as nothing” You know, that He could say that, and I’ve been in those moments."

I guess it's all about perspective, huh? Smile

Thanks Uncle Terry! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-25-2004 16:57 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

We got it.... its up here now since its off the site there.

Terry Interview

Give it 10 minutes...it's uploading now.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-25-2004 17:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jwaltb
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
We got it.... its up here now since its off the site there.

Terry Interview

Give it 10 minutes...it's uploading now.

Great! Thanks guys.

JB
07-25-2004 21:24 jwaltb is offline Send an Email to jwaltb Search for Posts by jwaltb Add jwaltb to your Buddy List
studio246
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-22-2002

"Sup With Jesus" interview with Terry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hi, everyone:

Sorry I spaced and forgot to put a direct link on this board. The show is still up on our site - it's in the Entree section instead of the main page now:

http://www.supwithjesus.com/episode9.mp3

I'm glad to hear the positive comments about Sup With Jesus... it was definitely our first "celebrity" show. Also sorry I haven't visited the DA board for a while, but I'll try to drop back by. That's probably where you've run across my name before. And I did a track for "When Worlds Collide" that didn't make the final cut...

Huge fan since 83 when I insisted that my friend teach me a guitar lick ("I Love You #19") I've been recording and producing audio for about 15 years, but my proudest and most ironic moment was when CCM favorably reviewed my indie release "Non Prophet."

The irony? The review was written by Jerry Chamberlain... the same man (and now friend) who wrote that first guitar lick.

Anyway, I hope the Terry interview is easier to find now.

Blessings,

Steve Broderson
07-26-2004 15:36 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Thanks for the interview Steve! Pleased

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
07-26-2004 15:39 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Administrator

Cool, Thanks Steve. We can take it down off DanielAmos.com
then. We need all the space we can get actually.

I think I like hearing what the guys have to say as much as
hearing their music. I really enjoyed last years press conference
at Cornerstone. Didn't get to see this years.

But interviews like this kinda are a window into their lives and
how and why they do certain songs. Adds dimension.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
07-26-2004 16:15 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

RE: "Sup With Jesus" interview with Terry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by studio246
And I did a track for "When Worlds Collide" that didn't make the final cut...

CooL Cool
I would love to hear it we at the DAmb don't cut much, if anything
DA related Cool

maybe upload it to your site so we can hear it ?

Lur

07-26-2004 17:08 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah if you have one up lin it here, if not we can.

We had planned on a second disc but half the people
that said they would record never did.

Maybe we should just go ahead and print a disc of
what we have.

07-26-2004 17:12 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Maybe we should just go ahead and print a disc of what we have.

YeS! "When Worlds Collide" EP Cool

07-26-2004 17:21 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah we might as well do that.

If we do, it's actually going to be very different than
the first disc. We have some really strange tracks.

07-26-2004 17:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Captain Pedantic Captain Pedantic is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-239.gif

Registration Date: 12-18-2002
Location: "This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence." - Vyvian - The Young Ones

How about an itunes style download?

Pay money at the store for the high quality mp3 for each song. Let people burn their own ep's if they want - offer Album artwork jpg's for free.

Quick way to bring money in - just have to get permission of the artists - and sort out the charity donation.

07-26-2004 17:56 Captain Pedantic is offline Send an Email to Captain Pedantic Search for Posts by Captain Pedantic Add Captain Pedantic to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for Captain Pedantic
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » TST Interview

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH