Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » producing Daniel Amos » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page producing Daniel Amos
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
Terry needs to get in touch with the youth culture, and make music with a more hip-hop tinge.

The Rap'sures projects didn't satisfy that itch, hmmm?
04-07-2008 18:52 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
Let's flip this script a little bit. Back in the 90s, Terry was doing a lot of production. Not so much lately. Who would you like to see Terry produce (and who REALLY needs help in that department)?

Tongue Tongue Tongue
04-07-2008 18:54 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

I'm sure the Starter Set stuff will be available again in one form or another. Thats the kind of stuff we're considering to raise funds for a potential DA record. It wouldn't be entirely things that were available before - but we figure we might as well make some of that available again.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-07-2008 19:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
I'm sure the Starter Set stuff will be available again in one form or another. Thats the kind of stuff we're considering to raise funds for a potential DA record. It wouldn't be entirely things that were available before - but we figure we might as well make some of that available again.

Sweet! Pleased

04-07-2008 19:51 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
The Rap'sures projects didn't satisfy that itch, hmmm?

Well, sure, but it was no Funky Bunch record!!!!!

04-07-2008 20:23 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
jyroflux jyroflux is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-597.jpg

Registration Date: 02-23-2007

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:
Let's flip this script a little bit. Back in the 90s, Terry was doing a lot of production. Not so much lately. Who would you like to see Terry produce (and who REALLY needs help in that department)?

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Yea, but could Terry match this high level of achievement:

Oh, and I totally missed out on the Rap'sures. Did I miss anything? Tongue

04-07-2008 20:32 jyroflux is offline Send an Email to jyroflux Search for Posts by jyroflux Add jyroflux to your Buddy List
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

Who should produce DA... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I never got the Rap'sures but always thought of them as a spoof on Rap? If I'm wrong let me know.
I think it would be cool to see Jeff Tweedy produce DA, or the LD. yea that would be cool.
04-07-2008 20:38 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:

nope.

i have no idea how it came about but it seems like it was about a paycheck more than it was about art. like mike roe once said "i could laugh, but it's not funny".

but that's just one persons opinion.

04-07-2008 20:48 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

quote:
Originally posted by jyroflux
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich
The "Live In Anaheim" DVD had dancers! Pleased

I'm still waiting for my DVD to arrive, but I doubt they are attractive dancers. Tongue

I think I asked who they were once, but didn't get an answer. I was assuming they were wives or girlfriends or someone similarly connected to the band.

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-07-2008 22:34 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
quote:

nope.

i have no idea how it came about but it seems like it was about a paycheck more than it was about art. like mike roe once said "i could laugh, but it's not funny".

but that's just one persons opinion.

I suspect the first one was a "Farm Beetles"-type spoof which somehow got a general public release, to a credulous audience who recieved it without any irony whatsoever (remember, there were maybe only one or two other Christian "crap" products available at that time). So the success of the first led to demand for a follow-up, which was marketed as a "kids" product.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 04-08-2008 07:53.

04-07-2008 23:47 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Matt K Matt K is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 05-03-2002

stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

OT Rap..... OT Rap... Old Testament Rap....
That record is hilarious.

The starter set demos were very interesting. The music was very Jason Martin (prayer warrior particuliarly) and with Terry singing, it was quite the mix.

I have often wondered what the purpose of those demos were... was it an attempt to collaborate on a full blown record, or to simply shop the songs around to other artists?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Matt K: 04-08-2008 07:28.

04-08-2008 07:27 Matt K is offline Send an Email to Matt K Homepage of Matt K Search for Posts by Matt K Add Matt K to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Matt K: xxthundrrblt67xx YIM Account Name of Matt K: scrapbrain_409
Ceremonial Kernel

Hmm - looking at my post above:

It seems the language filter automatically renders the word ".rap" as crap.

Just wanted the crap lovers out there to know - I didn't write it that way.

Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wakachiwaka: 04-08-2008 07:58.

04-08-2008 07:57 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
Just wanted the crap lovers out there to know - I didn't write it that way.

Sure you didn't.

Tongue

04-08-2008 10:06 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

i guess they need to update it so 'rapsures will be crapsures too? Tongue Big Grin

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
04-08-2008 15:25 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
bereal bereal is a female
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-443.jpg

Registration Date: 03-08-2004
Location: "I still love Jesus, I'm just afraid of His followers." DwDunphy

Big Grin

.rap, crap, same difference, imho. Tongue

Holy God break me, Holy Lord take me
Lay your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently
Your crushing hand, Your mighty hand, On me gently

Smile
04-08-2008 15:25 bereal is offline Homepage of bereal Search for Posts by bereal Add bereal to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Speaking of which...

04-08-2008 16:53 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Carman
Tuxedo-clad Megastar

Registration Date: 04-12-2002

Mad Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka
quote:

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Roll Eyes

04-08-2008 18:05 Carman is offline Send an Email to Carman Homepage of Carman Search for Posts by Carman Add Carman to your Buddy List
voxrob
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-02-2003

RE: producing Daniel Amos Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Outside producer -- oh, one of the obvious ones was missed:

Brian Wilson

and then.. to reciprocate, Terry would produce a Brian Wilson album. I like that plan.
04-08-2008 18:05 voxrob is offline Send an Email to voxrob Search for Posts by voxrob Add voxrob to your Buddy List
larryl larryl is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-505.jpg

Registration Date: 08-25-2003

aaron sprinkle would be a cool choice, as well.

2 "Meaningless! Meaningless!" says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless."

04-09-2008 11:12 larryl is offline Send an Email to larryl Search for Posts by larryl Add larryl to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

RE: stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Matt K
The starter set demos were very interesting. The music was very Jason Martin (prayer warrior particuliarly) and with Terry singing, it was quite the mix.

I have often wondered what the purpose of those demos were... was it an attempt to collaborate on a full blown record, or to simply shop the songs around to other artists?

It would have been nice to see a full "starter set" album.

04-09-2008 17:07 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » producing Daniel Amos

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH