Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » best Lost Dogs album??? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page best Lost Dogs album??? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i can't pick!!!!!!

i love them all....

lovely man is AMAZING... that should've been a country hit......

as should if you loved here........

i dunno......

i'm a loser.... eleanor...... LRRH is good!

angus shane...... another great tune.....

but i might go with gift horse

colorblind......... nice to see you here!

don't diss the new guy people.... he's ok...... i promise!! Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

03-13-2008 21:47 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Green Room Serenade Part One is my favorite.

03-13-2008 22:03 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

For me, it's Little Red Riding Hood. That was my introduction to the band, so that may have something to do with it, but that album is just magical. I love the variety on that one. It's so diverse, it's like taking a cool sonic journey every time I listen to it. More importantly, that's the album that prompted me to check out each of the guys' respective bands. It'll always hold a special place in my heart.

I'd also like to mention Gift Horse. That album is brilliant and features some of the band's strongest songs. Also, being Gene's last hurrah, it's an album that's very dear to me.
03-13-2008 23:24 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind

Thanks larryl!
This place might be my new second home (as opposed to the cranky VBM boards)...
Northern is my other hang out.

03-13-2008 23:30 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I'm with Dennis, "Mexico" is a brilliant song.

03-14-2008 12:17 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

ok to rephrase..

Brilliant variety LRRH
Full of Heart- I means FULL - RMC and NCT
Tight all through GRS and GH
(though variety fits here also)

ID/LC/Mutt/..they r what they r
( I likes em all for that very reason)

I've yet to hear the bits and pieces....

the best debut ? Big Grin

( I mean really -when Scenic Routes hit- it was like- DUDES- this is a swing!- from DA/AA/77z? Choir..to THIS?????) - and they've (well ID excluded) stayed with that basic formula..

Traditionally new sounding old time new stuff sort of in a way with exceptions...right?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-14-2008 12:57 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

oh and Colorblind....
nice thread starter you be- young apprentice.

you arent afraid of talking bugs are you??
Cool

03-14-2008 12:58 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Strange Animal
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-456.jpg

Registration Date: 04-19-2002

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Fan
quote:
Originally posted by dennis
quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

-Mikes Lovely Man is (IMHO) one of his best Dog contributions of all..

I do enjoy this one a lot. Cool

Love the "Paste" version! Big Grin Pleased

does the paste version actually have "right by dam-n" on it instead of "yes I am"?

yes, yes it does... Pleased

bobd

03-14-2008 13:04 Strange Animal is offline Search for Posts by Strange Animal Add Strange Animal to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Jiminy...I'm a big boy...and I'm not afraid of the DA die-hards! Wink
It's good to be here. I like this board.

03-14-2008 15:12 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Geeez... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

As much as I'm enjoying reading this thread, it's hard as h-e-double-hockey-sticks to answer!

I loved the 1st three albums - those "lets-fill-the disc-up-with-as-much-music-as-possible" albums. There was a wideness and variety to those that was just fun. If I had to choose - I would probably rank them as:
1. GRS
2. LRRH
3. SR
However, just understand that there is very little space between those ratings.

Then came the "second phase" of the dogs - more unified in musical direction (within each individual album), primary songwriting done by Terry. At first, I have to admit that I felt a bit "cheated" by Gift Horse - it was too short. However, there are several tracks on that album that have helped me through some rough spots "Diamonds to Coal", "Blessing in Disguise", "Loved and Forgiven", even the traditional "Farther Along".

Of the "second phase" albums, that one is probably contending with "Lost Cabin" for top spot (with the others in close following).

"Island Dreams" is its own special little album. It's fun to listen to and (as I posted somewhere else) it's the kitschy kind of cool that would fit on a Quentin Tarrantino soundtrack.
03-14-2008 15:37 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

I would just like to add that "Rebecca Go Home" is one of the finest songs in the Lost Dogs catalog. (Still like LRRH a bit more than GH, though)

That is all. Red Face
03-14-2008 16:19 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
digger digger is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-497.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2007
Location: " I caught sight of you and your beauty broke my heart" TST Bobcaygeon,Ont, Canada

best lost dogs album Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

For me it has to be Gift Horse, I never tire of it.
Lost Cabin is special because I got to hear the songs live first.

03-14-2008 17:29 digger is offline Send an Email to digger Search for Posts by digger Add digger to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for digger
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
quote:
quote:

does the paste version actually have "right by dam-n" on it instead of "yes I am"?

unless i missed something, they don't have it anymore. Frown

i didn't know they actually made an "uncurdled" version of that one too Mad

Dr Love should make a download of it for the adventurous

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
03-14-2008 22:52 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Strange Animal
quote:
quote:
quote:

unless i missed something, they don't have it anymore. Frown

i didn't know they actually made an "uncurdled" version of that one too Mad

Dr Love should make a download of it for the adventurous

Maybe you could find the CD for that issue of the magazine on ebay? Confused

03-14-2008 23:02 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Up! I'm sure you haver seen this, but it's worth posting the link, one more time! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
I'm with Dennis, "Mexico" is a brilliant song.

Mexico - Lost Dogs

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dennis: 03-14-2008 23:06.

03-14-2008 23:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

well - I think Amber Waves Goodbye is also in the top as far as statement-originality and pathos

03-14-2008 23:07 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Does anyone know where one can obtain a copy of Scenic Routes on CD???
I'm trying to track one down to no avail.
I used to have it, but I think lent it to a friend who up and left town!! Crying

03-15-2008 13:45 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll...utes&category0=

03-15-2008 14:20 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Thanks for the link!

03-15-2008 15:41 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Looks like around 50 bucks is the going median...
03-15-2008 16:05 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » best Lost Dogs album???

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH