Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Post your favorite live quotes from Terry & Friends! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Post your favorite live quotes from Terry & Friends!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Post your favorite live quotes from Terry & Friends! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Most of you have seen Terry, The Dogs, etc. at some time or another. There are always classic one-liners flying around at these shows. Post any that come to mind. Here's a few from me:

Phil Madeira (during an impromptu audience clap-along trainwreck): "Okay, white people... I think I can get through this without you." (The funniest part was, he seemed genuinely annoyed)

Mike Roe (while playing my wedding reception with The Dogs): "So, this is what we've been reduced to... playing weddings." (he said this repeatedly throughout the show)

Terry at Cornerstone 2000(?) (After a fan yelled for "Behind the Wall of Sleep") : "I hit the Wall of Sleep an hour ago, pal."

Mike to Gene (Dogs concert, Cornerstone '94?): "Man, that thing is ugly. Why don't you get a REAL guitar?"

Gene to Mike: "At least mine stays in tune."

Mike to Gene: "Talking Heads ripoff."

I know I'm forgetting a ton of other gems, but these were the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
11-01-2007 23:16 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Terry: "I'm feeling really 'Wang Chung' tonight."

11-02-2007 07:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Phil Maderia: "I had to be a 'Larry Norman' but can we do something about the delay on the vocal?"

11-02-2007 07:38 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

Terry and Mike at my house
Terry to Mike eating a Twinkie: You know what goes good with Twinkies? Beer
Mike: No, really? Sounds disgusting. (Takes a sip as everyone moans) Ah, a true taste treat!! It's just like college.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by sprinklerhead: 11-02-2007 07:43.

11-02-2007 07:42 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

The only one of the bands I have ever seen live is the 77s, and it was in an "intimate" space with a 7-foot drop ceiling because noise complaints from the people who lived around the festival ground had, after 3 days, driven the festival indoors for the big headline act (77s). I could barely understand a thing Mike said because the sound was so bad. But I've heard a couple of good quotes from others attributed to Terry.

In the pre-Alarma days, a guy I met in California was with the band at someone's house. One of the band members had taken a nap and emerged from the room still looking very tired. Terry called out "Go back, Lazarus. Go back."

Someone reported more recently a comment Terry made to the audience: "Some of you look like you fell in a tackle box."
11-02-2007 09:00 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Drtuddle
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-509.jpg

Registration Date: 03-27-2002

2000 Cornerstone after audience members did their version of "I Love you number 19" And the crowd went crazy. Terry says "What they get a standing ovation?!"

11-02-2007 09:59 Drtuddle is offline Send an Email to Drtuddle Homepage of Drtuddle Search for Posts by Drtuddle Add Drtuddle to your Buddy List
Kit
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 11-30-2003

At a Mike Roe solo show before playing "Shotgun Angel"...

Mike: When it came time to pick a Daniel Amos song to cover, we figured it was best to choose the song that sucked least.......now I don't want to hear this get back to Terry, ok?

*those weren't his exact words but I'm sure you get the gist...

11-03-2007 12:07 Kit is offline Send an Email to Kit Search for Posts by Kit Add Kit to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kit: Nakedprey77
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-652.jpg

Registration Date: 03-09-2007

At Cornerstone, Randy Stonehill came up to a few of us filming from the soundboard platform and said,

"I really prefer you guys not film any of my performance".

11-04-2007 11:50 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Never saw them live, but you have to love Terry's banter on the "Motor Cycle Tracks" interview.

Dr. Shore - Can we touch on some themes on "Motor Cycle"?

Terry - You want me to touch on them?!
11-04-2007 11:58 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
James
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by James

quote:
Originally posted by ladrtrk55
At Cornerstone, Randy Stonehill came up to a few of us filming from the soundboard platform and said,

Hilarious! So, can I get a copy of the show?
11-04-2007 23:16 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! a few GooD oNeS HeRe Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Favorite BBQ Quote

11-05-2007 11:45 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

I was a bit taken a-back, with his tight jeans and cowboy boots. I smiled and said, "no problem Randy, I'm here for DA and the Eddies, I didn't know you wuz gonna be here too and I don't have another tape anyways".

I was accosted by Roger Martinez in the same way, but I had to change my shorts that time.

11-05-2007 12:50 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by James

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was a bit taken a-back, with his tight jeans and cowboy boots. I smiled and said, "no problem Randy, I'm here for DA and the Eddies, I didn't know you wuz gonna be here too and I don't have another tape anyways".

I was accosted by Roger Martinez in the same way, but I had to change my shorts that time.

Haha! What did Roger say to you?
11-05-2007 15:15 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
ladrtrk55
Luteous Llama

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Haha! What did Roger say to you?

I'd asked him before the show if I could tape it. He said no, that his label contracts wouldn't allow it.
Anyways, once they started playing, I was completely blown away at their stage presence and when Roger started preaching, I thought that would be OK to record. That and a song or 2. I wasn't a Vengeance fan, but the kids we'd brought were and for sure they had unsaved friends who really needed to see that cool guys preach too.
No sooner had the show ended and the lights came up, Roger made a bee-line off the stage for me.
He proceded to read me the riot act and demanded I surrender the tape. Not a problem, as I felt 2" tall. I had no doubt he would have shoved the tape where sun has never shown had I resisted.
The portion of the preaching was later used, without credit or compensation, in his concert video. Also, he later returned my tape with all but the preaching erased.
Interesting, because not 6 months later, he had no problem with nearly 1/2 the audience at the Cornerstone show taping.

I thank God Terry is much more mellow than Roger Roll Eyes har har

11-06-2007 08:59 ladrtrk55 is offline Search for Posts by ladrtrk55 Add ladrtrk55 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

"You're not gonna understand all the words either, but that's real rock-n-roll."

Terry Taylor

11-06-2007 10:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I know it's only rock n roll but I like it, love it, yes i do! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
11-08-2007 14:39 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Post your favorite live quotes from Terry & Friends!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH