Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » music you think Terry is listening to! » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page music you think Terry is listening to!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

music you think Terry is listening to! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

hmmm.

neon horse | s/t
sufjan stevens | seven swans
the lassie foundation | pacifico
johnny cash | american iv: the man comes around

...you try...

04-02-2008 16:47 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

THe only things I can attest to that I heard Terry has mentioned listening to are:

Johnny Cash (right on!)
and the Flaming Lips.

THe onlyTV Show he mentioned by name having enjoyed is the Sopranos
(I assume edited for "Christian" viewing..... Pleased )

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-02-2008 17:06 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know he has talked about liking Wilco and The Flaming Lips.

04-02-2008 17:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jiminy

THe onlyTV Show he mentioned by name having enjoyed is the Sopranos
(I assume edited for "Christian" viewing..... Pleased )

Right! Tongue

04-02-2008 17:14 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Tongue Tongue

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-02-2008 18:41 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Umm... part of me thinks this particular thread is kinda creepy...

Having said that, I would imagine he's listened to Plant/Krauss "Raising Sand".
04-02-2008 18:49 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Once during an online Q&A someone (wonder who, hmmm?) asked what was in the CD player right then, and the response was "Nat Cole".

Cool
04-02-2008 19:40 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Tom Waits
John Lennon
Leonard Cohen
The Beach Boys
04-02-2008 20:24 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Umm... part of me thinks this particular thread is kinda creepy...

Mr. Chairman: Now, I got a letter from Mr. Belvedere's publicist. It seems somebody has been killing his housepets again. Now, I'm not gonna ask which one of you is doing it, but I do think we need to do our exercises.

Comic: What exercise?

Phil: The exercise that helps keep the line between reality and fantasy a little less blurry. You'll see.

Mr. Chairman: Okay, who wants to start?

Cheryl: Okay. I should want to shake hands with Mr. Belvedere, I shouldn't want to grab a lock of his hair.

Mr. Chairman: That's good, Cheryl. And, even though it would be really neat to have a lock of his hair, we know that's not right. Someone else?

Mike: Yeah. Okay. I should want to send him a fan letter telling him how good he was in the episode where he teaches everyone how to cook, but I shouldn't want to type the letter on a death certificate.

Mr. Chairman: Yes! But, then, you learned that one the hard way, huh?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-03-2008 16:29.

04-02-2008 20:24 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Awhile back he was listening to Queens Of The Stoneage.

04-02-2008 20:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Well the thread is interesting in that its probably where he draws 'artistic' influence as opposed to theological and philosophical inspiration. I remember him saying that about the Flaming Lips, he likes the sound. I know all of the Lost Dogs got together to watch the Beatles Anthology when it was on TV.

Some of the artists he has an affinity for are listed on his myspace page;

Among his many heroes are Zorro, The Cure, Anne Lamott, The Ramones, T.S. Eliot, Willie Nelson, Larry David, Pancho Villa, Echo and the Bunneymen, Leonard Cohen, Brian Regan, JFK, Roger Maguine, The Kinks, Sitting Bull, Bob Dylan, both Elvises, Sandy Koufax, Martin Luther King Jr., Social Distortion, C. Philip Hoffman, Dennis Miller, Jon Stewart, Frederich Beuchner, Johnny Depp, Flannery O'Conner, Neil Young, Brian Wilson, C.S. Lewis, Rosa Parks, Wilco, Saint Paul, Phil Hendrie, Muhammad Ali, The Cohen Brothers, The Salvation Army, Emmylou Harris, David Mamet, Blaise Pascal, Jackie Robinson, Johnny Cash, Rembrandt, Modest Mouse, John Lennon, Aslan, Teenage Fanclub, Billy Graham, Vincent Van Gogh, the Founding Fathers, and that Latino guy who clerks over at the liquor store.

04-02-2008 21:34 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

He mentioned liking that "Hey Ya" song by Outkast once.

04-02-2008 22:12 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind

I wasn't trying to be "creepy"...but maybe I'll down in damb history as the creepy taylor fan!
Just playing around and having fun with it.
I think he likes Sigur Ros, too. Marc Byrd has a connection with them because of his band Hammock...and I seem to remember Taylor commenting on the new Sigur Ros double EP somewhere...

04-03-2008 01:38 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
SnowMan SnowMan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-10-2006

I know for a fact he thinks Wilco is brilliant and that he has a copy of the double DVD thingy. I tried to get into Wilco for sake of friendship with T. and JT but just didn't get them for some reason.

I know that one of his fave all time bands is Crowded House.

The first time T. picked me up in SoCal (he about kicked my burro for not waiting for him at John Wayne...lol) he had his car radio tuned into an oldies station, turned down low, playing stuff like the Association and Carol King.

I know that Roe gives Christmas in the Girage a spin once each year. LOL

04-03-2008 01:58 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
I wasn't trying to be "creepy"...but maybe I'll down in damb history as the creepy taylor fan!
I think he likes Sigur Ros, too. Marc Byrd has a connection with them because of his band Hammock...and I seem to remember Taylor commenting on the new Sigur Ros double EP somewhere...

No worries, I was joking. If I thought it was really out-of-line, I wouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon immediately. Just because I think milk in coffee is fine but half-and-half users are clearly backsliding devil-seekers doesn't mean a thing in Beijing to a coal miner... What? Uh...

For the next list, we should debate what Berger's listening to.
04-03-2008 05:55 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by colorblind

No worries, I was joking. If I thought it was really out-of-line, I wouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon immediately. Just because I think milk in coffee is fine but half-and-half users are clearly backsliding devil-seekers doesn't mean a thing in Beijing to a coal miner... What? Uh...

For the next list, we should debate what Berger's listening to.

half-and-half....

04-03-2008 06:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

I think Terry listens to his own stuff

04-03-2008 13:43 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Jevon the Tall
I think Terry listens to his own stuff

I hope that's true. Pleased

04-03-2008 16:30 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I wonder if Terry listened to this...

Get down on it!!
04-03-2008 16:52 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

quote:
I wonder if Terry listened to this...

Get down on it!!

Shocked

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-03-2008 17:20.

04-03-2008 17:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » music you think Terry is listening to!

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH