Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs in California!! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs in California!! 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Attention Lost Dogs in California!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry Taylor and Mike Roe will be performing on August 26 at Camp CAACONAA in Chatsworth, CA.

Camp CAACONAA, inspired by the Terry Taylor and Theo Obrastoff production Come As A Child Or Not At All , is a camp for Dad's to bring one of their kids for intense, one-on-one bonding in the red, rocky hills of Chatsworth. Hiking, archery, bb-guns, and baseball are the background for this unique father/child experience.

Terry and Mike will be performing at our traditional late night, outdoor show. Cartoons, movie clips and live music are the perfect reason to cuddle your kid under the stars and laugh, and cry, and love.

Go here to read an article about last week's Camp CAACONAA for the LAPD.

Cost is $30 per father/child pair for the whole experience from 4pm Friday to 2pm Saturday. If you can only make the show, it's from 7pm to 9:30pm on Friday. Cost for show and dinner is $20 per father/child pair.

Come and enjoy the land where Roy Rogers, Zorro, and The Lone Ranger made their marks, and where Charles Manson went down.

Directions are here, but that's not all. Follow the directions, then go past Rocky Peak 1/8 mile to the KidsFutureNow property.

I need to know if you are coming, so contact me at fred@childrenshungerfund.org

Come As A Child Or Not At All,

- Fred

August 2005

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by zippetydoodaddy: 08-16-2005 15:14.

08-16-2005 09:36 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

not enough notice to make it from spokane..... Crying

Cool
08-16-2005 12:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
RE: Lost Dogs in California!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What? Nobody is interested in a rare, left-coast performance by the overwhelmingly talented Mr. Terrence Scottford Taylorman?

Have all the California DA fans moved to Cashville or Minnesota?

August 2005
08-19-2005 18:07 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Back to the top!

Where have all the cowboys gone?

August 2005
08-24-2005 07:27 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by zippetydoodaddy
Back to the top!

Where have all the cowboys gone?

I would love to go but there is way too much going on right now to make that date. Frown
08-24-2005 09:19 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

RE: Lost Dogs in California!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
... or Minnesota?

YuP Pleased

08-24-2005 09:21 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Yeah wish we could be there this time around. Anyone that is in the area should make it, its a nice place and good spot for a show. We were glad we traveled from Missouri last time.

08-24-2005 10:05 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased Pleased
08-24-2005 10:59 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown RE: Lost Dogs in California!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
What? Nobody is interested in a rare, left-coast performance by the overwhelmingly talented Mr. Terrence Scottford Taylorman?

Have all the California DA fans moved to Cashville or Minnesota?

very interested..... but yep, moved away....
last time we had plenty of advance notice so those in other states could plan a trip and get time off work.... Red Face
i'll let everybody i know who's still down there know about it, zippy! Pleased

Cool
08-24-2005 11:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe
quote:
... or Minnesota?

YuP Pleased

right across the bridge at ya!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
08-24-2005 13:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Crap! I wish I had seen this earlier. I just drove down to Irvine last weekend for the big Broken records show - My wife would kill me if I left for another weekend. I wish I had known earlier. I'd definitely have found some way. Tomorrow night is just too soon to plan anything. I hope it's a great gig though. I'm 5 hours away now though.
08-25-2005 23:05 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

HEY BRD....
Those "Next time" things..dern eh?

and the "Wife would kill me"?

Been in THAT mode a few times......
How was the Broken records thang..?

08-26-2005 08:54 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

broken show Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Hey Mr. Cricket - the show was excellent. All 5 bands were tight and looked as if they'd been doing shows the whole time (which a few obviously had). 441 was a lot of fun. The bass player was diagnosed with cancer a few days before the show and couldn't be there. That was sad. Ronnie Martin from Dance House Children and Joy Electric and...... played keyboards for them.
Crumbacher was excellent. Suprisingly so. Christopher Duke played on all songs (even the old Incandesent ones). Good stuff.
Altar Boys rocked just as they did when I went to their shows 15 years ago. Mike Stand has more energy than my 3 year old daughter. Don't know how he does it.
The Choir did a great job playing their swirly pop music. That Derri can sure sing. A lot of Circle Slide era stuff. Nothing from 20 years ago (no Youth Choir songs that I can recall).
Undercover was strong. They even had Bill Walden come out and sing on Holy Holy Holy and another song from the early days. Very cool. Sim doesn't seem to know what to do with himself on stage (just kind of runs around from side to side) but dude can sing.
The friend who went with me is now a Terry Taylor fan (listened to him in the car both ways) and ordered a few CDs from the website as well as the Neverhood game from Ebay. We even stopped at Olvera street for some tacquitos. mmmmmmmmmmm............

A decidely rewarding weekend.
08-26-2005 10:00 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

BRD-
sounds like a great time!
I really liked Crumbacher back when..and have been introduced to the Alter Boys and Undercover (Mike Stand) in just the last year..so much tunage out there. have heard a few Joy Electric tunes- like that synth style.

only saw the Choir for the first time this year - watta show..
the oldest piece was 'Children of Time" ..one that got both me and the boy all wound up! LOve that song- to hear it live was purty darn cool

and best of all- ya got a convert!
so he can help back the next Dog Show- eh?

Thanks for the info..its all good, eh?

08-26-2005 12:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Brenneth and i will be leaving in a few minutes. We want to stop and buy the new Wallflowers first, so we don't have to rely on the radio.
08-26-2005 12:45 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

have fun! Smile )

Cool
08-26-2005 12:59 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thanks Joey!

But the tent that Brenneth packed last night is not large enough for me...i am going to be coyote bait.
08-26-2005 13:01 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

A DINGO STOLE MY BABY!

08-26-2005 13:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

baxter is a dingo's baby?
08-26-2005 14:14 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I DUNNO

ask Meryl Streep- she stole the line...
or was it the dingo?

08-26-2005 14:23 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs in California!!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH