Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ghost of the Heart MP3 posted » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ghost of the Heart MP3 posted
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
studio246
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-22-2002

Ghost of the Heart MP3 posted Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hello, DAMB friends.

At the request of someone in another thread, I've posted my version of "Ghost Of The Heart" for your enjoyment. Recorded about 4 years ago, Shocked , It was a DIY project, except for a female singer whose name escapes me. Listen for the hidden "2nd tribute" to another great D.A. song.

http://homepage.mac.com/broderson/FileSharing15.html

Broderson

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by studio246: 08-03-2004 09:16.

08-03-2004 09:16 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Its cool!

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-03-2004 09:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Excellent, thanks Cool

08-03-2004 09:53 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Gabriel Syme Gabriel Syme is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-135.gif

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks. Very enjoyable.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Gabriel Syme: 08-03-2004 09:57.

08-03-2004 09:56 Gabriel Syme is offline Search for Posts by Gabriel Syme Add Gabriel Syme to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Charlie Peacock clip Evil

... LoL

08-03-2004 09:57 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
Charlie Peacock clip Evil

... LoL

Yep. Probably my favorite CP song trashed beyond repair.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
08-03-2004 10:39 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

RE: Ghost of the Heart MP3 posted Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by studio246
Listen for the hidden "2nd tribute" to another great D.A. song.

Confused help a guy out...

08-03-2004 11:16 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

damb talented punks........
me and a few old timer friends are gonna come over and gum you to pieces!

btw-
how could you ferget your friend Cindy Lauper on BGVs?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 08-03-2004 11:28.

08-03-2004 11:28 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

very nice Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I appreciate your vision for arrangement. You stuck pretty close to the original, but that made the subtleties you added more tastefully demonstrated. Thankx for sharing that!
08-03-2004 11:42 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
studio246
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 04-22-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by studio246
RE: Ghost of the Heart MP3 posted Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

help a guy out...

Dale:

During the "pre-solo" section, (1:20 into the song) I threw in the "I Love You #19" lick.

Subtle, I know, but I wanted to throw in the first guitar lick I ever learned 'cause it was very significant in my musical upbringing...

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their kind replies!

SB

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by studio246: 08-03-2004 11:59.

08-03-2004 11:57 studio246 is offline Send an Email to studio246 Search for Posts by studio246 Add studio246 to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

hmm-
I thought I heard a part of musical fruit at about 2:38....
next time- eat AFTER recording there s246....

jk of course!

I agree with theo- you kept the integrity of the music and lyric all the way thru.
kudos.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-03-2004 14:05 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

very nice! Pleased

08-03-2004 15:33 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Tongue Hey, do you know about my Sediment Project??? We are doing one under the radar called Sediment Tribute of cover songs (it won't be on our site but all contributors will get a copy). Our regular Sediment is all about original recordings if you do those too. Anyway, I know I've confused you so go to www.dorfsmith.com and check it out Tongue

08-03-2004 17:46 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

I remember this version. In fact, I downloaded it on my first laptop on my first internet connection right before Gene died.

I've gone back to it from time to time, but I never noticed the #19 lick. Smooth move.

I can't see why it didn't make the original cut.

Zip

August 2005
08-03-2004 17:49 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yeah basically we had enough tracks for a disc and a half,
we wanted two discs full. The judgements on which tracks
went on were....a nightmare. And then it got worse when
we had to split the project in two. There are several tracks that
are just as good as the ones on disc 1 that were supposed to
be on disc 2... then disc two didn't happen.

We planned on releasing it later, but the project then lost steam
after we got overwhelmed with other things going on. It's only
this year that we've actually been able to try and get back on track.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-03-2004 17:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

So you seriously might put out disk two Tongue

08-03-2004 18:23 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Administrator

Yes, its a project we could do something with. Even if
we just had an EP worth of stuff.

08-03-2004 18:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Grand Encephalon

Coolness!!!

08-03-2004 18:48 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ghost of the Heart MP3 posted

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH