Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Christian rock is stupid. » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Christian rock is stupid. 4 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
bigboycying
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 02-24-2003

Thread Starter Thread Started by bigboycying
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is kind of interesting -- I have no memory of starting this thread whatsoever. I wonder what I meant by it.

"Someone's got it in for me, they're planting stories in the press..."
05-22-2003 10:59 bigboycying is offline Send an Email to bigboycying Search for Posts by bigboycying Add bigboycying to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

To Woggy,

I can't marry you, but I will consider you an honorary little sister.

You're very cool.

05-22-2003 11:36 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I think sometimes the reason Christian Rock seems stupid is because Christianity is so simple. Preach the gospel at a university to a group of unbelievers, then preach the same gospel message to a group of mildly retarded unbelievers at a soup kitchen. Who do you think is more likely to accept the Lord? My experience is the latter group will be more receptive.

People are more likely to get saved before they turn 12 than they are to get saved as an adult. Why? The gospel message is incredibly simple, yet incredibly profound. To reflect that message, much of Christian music is simple, too.

Sometimes this board seems like a bunch of intellectual elitists to me, then I realize how well I fit in with this group. I like to be intellectually challenged in my music and in my faith. But my hope is based on a very simple premise- I couldn't pay a debt so I had to have it paid for me.

05-22-2003 17:13 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I think sometimes the reason Christian Rock seems stupid is because Christianity is so simple.

well, if you listen to the music of Da it is not stupid....
the Swirling Eddies are kinda silly, but still not stupid....
but then if you listen to the bands they made fun of on sacred cows, i can see why most people think Christian rock is stupid....
use the J word Confused God good, devil bad... Confused Confused Confused and of course the crown prince of stupid Christian rock's wonderful song: satan, bite the dust! Roll Eyes
i haven't heard much of the other stuff, i feel like i want to throw up when i try to listen to so-called Christian radio....
the Gospel isn't stupid though.... too simple to get for some.... but when it's presented in songs like use the J word or satan, bite the dust..... or whatever crap they are spewing out now, it does kind of make us look like fools....... and not the fools for Christ that paul mentioned.......... Frown

05-22-2003 17:41 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Shemp
unregistered

God good,
devil bad...

DA good,
the Tuxedo Clad Megastar bad...

SE good,
Gaithers bad...

LD good,
Zoe Girl bad...

TST good,
Jim Nieghbors bad
05-23-2003 07:25
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

Alright, I'm going out on a limb here, but...

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is great for kids, don't you think? I mean, he keeps things simple and dumbed down enough for anybody under 10 to understand.

Don't get me wrong, I started a "the Tuxedo Clad Megastar Hate Club" when I was in High School, so I'm not a fan of his, but I wouldn't mind so much if my son got into him when he's in elementary school.

Just a thought.

I don't dig a lot of CCM because of the lack of talent involved. Now, I don't listen to much secular stuff either, but I'd rather listen to a DA or 77's disc instead of something by Avalon or Plus One. CCM tries to hard to mimic what's popular instead of being innovators on the music front.

Can you imagine if somebody did things right, marketed DA to a mass audience in the mid-eighties without interfering in TST's creative process? I could totally see DA getting secular airplay and a lot of respect for doing what they do. But instead they all have to work day jobs and don't get nearly enough time and money to continue doing what they love.

Sure, some Christian bands have gotten through that barrier - Sixpence (don't laugh - there's more to them than "Kiss Me") POD, Evanescense (although the attitude they displayed in an EW interview was pretty fringey) Chevelle and 12 Stones have done well.

Christian Rock isn't exactly stupid - it's the guys running Christian Rock *cough* Rick Cua *cough* that are screwing things up though.

05-23-2003 09:47
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey
treven.... he's been back for like 2 months... come on doc.... you don't really read this board do you? Frown

you just post! Evil

Red Face

Wink

oh Treven!

It's about friggin' time! Tongue

05-23-2003 09:52 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

quote:
Originally posted by Aloha's Bus Driver

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar is great for kids, don't you think? I mean, he keeps things simple and dumbed down enough for anybody under 10 to understand.

no, i don't think.... sesame street is good for kids....
car(t)man has bad theology.... i don't want my son walking around saying "satan, bite the dust!" like in the same way when he is pretending to fight darth vader with a light sabre.... that is just bad theology...... Red Face

Cool
05-23-2003 10:12 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Aloha's Bus Driver
unregistered

I'll give you that, Joey.
05-23-2003 10:13
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Tongue

05-23-2003 14:58 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Here's an interesting piece, that I found truly interesting about the concept of the Christian Music Industry.

Can a business be Christian?

05-27-2003 12:37 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mother Trucker
quote:

Jesus loves stupid people and there are lots of them to love...... Red Face

Are you calling people of God dumb? That aint right...

no... i am just calling you dumb! Tongue

Cool
12-28-2006 15:21 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

I'm impressed, Joey....you waited 43 months to respond
Tongue

12-28-2006 15:55 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Cool Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

Cool
12-28-2006 16:54 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

As Hank Hill once said:

"You aren't making Christianity better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse."

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
12-29-2006 09:25 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
SnowMan SnowMan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-10-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart Pedasso
Here's an interesting piece, that I found truly interesting about the intellection of the Christian Music Industry.

Can a business be Christian?

I guess then, the big question would be:

Is that where Jesus is? (e.g. the LD song)

Is Jesus working for or running a record company? I mean, he isn't on the golf course engaging in big oil deals, right?

Or not right? Hmmmm.... Wink

12-29-2006 10:42 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Aqua Green Toupee Aqua Green Toupee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-19-2004

I don't know who bigboycying is, but he is obviously an idiot.
12-29-2006 10:50 Aqua Green Toupee is offline Send an Email to Aqua Green Toupee Search for Posts by Aqua Green Toupee Add Aqua Green Toupee to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
As Hank Hill once said:

"You aren't making Christianity better, you're just making Rock and Roll worse."

amen! Big Grin

Cool
12-29-2006 11:07 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
As Hank Hill once said:

amen! Big Grin

LOL DITTO

12-29-2006 12:23 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Aqua Green Toupee
I don't know who bigboycying is, but he is obviously an idiot.
He may have been someone's alias. It's been almost 3 years since he posted anything. An we're obviouwsly all idiots. Now, go to eBay and buy my crap.

12-29-2006 12:34 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Christian rock is stupid.

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH