Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd better write something before I forget it all.

Actually, this was an uneventful day...thank goodness. Everything went like clockwork, no surprises or catastrophes. :-)

The afternoon started out great. Theo and I arrived around 11 am to the WOW Hall where I partnered with a homeless outreach group to provide music for this daytime event. Theo played off and on during the afternoon while I helped serve in the food line until about 1:30 pm when the Dogs arrived (after getting lost momentarily). They took the stage around 2 pm and gave the people more than they were looking for.

It was awesome. Everybody had been talking and milling around until the Dogs strummed the first chord. After that, they were mesmerized, listening intently and giving hearty applause after each song. Mike told me later that the outreach was the highlight of the weekend for him, that he knew that's where Jesus would've been.

The ticketed evening show went great, too. I didn't keep track of the set list, but there will be a DVD recording available in the near future. Randy Layton brought his dat recorder and a friend of his had two cameras filming the entire show.

Thanks to all of you who came out and supported the show and a huge thank you to the Lost Dogs. Big Grin

Linda
10-19-2005 12:58 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

linda
blessings on you and yours and all and them and us too.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-19-2005 13:02 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

AMEN!
10-19-2005 13:37 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s

I realized I neglected to thank Theo! Shocked

Thanks, Theo, for making the drive all the way down here. You blessed everybody's socks off. Pleased

Linda
10-19-2005 13:41 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

i thought he was long ago delivered from that foot fetish Confused
10-19-2005 13:46 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Dearest Linda Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

the blessing was mutual! Thank you!

Now my toes are cold. Can I put my socks back on!?!?!? Shocked Tongue Big Grin
10-19-2005 13:48 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Originally posted by Maetryx
I listened really hard for how to pronounce "Daugherty" while I was at the concert. Sure enough, I've been doing it wrong for 15 years. I was saying it so that it rhymed with "Power Tea". Apparently it rhymes better with "Mower Tea".

Smile

Welcome Maetryx. Thanks for the review! I've seen the Dogs 5 times (recently my husband and I sponsored them in Asheville, NC before we moved to Raleigh, NC) and I never tire of their humor, although I've never experienced a hat lady incident. That was too funny. Big Grin I believe "we were going to come back anyway" is Derri's classic line after the encore. Big Grin

I also wanted to address your comment here. I actually went to school with someone with the last name of Daugherty, so I didn't have much trouble with Derri's last name, although I can certainly understand someone having trouble as it is an unusual last name.

btw, I am a huge Dogs fan. I'm here because I learned to appreciate Terry's musical genius after becoming a Dogs fan after becoming a fan of Derri's. Now I've branched out and have become a fan of Mike too.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
10-25-2005 11:35 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

in my work town they have had a Daugherty Hardware, a Daugherty Appliance Store, and a Daugherty Funeral home

So between those three and Derri
I can Love some Tunes, buy an Iron, repair a leaky sink and get cremated.

All in the name of Daugherty.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
10-25-2005 11:56 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by bereal
quote:
Originally posted by Maetryx
I listened really hard for how to pronounce "Daugherty" while I was at the concert. Sure enough, I've been doing it wrong for 15 years. I was saying it so that it rhymed with "Power Tea". Apparently it rhymes better with "Mower Tea".

Smile

Welcome Maetryx. Thanks for the review! I've seen the Dogs 5 times (recently my husband and I sponsored them in Asheville, NC before we moved to Raleigh, NC) and I never tire of their humor, although I've never experienced a hat lady incident. That was too funny. Big Grin I believe "we were going to come back anyway" is Derri's classic line after the encore. Big Grin

I also wanted to address your comment here. I actually went to school with someone with the last name of Daugherty, so I didn't have much trouble with Derri's last name, although I can certainly understand someone having trouble as it is an unusual last name.

btw, I am a huge Dogs fan. I'm here because I learned to appreciate Terry's musical genius after becoming a Dogs fan after becoming a fan of Derri's. Now I've branched out and have become a fan of Mike too.

She just couldn't get MotorCycle (heck for that matter the Dogs at first) but that was back in the high-falutin' AoG days. Frown Big Grin

And there is also the last name Doherty, which might be where some get confused. At least Derri is easier than Derald. Big Grin

Welcome and thanx for the review Maetryx! Smile )

Our 4 yr old son says Bon Apetit like Bone Apple-Tea Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-28-2005 14:50 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Lost Dogs, Oct 16th in Eugene, OR

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH