Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » We Are Recabites! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page We Are Recabites!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

We Are Recabites! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I wished the SE would do a theme album totally based on strange, weird and obscure peopl/events in the Bible. Old and new testament. i.e. like lazarus. I really enjoyed Frank Black and the Catholics that took you back to Biblical times. Frank likes to venture to those times in his writing. (sorry Audiori J for the Frank B reference)

My friends and I with our unorganized band Medicine Crow that never actually played together at one time, made a song called "We are Recabites!". It's about an obscure group of people in the Bible. They were nomads who lived by their own rules but because they were dedicated to their own rules they were respected. The song was really bad and the 2 ton tascam 4 track we used was too small for our grandiose ideas. The ideas that flooded our minds after the bottomless cup of Joe from Sambos that we always drank before recording. Ok, actually Lennys. Anyway someday I will post a link to the song Smile I know people can't wait! Big Grin

10-02-2007 10:53 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jeremiah 35
1The word which came unto Jeremiah from the LORD in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, saying,

2Go unto the house of the Rechabites, and speak unto them, and bring them into the house of the LORD, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink.

3Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habaziniah, and his brethren, and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites;

4And I brought them into the house of the LORD, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan, the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door:

5And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine.

6But they said, We will drink no wine: for Jonadab the son of Rechab our father commanded us, saying, Ye shall drink no wine, neither ye, nor your sons for ever:

7Neither shall ye build house, nor sow seed, nor plant vineyard, nor have any: but all your days ye shall dwell in tents; that ye may live many days in the land where ye be strangers.

8Thus have we obeyed the voice of Jonadab the son of Rechab our father in all that he hath charged us, to drink no wine all our days, we, our wives, our sons, nor our daughters;

9Nor to build houses for us to dwell in: neither have we vineyard, nor field, nor seed:

10But we have dwelt in tents, and have obeyed, and done according to all that Jonadab our father commanded us.

11But it came to pass, when Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon came up into the land, that we said, Come, and let us go to Jerusalem for fear of the army of the Chaldeans, and for fear of the army of the Syrians: so we dwell at Jerusalem.

12Then came the word of the LORD unto Jeremiah, saying,

13Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Go and tell the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Will ye not receive instruction to hearken to my words? saith the LORD.

14The words of Jonadab the son of Rechab, that he commanded his sons not to drink wine, are performed; for unto this day they drink none, but obey their father's commandment: notwithstanding I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but ye hearkened not unto me.

15I have sent also unto you all my servants the prophets, rising up early and sending them, saying, Return ye now every man from his evil way, and amend your doings, and go not after other gods to serve them, and ye shall dwell in the land which I have given to you and to your fathers: but ye have not inclined your ear, nor hearkened unto me.

16Because the sons of Jonadab the son of Rechab have performed the commandment of their father, which he commanded them; but this people hath not hearkened unto me:

17Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them: because I have spoken unto them, but they have not heard; and I have called unto them, but they have not answered.

18And Jeremiah said unto the house of the Rechabites, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Because ye have obeyed the commandment of Jonadab your father, and kept all his precepts, and done according unto all that he hath commanded you:

19Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Jonadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for ever.

10-02-2007 11:45 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Thread Starter Thread Started by Drtuddle
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was thinking the Medicine Crow song We are Recabites would be a great sprinklerhead song! Big Grin

10-02-2007 14:58 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

RE: We Are Recabites! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Drtuddle
I wished the SE would do a theme album totally based on strange, weird and obscure peopl/events in the Bible. Old and new testament. i.e. like lazarus. I really enjoyed Frank Black and the Catholics that took you back to Biblical times. Frank likes to venture to those times in his writing. (sorry Audiori J for the Frank B reference)

My friends and I with our unorganized band Medicine Crow that never actually played together at one time, made a song called "We are Recabites!". It's about an obscure group of people in the Bible. They were nomads who lived by their own rules but because they were dedicated to their own rules they were respected. The song was really bad and the 2 ton tascam 4 track we used was too small for our grandiose ideas. The ideas that flooded our minds after the bottomless cup of Joe from Sambos that we always drank before recording. Ok, actually Lennys. Anyway someday I will post a link to the song Smile I know people can't wait! Big Grin

Who are you!!!????

FYI Andrew Searsy was a roomate of mine and one of my best friends on college. Oddly enough, I remember Medicine Crow AND 'We Are Recabites"!
10-02-2007 16:02 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Of course, I was more of a "Swahili Monkey Brothers" fan, myself.
10-02-2007 16:02 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

"Fruit Fruit is good for you and your mama to!" I just made a tape of some loose stuff I had of Andy for his son Dylan while he and his mother are back in the States.

You don't notice Andy in my Avitar?

10-02-2007 21:51 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Who are you!!!????

You really just freaked me out! Guess I did you also. Cool

10-02-2007 21:54 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
"Fruit Fruit is good for you and your mama to!" I just made a tape of some loose stuff I had of Andy for his son Dylan while he and his mother are back in the States.

You don't notice Andy in my Avitar?

OMG! Chugging milk! I never examined the photo that closely. (I didn't know I had a reason to.) Wow.

Andy was the one who (successfully) introduced me to TST/DA/SE via the Swirling Eddies. He would play "Hide the Beer". We had another friend who had tried to get me to listen to "Let's Spin" by telling me it sounded like Blood, Sweat and Tears. It doesn't.
10-03-2007 09:03 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

Rechabites by Medicine Crow Probably should apologize to listeners ears before they partake but I'm not! Hello Podunk!

10-03-2007 09:49 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
OMG! Chugging milk! I never examined the photo that closely

that's me in the foreground Andy in the middle Bryan Preston from Hotair.com on the far side at our favorite Creek campsite!

10-03-2007 10:12 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Rechabites by Medicine Crow Probably should apologize to listeners ears before they partake but I'm not! Hello Podunk!

Cool! I'll have to download this tonight whn I get home tonight. Our frowns on downloading into office computers.
10-03-2007 11:08 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

I probably got some Andy dylanish music I could upload for ya

10-03-2007 11:58 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

That would be great! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
I probably got some Andy dylanish music I could upload for ya

Do you by chance have him doing "There's More to Love (Than Singing a Love Song)"? Andy at his plaintive best. (Of course, for lyrical depth - there is no comparison to "Catch a Bus" or "Cheetos".)

Out of curiosity are you the one who ended up with the Elvis outfit from "Joseph and the Amazing Tech. Dreamcoat"? He told me he gave it to one of his Medicine Crow buddies.
10-03-2007 13:25 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

quote:
Out of curiosity are you the one who ended up with the Elvis outfit from "Joseph and the Amazing Tech. Dreamcoat"? He told me he gave it to one of his Medicine Crow buddies.

Not me.

Yeah Andy was actually very prolific. I'm guessing his Dad or his mother has his old tapes but I can remember one Summer when he made like 4 albums/tapes with about 10-15 songs on each. He'd always design his own album cover. Usually with a cursive AS on the front and one of his high school pictures.

I always liked the Drama in "catch a bus". His fellow Swahili Monkey Brother was Russel I think? Haven't seen him since the funeral. Sure do miss Andy. Andy always had a way to comfort people and put a positive spin on any troubling situation.

10-03-2007 14:17 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

jamespop-Andy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Andy's song - I was Walking

Dude I think I have that More to love song somewhere but didn't find it. I need to get it. I think his parents sang it at his wedding or maybe his younger brother's wedding. This song he was practicing at his house told me to follow along. That's where you here the crudeness. But hey raw sound!

10-04-2007 18:06 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » We Are Recabites!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH