Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » producing Daniel Amos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page producing Daniel Amos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
colorblind colorblind is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-05-2008

producing Daniel Amos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

If Terry & Co were to bring in an outside producer to record a new album, who would you like to see working with them?
Some interesting choices might be:

T-Bone Burnett
Richard Swift
Nigel Rodrich
Ed Rose

04-05-2008 22:56 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

first off i doubt that would happen.

secondly,
george martin
daniel lanois
don was
tom dowd (rip)
jeff lynne

04-06-2008 01:28 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
SnowMan SnowMan is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 09-10-2006

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

What Wes said. Terry has made his living producing. He trusts his own instincts implicitly.

He does, however, respect other people of huge accomplishment. It would be under such circumstance that he would entrust his own art to somebody else.

George Martin, perhaps.

04-06-2008 06:08 SnowMan is offline Homepage of SnowMan Search for Posts by SnowMan Add SnowMan to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Thread Starter Thread Started by colorblind

Of course it's unlikely for anyone other than Terry to produce his work.
If we're talking about real likelyhood, then I'd have to go with these names as outside producers:

Jason Martin
Steve Hindalong
Andy Prickett

04-06-2008 08:19 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

no ones mentioning Phil Spector...

a studio and a gun dont go hand in hand to well I guess.

A T Bone produced LD record could be the ticket.

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-06-2008 10:29 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Hildibrand does produce the LD stuff now doesnt he?

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
04-06-2008 10:30 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

george martin
jeff lynne
jack frost

04-06-2008 12:33 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

i think hindalong would be one of the few people he would trust with such a thing.... along with derri, of course.

outside that..... maybe chris colbert..... at one point, i thought he was the heir apparent to gene's legacy, though he seems to have gotten away from the studio at this point.

prickett would be cool, and i know terry knows and trusts andy......

jason martin..... cool idea.... just because he's so different from terry. i know he respects terry's production, so it would be a cool collaboration. it brings to mind jack white producing loretta lynn... and that album was fantastic....

i vote for wes berlin Big Grin

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-07-2008 07:48 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Well, I vote for me, MarkyMark. Terry needs to get in touch with the youth culture, and make music with a more hip-hop tinge. I can make that happen. I'll take time off of my movie career for Terry. And Terry needs more dancers in his videos. I didn't see one dancer in the DVD "Construction With Flem" or whatever that thing was called. That's why DA has never been as big as The Funky Bunch, and probably never will be, unless you let me produce your next record!!!!!! Big Grin

Seriously, though, I like the Jason Martin idea.

04-07-2008 09:50 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

The "Live In Anaheim" DVD had dancers! Pleased

04-07-2008 17:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
The "Live In Anaheim" DVD had dancers! Pleased

I'm still waiting for my DVD to arrive, but I doubt they are attractive dancers. Tongue

04-07-2008 17:19 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by larryl
jason martin..... cool idea.... just because he's so different from terry. i know he respects terry's production, so it would be a cool collaboration

What did you think of "The Starter Set" demos that Jason and Terry did?

04-07-2008 17:22 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
jason martin..... cool idea.... just because he's so different from terry. i know he respects terry's production, so it would be a cool collaboration

From da news Sun, 1 Sep 2002.

"Random Acts and Hodgepodge" features material penned
by Taylor and unavailable anywhere else! Of particular
interest are the "Starter Set" demos written, recorded
by Terry Scott Taylor and Starflyer 59's Jason Martin

04-07-2008 17:23 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:
quote:

04-07-2008 17:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

if i had those, i would comment. Red Face

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-07-2008 17:51 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

a Charlie Peacock produced record might be cool...
Or if DA decided to make a new-wave throwback record...they could enlist Ronnie Martin...!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by colorblind: 04-07-2008 18:15.

04-07-2008 18:12 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Are the "starter set demos" a part of the When Everyone Wore Hats bookset?
Please say yes (because I have this one coming to me, along with A LOT of other stuff...

04-07-2008 18:15 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Let's flip this script a little bit. Back in the 90s, Terry was doing a lot of production. Not so much lately. Who would you like to see Terry produce (and who REALLY needs help in that department)?
04-07-2008 18:31 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by colorblind
Are the "starter set demos" a part of the When Everyone Wore Hats bookset?

quote:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dr Rich: 04-07-2008 18:33.

04-07-2008 18:31 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mind Peach

Okay...got it!!! I missed that the first time around.

Terry could produce:

Frank Lenz
The Lassie Foundation
Wilco

04-07-2008 18:36 colorblind is offline Search for Posts by colorblind Add colorblind to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » producing Daniel Amos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH