Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 13 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update? 5 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.205 Votes - Average Rating: 8.20
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm guessing that ARena Rock was able to pay whatever they wanted.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-12-2007 18:00 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
SafetyNet
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 11-29-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Will Terry and the guys get a share of the profits I hope?

It would be a crime to not to!

While the angels brushed her hair

"but that's how it has to end
On this side of glory...
10-12-2007 18:06 SafetyNet is offline Search for Posts by SafetyNet Add SafetyNet to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Take your time on the horrendous disc. DFBB should have top priority.

preach it, brother! Tongue

Pleased

Cool
10-12-2007 18:08 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

Wise investment Happy

10-12-2007 18:38 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
Take your time on the horrendous disc. DFBB should have top priority.

preach it, brother! Tongue

Pleased
Amen.

I've heard Horrendous Disk but DFBB has alluded me until now and it's killing me,

10-12-2007 20:01 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

I second the notion that the primary purpose of getting these reissues out is so that they can remain available for a longer period of time than, say, a limited edition of 1500. And while a HD without Larry's awkward tribute/spotlight-snatching is welcome, DFBB has been OOP a long time.

I guess you know which horse I'm betting on.
DwD
10-13-2007 08:13 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Maybe Larry Norman can do DFBB as a tribute album.

10-13-2007 09:42 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Steve, none of the songs on DFBB would possibly work as a lounge-act tune except, perhaps, Divine Instant which already has a lounge-act vibe. Perhaps Larry could rock it out.

What's next? Dogs and cats living in sin together? Mass hysteria!
10-13-2007 14:37 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

quote:

Pay whatever they wanted for what?
10-14-2007 01:32 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
Administrator

For the rights to release Darn Floor. It's been pursued at several different times over the last 7 years or so, and its always been a pretty large amount.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
10-14-2007 01:37 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

To clarify for the benefit of the viewers at home:

quote:
I'm guessing that ARena Rock was able to pay whatever they (KMG) wanted.
10-14-2007 03:14 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Thread Starter Thread Started by Myron

Sorry for my ignorance, I haven't been following the DFBB thread. So Arena Rock has bought the rights to DFBB and will be releasing it? Is this the same Arena Rock that is putting out an Anthology CD of Larry Norman for the secular market?
10-14-2007 19:22 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
Sorry for my ignorance, I haven't been following the DFBB thread. So Arena Rock has bought the rights to DFBB and will be releasing it? Is this the same Arena Rock that is putting out an Anthology CD of Larry Norman for the secular market?

Yes
10-15-2007 03:50 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Confused It seems like Larry just issued his own new CD version of HD........

"For the very first time, Horrendous Disc is being presented in its entirety on CD - with unreleased bonus tracks."

http://www.merchantmanager.com/phydeaux/MM003.ASP?pageno=27

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
10-24-2007 02:26 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Curly Curly is a male
Unsullied Affiche

images/avatars/avatar-293.jpg

Registration Date: 07-25-2007

Larry did a nice write up on the album. How close is it to the origional release?
Here is the write up.

For the very first time, Horrendous Disc is being presented in its entirety on CD - with unreleased bonus tracks.

What can be said about Horrendous Disc? Because of the hype and controversy it has possibly become Daniel Amos' most famous album. Because it has sold so well over the last 28 years it has probably reached its saturation point and every stock photo which could be included in the CD booklet has probably already been seen.

We have nothing to add to the thousands of words already written about Horrendous Disc by CCM Magazine, Daniel Amos and many other writers. We are hesitant to even try. The music certainly speaks for itself. So just listen to the music and enjoy this very unique album.

1. On The Line
2. Out Across The Sky
3. I Love You #19
4. Man In The Moon
5. The Hound Of Heaven
6. Never Leave You
7. Near Sighted Girl With Approaching Tidal Wave
8. I Believe In You
9. Horrendous Disc
10. Fairy Tale
11. After All These Years
12. That Girl Likes To Talk (Yak Yak Yak Yak)
13. Twilight Love
14. Noelle
15. Hello Aloha

10-24-2007 06:34 Curly is offline Search for Posts by Curly Add Curly to your Buddy List
Administrator

Interesting...

10-24-2007 08:31 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

hmmm..no cinema girl? Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jiminy: 10-24-2007 08:33.

10-24-2007 08:33 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Interesting...

So, let us know if Terry is gonna be able to do anything with HD or not.

The least Larry could do is cut you a deal on some CDs so you could sell them too?

Guess I'll keep on listening to my MP3s from LP now. Really don't sound too bad.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
10-24-2007 11:38 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy
hmmm..no cinema girl? Cool

Theres a lot that Larry left out of his line up.

No biggie.. easy solution - Buy the HD sessions collection from DA. Happy

10-24-2007 17:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

Oh, man. What's Larry up to? I wonder how the sound quality is...

10-24-2007 19:12 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Pages (18): « first ... « previous 9 10 [11] 12 13 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Ultimate Horrendous Disc Update?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH