Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What's a good 77's album to start with? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's a good 77's album to start with?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
Sticks & Stones

then work your way back...

then work your way forward to Tom Tom blues...

Yes, Sticks & Stones is a must! Cool

08-13-2004 09:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
starting bid is $7.77! Pleased

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Go! Bid now! Well, go on!

08-13-2004 09:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Bret 2.0 Bret 2.0 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 07-11-2004

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Has my favorite version of "Don't this way" on it. What an incredible song.

Real Rock Radio

08-13-2004 10:15 Bret 2.0 is offline Send an Email to Bret 2.0 Homepage of Bret 2.0 Search for Posts by Bret 2.0 Add Bret 2.0 to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Bret 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:

Has my favorite version of "Don't this way" on it. What an incredible song.

my second favorite album of the 77's Cool first is 88 everything else is third Tongue

08-13-2004 11:21 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Cool Imho... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The Funky Crow Thang (aka A Golden Field of Radioactive Crows) or 77 (but since they're the best two you may want to hold off -- but I do think they're also the two most musically accessible).

If y'r more a delayed-gratification guy, start with Late instead -- as the audioris already pointed out it's got a little bit of everything, from "Denomination Blues" (from the 1st album) to stuff from the Funky Crow Thang (last full-length album).

Sticks and Stones kinda works that way too, albeit in a different way (all from roughly the same time period but all over the map musically, for both better and worse).

Heck, you can really start with almost any of them. Pray Naked and Drowning with Land in Sight are a bit more "acquired" than the ones above, IMHO, although every bit as good. Except Ping Pong or Tom Tom. Tongue Don't stall yr discovery period the same way I did with those two. Start yr neverending Roe-mance the right way. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
08-13-2004 11:53 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Did anyone else listen to that funky crow thang while watching the Perseids the other night? Marvelous!
08-13-2004 12:15 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Did anyone else listen to that funky crow thang while watching the Perseids the other night? Marvelous!

Hey diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the crow...

... did a funky shower breakdance over the Perseid?

I worry about you bax. Tongue

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-13-2004 13:12 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Was that a "no?"
08-13-2004 13:14 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
Was that a "no?"

Yes, that's right.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
08-13-2004 13:15 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
j100xtra
unregistered

I have to chime in here and say that "Sticks and Stones" is an excellent place to start with the 77s. Just don't listen to Carl. Ping Pong and Tom Tom Blues are both excellent albums as well.
08-13-2004 13:33
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i can agree with J (infrequently)
08-13-2004 13:34 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So can I. But this ain't one of them. Tongue

08-13-2004 13:45 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

Sticks and Stones on eBay right now...

(just pointing this out...this is not my auction)

08-13-2004 14:40 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
illustrator illustrator is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 07-01-2004

Smile Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pfiagra
Sticks and Stones on eBay right now...

(just pointing this out...this is not my auction)

fyi. If you follow this link and then click on 'see my other auctions' there's lots of old Da stuff for sale (its not my auction either
08-13-2004 15:44 illustrator is offline Send an Email to illustrator Homepage of illustrator Search for Posts by illustrator Add illustrator to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Is this the 77's Board?

muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

08-13-2004 16:17 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
j100xtra
unregistered

We're taking over. Big Grin
08-13-2004 17:53
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...mMakeTrack=true
08-13-2004 18:11 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

My First 77s album ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

... was their Island Records release. Wasn't that self-titled as well?
08-13-2004 20:43 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As well as what? Tongue

08-14-2004 08:55 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

naked prey Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Pray Naked cassette is available on christianbook.com for $ 0.29. I know cassettes are all out of style, but it's a cheap way to pick up an amazing out of print album.
08-14-2004 09:07 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What's a good 77's album to start with?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH