Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Thanks Myron, I knew that I could depend on your honest opinion. I think I will rush right over to Larry Norman's web site and order the CD.
Then I will patiently wait to see if Larry releases the tapes to DA.
I have stated that I think Larry should release the tapes as people are into unreleased and obscure tracks.(here is your hint myron)

08-01-2007 06:16 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Speaking of unreleased tapes-----
Myron, have you ever heard of Rev. Milton Brunson and the Thompson community singers. Or The locally known to Chicago, Chase with Jimmy Peterick? Or how about The Good News Circle? I have some remixed studio tapes from masters of these guys. Even some live Lamb from the mid 70's.
Have had these in the vault for 30 years and nobody has listened to this stuff, (except myself).
None of it is for sale, I was a student and used these as training material.

08-01-2007 09:01 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Larry won't release any tapes. In fact in the contract negotiations he originally wanted some "real estate", while in true Freudlian Projectionist form said we were trying to get things from him.

But, thats ok I think since we have copies of most of what he has, and Terry owns the copyright to most of what Larry has except for the actual album. Terry also owns the publishing to the album, so techincally Larry should be paying royalties for the CD sales to Terry.

We wanted to include Larry in this release to make it an ultimate Horrendous Disc, since he can't legally release the bonus material and we can't legally release the album. But we can and will figure out a package of sessions from the period and release the bonus material ourselves.

08-01-2007 09:25 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Good for you guys that you can make work around plans. To bad Larry is missing out on a blessing that God gives to us when we "give" to others.
I know Larry has been giving all of his life in his Ministry and has been continuing to give, but as I get older, I find out that it just doesn't matter in the bigger picture of "Glory".
Hey, here is an idea, Just change the name of the album. You know like from "Horrendous Disk" to Something like "Awful Platter".

It worked for the album from "Frizbee" to "Slinky".

Can't we all just get along.

08-01-2007 10:29 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Zudrak Zudrak is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-341.jpg

Registration Date: 07-20-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Curly
Good for you guys that you can make work around plans. To bad Larry is missing out on a blessing that God gives to us when we "give" to others.
I know Larry has been giving all of his life in his Ministry and has been continuing to give, but as I get older, I find out that it just doesn't matter in the bigger picture of "Glory".
Hey, here is an idea, Just change the name of the album. You know like from "Horrendous Disk" to Something like "Awful Platter".

It worked for the album from "Frizbee" to "Slinky".

Can't we all just get along.

You'd think that would be possible amongst fellow believers. Dying to self sometimes involves killing the "old man" and I guess that's harder done than said. Prayers for this situation so that we, the fans, can get some of these goodies on CD.

-Psalm 73:26
08-01-2007 11:16 Zudrak is offline Send an Email to Zudrak Search for Posts by Zudrak Add Zudrak to your Buddy List
Administrator

Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Getting along would mean walking in the spirit as opposed to the flesh, we need Uncle Terry's "Throne O Meter"... even in 'ministries' there is a lot of walking in the flesh. The sad part is as Galations 5 says those that live that way will not enter the Kingdom of God. They may say "Lord, Lord.." but he will say "I never knew you."

As far as the Horrendous Disc project, all we can say is we tried for a year to get Larry to work with us on it. The deal we offered him was we would do all the work, we would pay for the restoration of tapes, we would pay for manufacturing, and we would give him 50% of the discs. It would be a situation where he would basically have to do nothing, pay for nothing, and with every printing of the two discs (album and bonus stuff), he would get 500 that he could sell for $20 or $30 or whatever he chose. We even said we would show him the artwork before its printed for his approval.

We thought it would be a really cool project for Solid Rock and Stunt to work together. Especially since neither of us can put out the combination alone legally. But I guess the deal we offered just wasn't good enough for Larry. So, he will print the album and we will print the bonus material.

08-01-2007 11:37 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

Does Larry have any potential bonus material that you don't have?
08-01-2007 12:02 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

[quote]Originally posted by Curly
Speaking of unreleased tapes-----
Myron, have you ever heard of Rev. Milton Brunson and the Thompson community singers. Or The locally known to Chicago, Chase with Jimmy Peterick? Or how about The Good News Circle? I have some remixed studio tapes from masters of these guys. Even some live Lamb from the mid 70's.
Have had these in the vault for 30 years and nobody has listened to this stuff, (except myself).

No, I haven't heard of those artists, other than Lamb. BTW, I didn't catch what your clue was in your previous post, but I have a feeling we must know each other from the Larry or Jesus Music list, but you have a different alias?
08-01-2007 12:05 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

Whats wrong with Larry website, its all broken and stuff. www.larrynorman.com
08-01-2007 12:50 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Phy Phy is a male
Mind Peach

images/avatars/avatar-494.jpg

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Worked for me.

08-01-2007 13:37 Phy is offline Send an Email to Phy Homepage of Phy Search for Posts by Phy Add Phy to your Buddy List Add Phy to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of Phy: MyriadPhy YIM Account Name of Phy: bio_phy View the MSN Profile for Phy
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Myron

Not really.

08-01-2007 14:09 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
navfox navfox is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

images/avatars/avatar-448.gif

Registration Date: 06-17-2002

go to his online store, its blank and pages are huge with nothing in them.
08-01-2007 15:00 navfox is offline Send an Email to navfox Homepage of navfox Search for Posts by navfox Add navfox to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for navfox
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
quote:
Originally posted by Myron

Not really.

Not really kinda implies that there could be something perhaps minor, can you be any more specific? Are we talking perhpas some alternate mixes you don't have or some live stuff? Is there actuall documentation from back then of what the potential tracks are, since that is a long time ago to try and go by memory as to what might of been available.
And off the top of my head, here are guesses as to what might be included as bonus tracks:
-So Certain
-I'm On Your Team (live?)
-Fairy Tale
-After All These Years
-I Can't Get You Outta My Mind
-Little Things
-Bad Boy Johnny (live?)
-Happily Married Man
Am I on the right track? Is there other stuff we won't even have heard of before?
08-01-2007 15:09 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I doubt Larry has any live stuff... maybe some alternate mixes that we don't have - not sure. It seems like everything from that time was mixed and remixed a dozen times.

Theres actually a bunch of unreleased songs from that era.. only a few have been released in any form.

For example: "So Certain" (previously released), "Laisez-Faire" (previously released), "UFO", "Tonight", "Twilight love" (A live version of this song was later released as a bonus track on "Our Personal Favorite World Famous Hits), "Hello Aloha", "The Wonder Is You", "Talk", "I'll Be Right Here Waiting", "Cinema Girl", "She Gets To Me", "Noelle", "Taking A Fall", and "Weather Girl". Theres also a bunch of odd live tracks like a really early version of "Hound of Heaven" and other odds n' ends. Plus some demos and early versions laying around of various songs. Its bound to be a fun collection of rarities.

Theres even a version of the original Horrendous Disc cover idea sitting around.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
08-01-2007 15:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Thanks for that....are the unreleased songs full studio recordings or more like demos? Is there orchestration on any of them? Were these recordings that were geared more to a secular contract with Warner/Curb by any chance?
08-01-2007 19:04 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by navfox
go to his online store, its blank and pages are huge with nothing in them.

"THE STORE IS CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE."

08-01-2007 19:28 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Did everybody see that Larry is in concert in NYC on Saturday?

08-01-2007 19:36 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Administrator

There is a bunch of studio tracks and a bunch of demos. Some of the demos are 4 track and some are 16 track. There are about 10 studio tracks that we and Larry have that were studio demos that were meant to shop around to labels, not just warner curb. We actually have multiple masters of those, some have different mixes. They did actually record the Horrendous Disc album originally for Maranatha! and we have that master. Its different than the Solid Rock version, and could be released by us since it is a different recording altogether.

"Happily Married Man" wasn't part of the solid rock era by the way.

08-01-2007 22:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Something that slightly bugged me about the HD CD re-issue was the very audible (at least through headphones) artifacting from the digital noise reduction. Hopefully that can be avoided during the remastering of any "new" material from that era.
08-01-2007 22:49 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Administrator

I believe most of what we have were mastered from the tapes to digital by engineers related to the band.

08-01-2007 22:57 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 10 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH