Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dämb It ∞ Fan Disc » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Dämb It ∞ Fan Disc
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Dämb It ∞ Fan Disc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So what do you all think?

Do you have enough time to get your songs done? Or do you have too much time?

I'm ready to get this thing done but can't do much until all the songs are in.

So as a way to keep interest in this thing....

Should we move up the Deadline?

or

Should we keep the Deadline the same?

BD

09-02-2002 12:30 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Dämb It Fan Disc Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not sure what happend with that title?????

oh well.

BD

09-02-2002 12:34 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

BD,
From my perspective, it's coming together for me. I could have my song done by 10/01, if that is better. I'm going to be able to pull it off. I am curious to see what the others think though.
LK-9

09-02-2002 13:05 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
BD,
From my perspective, it's coming together for me. I could have my song done by 10/01, if that is better. I'm going to be able to pull it off. I am curious to see what the others think though.
LK-9

yeah, I don't want to rush anyone...

I was just wondering where everyone is at with their song.

BD

09-02-2002 13:23 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

patience grasshopper.

actually it's coming along nicely. it wouldn't rock my world if the deadline was moved up to 10/1...

09-02-2002 18:59 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
patience grasshopper.

Tongue

09-02-2002 19:00 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
patience grasshopper.

Tongue

Hey grasshopper, you must live in an ugly location. Big Grin

09-02-2002 19:01 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

™ reports: Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Monday, Labor Day, September 2, 2002

The pre-production session for Bibleland went well, Duane and I got all the samples and clips we needed from DVD's and CD's. I laid down the scratch vocal and guitar against a Girl from Ipemema drum machine track (THAT was interesting!).

The overview of the track is as follows;

Opens with a sample of the noisy guitar from Bibleland "looped" with the Stooges bit, "I'm pure as the driven snow...-but ya drifted! DOINK" overlayed.

matrix frequency sample into my version of Bibleland

closes with Barbara Ann bit only with Bibleland lyrics and finally the Am7, G, D closing harmonies from "Ghost Train To Nowhere".

KILLER!

PS I'd like until the middle of October to make it adequately silly though I may be able to complete by the end of September-

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
09-02-2002 19:20 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

Take all the time you need ™!

I'm just trying to keep the momentum going for those who haven't started their song yet. Time will run out soon enough with the original date. (but don't tell anyone) Wink

I can't wait to hear all the various interpretations from the DAmb!

Smile )

BD

09-02-2002 19:57 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
quote:
patience grasshopper.

Tongue

Hey grasshopper, you must live in an ugly location. Big Grin

mucho uglinesso en mi casa

09-02-2002 20:00 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

and-and-and Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the "in Bibleland (woah-woah-woah)" parts're gonna have cool special effects in 'em

and-and

there's gonna be riffs and allusions to other songs in it

and...-SHHH!

(oh man! I'm givin' too much away-)

09-02-2002 23:18 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by ™
the "in Bibleland (woah-woah-woah)" parts're gonna have cool special effects in 'em

and-and

there's gonna be riffs and allusions to other songs in it

and...-SHHH!

(oh man! I'm givin' too much away-)

sounds like fun!!!

Big Grin

09-02-2002 23:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Angels Tuck You Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey BD!!
I'm going into our studio on Thursday to toss something together for "Angels Tuck You In Tonight". Then it'll go off in the mail to you in a couple of weeks. Can you deal with it on DAT?
FUN!
theo Big Grin
09-03-2002 00:11 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Keep the deadline... My band has practiced "Father Explains" in the past, but recently we haven't had the chance to get together much. This means that if we meet any time soon, our original songs are priority. I also need to know if at least my drummer's in for this project. Otherwise, I get to record it on my own at the very last minute (maybe I should just record one on my own in advance). Wink But if you wait, we might get another one done (maybe "No Spaceship," or "If you Want to").

At any rate, I don't know if our recording(s) will be all that silly, but they should sound different.

09-03-2002 00:33 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Theo
Hey BD!!
I'm going into our studio on Thursday to toss something together for "Angels Tuck You In Tonight". Then it'll go off in the mail to you in a couple of weeks. Can you deal with it on DAT?
FUN!
theo Big Grin

DAT is about the only thing I don't have Frown

I probably should get one someday, but not this year.

BD

09-03-2002 08:08 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by arcticsunburn
Keep the deadline... My band has practiced "Father Explains" in the past, but recently we haven't had the chance to get together much. This means that if we meet any time soon, our original songs are priority. I also need to know if at least my drummer's in for this project. Otherwise, I get to record it on my own at the very last minute (maybe I should just record one on my own in advance). Wink But if you wait, we might get another one done (maybe "No Spaceship," or "If you Want to").

At any rate, I don't know if our recording(s) will be all that silly, but they should sound different.

we'll keep the original deadline.....

like I said on the other side, I'm only trying to keep the interest in the project alive Big Grin

BD

and if you can do more than one tune it's ok by me!

09-03-2002 08:20 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Lucy Lucy is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-16-2002

Did mine arrive Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey BD-
Just curious if my CD arrived yet in the mail to you? I wasn't sure how long it would take.
I'm feeling a bit daunted by the sound of people going into actual studios and stuff for this. Mine are no where near that kind of quality??@#&%!@#%^!#
Oh well,
lucy
09-03-2002 13:10 Lucy is offline Send an Email to Lucy Homepage of Lucy Search for Posts by Lucy Add Lucy to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Lucy
Hey BD-
Just curious if my CD arrived yet in the mail to you? I wasn't sure how long it would take.
I'm feeling a bit daunted by the sound of people going into actual studios and stuff for this. Mine are no where near that kind of quality??@#&%!@#%^!#
Oh well,
lucy

I've been on the lookout for it, but it's not here yet.Frown

I'll let you know when I have it in my grubby little hands. Smile )

BD

quality schmality dennis did his in a few hours and it sounds great! I'm sure all of them will be fun!

09-03-2002 15:56 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Hey Theo! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Send yer DAT to me! Duane's got DA-88's and we can transfer it to disc and I'll mail it with mine to BD-
Big Grin

09-03-2002 17:00 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by ™
Send yer DAT to me! Duane's got DA-88's and we can transfer it to disc and I'll mail it with mine to BD-
Big Grin

there you go!

(i thought it was 77s 88 heh heh)

09-03-2002 17:24 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Dämb It ∞ Fan Disc

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH