Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top 5 Daniel Amos Albums » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Top 5 Daniel Amos Albums
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ritchie_az
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
does he even have 5??

Yep, but just five.

Six if you count Imaginarium: Songs from the Neverhood.

07-21-2008 14:39 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
OK - Now this - Top 5 TST solo projects.

1 - Avocado Faultline
2 - Knowledge & Innocence
3 - A Briefing for the Ascent
4 - LITTLE, big
5 - John Wayne

I guess. They are all good, but in their own (sometimes much different) ways.

No way, John Wayne @ 5? Incomprehensible.

07-21-2008 15:24 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
No way, John Wayne @ 5? Incomprehensible.

Yeah, that was tough to type. It's like trying to pick a favorite flavor of ice cream at Cold Stone--they are all very good.
John Wayne could just as easily be #1, and, depending on my mood, it probably will be soon.

07-21-2008 15:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

tsts

K and I
AF
John Wayne
BFTA
Mouse Christmas

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-21-2008 15:55 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

tst

knowledge and innocence

john wayne

little big

briefing for the ascent

dr. edward daniel taylor - prickly heat radio players

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wes berlin: 07-21-2008 16:02.

07-21-2008 16:01 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Mouse Christmas

What's this? Confused
quote:
dr. edward daniel taylor - prickly heat radio players

I didn't think of this album.

07-21-2008 16:23 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Tst Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

1. BftA - grew on me with each play. Continues to speak to my heart in deep ways. I can't say enough about this recording. I just wish they had left in the transitions - on the cassette, removed from the CD.
2. K&I - good, but wore on me eventually.
3. JW - a few awesome songs, the rest fly-over (blasphemy...)
4. lB - really like Rob's touches, but it's just EP length.
5. AF - my wife's fav; a little too country for me, least played.

07-21-2008 18:42 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jon eddies jon eddies is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 10-29-2007

favorite DA/TT records Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DA
1) MBD-Just so great I can't even explain. It's the culmination if you ask me
2) VH-My first experience, just so fun, and so deep at the same time
3) Kalhoun-Song for Song just a great record, and Kalhoun may be one of the best Rock n Roll song's ever written. Loud, agressive, cryptic
4) DFBB-great, innovative, truly one of a kind across all of recorded music, but sometimes hard for me to listen to. I don't know why
5) SA-I don't know why, it's just soooo cool. Half great country better than the Eagles could do it and half Bealtes, apocolyptic, amazing pop
Tied for 5 is MC-I love this one a lot too, but it is almost too dense to absorb on a regular basis. Amasterpiece all the same.

Terry(I honestly only have 3 plus a few tunes here and there but of those here goes)
1) AF- Just timeless songs. Touching, funny, everything
2) John Wayne-Some really great tunes but I have to be in the right mood to listen to it
3) Ruckus at the edge of Nowhere- a truly great live CD, a veritable tour de Terry/DA/ SE but almost too polished. If DA were doing it it would have more of a gut level spontaneous feel.

There you go IMHO
07-21-2008 23:57 jon eddies is offline Send an Email to jon eddies Search for Posts by jon eddies Add jon eddies to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Ruckus Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was there when they recorded it at C-Stone. It was an awesome concert. Seems strange, but my wife likes the concerts more than the music - she thinks the guys are talented, witty, and a lot of fun.

Although it's Terry & Friends performing, I don't usually think about it as a TST recording, because it's live, and there are DA/SE songs. Not to downplay it in the least - I highly recommend it. Thankfully this is one M8 didn't screw up too badly...

07-22-2008 08:00 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

quote:
[QUOTE]Mouse Christmas

What's this? Confused
[QUOTE]

1988 its in the discography under "other/video childrens projects"

actually titled A Mouse FAmily Christmas
just a fun thing if you have kiddles (and I got kiddles!!!!)
we try to play it every season.
Cool

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
07-22-2008 11:21 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

Thumb Up! linked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
A Mouse Family Christmas

What's this? Confused

07-22-2008 12:23 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
actually titled A Mouse FAmily Christmas

I don't suppose it's easy to find a copy of this. Any chance of a reissue? I have a child who just might enjoy this over the coming years.

07-22-2008 13:31 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

It's in the webstore Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A reissue is in the webstore under 'various'

07-22-2008 13:47 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007

Very hard for me to say why, but...

1. Darn Floor Big Bite--by a country mile. Sounds like nothing else I've heard. But when I think of the DA sound, this is the one I think of. And I love every song.

2. Mister B's Dream--exquisite.

3. Vox Humana: Boy would I love to hear this one minus the production--though, of course, the canned sound and drum machines support the album's themes. Sounds SO 1984. But this is my favorite collection of DA tunes.

4. Songs of the Heart: Not my favorite collection of songs, but I absolutely love taking this journey.

5. Doppelganger: For some reason the dated sound sounds cool to me on this one. When this came out I remember listening to Angels Tuck You in about 500 times in a row. My college roomate loved it too, though he didn't read any sarcasm into it and took it straight.

Oh, geez. I like 'em all.
07-24-2008 09:23 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Maybe I have the "Wrong George" but did you have post as "Will" in the past?

I remember a similar story involving the old college roommate who listened to Angels Tuck You In as a kind of "bedtime prayer."

07-24-2008 20:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

1. Darn Floor- Big Bite. "an exercise in discovery a moody, magnificent album which defies easy description. Each listening brings new insights, impressions building up like the coats of lacquer on a Japanese jewel-box."
~Harvest Rock Syndicate Mark Eischer.
No one forgets their first! Big Grin

2.) The Alarma Chronicles. "It would be inaccurate to say that Daniel Amos is on the cutting edge of Contemporary Christian music. THe group is far ahead, preparing the way for the knife." CCM Magazine April 1981.

3) Bibleland. "After the smoothness of Motorcycle, to hear Bibleland is somewhat jarring. It's not just the music, either. The lyrics reflect the rawness and roughness of the music, or vice versa. A few songs are barely listenable to me, including the title cut." posted by John Foxe.
Oh yeah, I loved this one right away! Big Grin

4) Mr Buechner's Dream. "Sounds like … a cornucopia of classic rock sounds: The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Clash, The Wallflowers, and Starflyer 59 to name a few.
At a Glance … this is quite possibly the best work from Terry Scott Taylor and the band, highlighted by strong alternative classic rock and superbly crafted songs. "
This is the one indeed.

5) MotorCycle. "Though the group's Beatles/Beach Boys/Mersey Beat roots were never completely hidden, D.A. hasn't worn its '60's influences so plainly on its sleeve since 1980's Horrendous Disc." by Bruce A. Brown
Psychedelic and litigurical, MotorCycle is dense, rich, wonderful.

07-25-2008 06:17 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

Oh look, now I'm over here!

Here's my top 5:

1) gk
2) gkk!
3) ggxk xk!!
4) GGcxxxkkx!!!
5)GGGGGXCCKXKCKK!!!!!!
5 1/2) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhaaahahahahaahahahagggggxcck!!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Berger Roy Al: 07-25-2008 17:41.

07-25-2008 17:40 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Ceremonial Kernel

Berger Roy Al, I think you might just be insane! I'm sure you think Husker Du is the most influential rock n’ roll group.

07-25-2008 17:43 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Berger Roy Al
Swirling Eddies

Registration Date: 02-14-2003

What? Of course not. The most influential would have to be the Mighty Clouds of Roy, Featuring Berger Roy Al and The Comb-overs. Duh.

07-25-2008 17:46 Berger Roy Al is offline Send an Email to Berger Roy Al Homepage of Berger Roy Al Search for Posts by Berger Roy Al Add Berger Roy Al to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Berger Roy Al: I_am_not_insane! YIM Account Name of Berger Roy Al: I_AM_not_insane! View the MSN Profile for Berger Roy Al
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
What? Of course not. The most influential would have to be the Mighty Clouds of Roy, Featuring Berger Roy Al and The Comb-overs. Duh.

I heard you wanted the Tuxedo Clad Megastar to be your vocalist, but he refused, saying, "Comb-overs? You need a full head of beautiful hair--like mine--to sell out an arena. Besides, that Berger guy, between you and me, is a few fries short of a happy meal."

That's what I heard, anyway.

07-25-2008 17:51 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Top 5 Daniel Amos Albums

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH