Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Concert Planning Thread » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA Concert Planning Thread
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Eleanor
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by PuP
As the old saying goes, "If it took a dime to go 'round the world, I couldn't get out of sight."

I'll be praying that the rest of you get your dream come true and maybe someday I'll enjoy the BDDVD.

Yeah, that's more like us too. Red Face Frown Crying

But maybe we could fork over some $ if the DVD was a done deal in advance of the show. Smile )

I hope that it is not a BDDVD!

Something a lot more professional would be in order for a DA concert like this. Red Face

not some cheesy bootleg crap Mad

Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-09-2005 12:01 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
`Me likes cheesey bootleg crap..

I'm from Wisconsin!

HEY, WHATCHOO DOIN' HERE....
not responding to your sister today?

see how you are...............

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-09-2005 12:08 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

you you~
I never got a respionse to what I sent at 8:00..
bout the weekend.
-hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Im goin back to Pony express- thats it!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
12-09-2005 12:16 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

never got it.

honest......

and I have gotten other outside e's, so it must be YOUR crappy system at work.....................

neener neener.

did you get 3 from me??!!!!

hmmm

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

12-09-2005 12:44 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

quote:
Br and MF
If you jist up yer moonshine output fer a few months...you'd have plenty of scratch.
Perhaps invest in those cheaper brand jars instead of insisting on real Mason ones....

oops- you mean that was a private enterprise???

cmon - you dont live in the mountains fer nuttin do ya?

That'd work if we were still in moonshine country Wink There ain't no hills to hide behind here.

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
12-09-2005 16:30 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

it might be time that da "concert" got it's own thread.

what do ya think?

12-12-2005 00:34 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Eleanor Eleanor is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-641.jpg

well what do you think? Tongue
12-12-2005 08:05 Eleanor is offline Send an Email to Eleanor Search for Posts by Eleanor Add Eleanor to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

New Thread Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

wes had a pretty good idea about giving the concert discussion it's own thread. I've moved all the posts following the idea's first mention into this new thread which should help people find it easier.

(If the title is hoky, let me know a better one! Smile )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 12-12-2005 11:02.

12-12-2005 11:01 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Thread Starter Thread Started by .backs.

i prefer

Planning DA Concert thread

12-12-2005 11:09 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
PuP

Ghosts have no voting privileges! Tongue

12-12-2005 11:12 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Angry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by .backs.: 12-12-2005 11:23.

12-12-2005 11:16 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
PuP

My apologies. "The corporeal-challenged are unfairly disenfranchised."

Is that PC-enough?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by PuP: 12-12-2005 11:19.

12-12-2005 11:18 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Yes, thank you!

Are ghosts invited to this shindig?

12-12-2005 11:23 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

i sure hope so......boo. Tongue

12-12-2005 12:08 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

To add to whats been said, I don't think the band would not want to do a show. But I know Terry talked about the logistics, for one they would need rehearsal time. The cost of the show as has been already mentioned would have to cover travel for at the very least Tim. Maybe something could be planned over a weekend? Not sure how much rehearsal time they would need a day or two? They would have to make enough off the show to make it worth them taking off a couple days to do it.

This is one of those things where small tours actually help cover travel costs and such by dividing up the cost between multiple promoters. But, if the band cant take off of work for a small tour, it ends up costing a lot more to do just one show than it would to book a show on a tour.

So I think it could all be done, as long as enough money is raised and they can work out the timing. Maybe we can get from Terry a rough estimate at how much time would be involved and the cost of a one shot California show.

12-12-2005 12:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

the cost of a one shot California show.

There you are...
The One Shot-gun Angel Tour..

12-12-2005 13:09 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

quote:
the cost of a one shot California show.

There you are...
The One Shot-gun Angel Tour..

or the One Shotgun Los Angeles Show

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Pfiagra: 12-12-2005 18:23.

12-12-2005 14:54 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

I'll accept that...

12-12-2005 15:44 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I think I'm gonna have an "L A Breakdown" cause it be so far away. Frown Big Grin

It's all good! Smile )

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
12-13-2005 06:10 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well if it happens we'd be on a plane out to John Wayne Airport..
last time I had a good long nap on the flight, and they gave me some
sort of tiny cookie. Smile

12-15-2005 15:10 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] 5 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DA Concert Planning Thread

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH