Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Lost Dogs on Route 66 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

White Castle, the oldest and the best! Cool

Keeping people running to the john since 1921! Pleased

08-23-2008 11:36 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i wish we would've gone to white castle when we were in minnesota.

ritchie_az mentioned del taco. i prefer del taco to taco hell....errrr bell. but like most of these places there's only a couple of things on their menu(s) that doesn't make me ill just thinking about them.

it's just the whole idea of frozen pre cooked food served via microwave or overcooked on a flame til it resembles a hockey puck is in no way an appetizing proposition.....to me. of course some it is can be hard to resist.

out here we have a small family owned place called taco lita (i think i took dennis there, i know theo went). taco lita is awesome!!!!! there's something about fresh food that bypasses microwaves and freezers. i guess that's why i love in-n-out.

08-23-2008 12:30 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Olvera St is the spot for great mexican food in LA. That's where my late-father-in-law learned to cook.

Across the way from Union Station
is our family's favorite stand
You can take a seat and eat and drink,
hear the mariachi bands
L.A.'s oldest road is a market place
run by charming and kind latinos
You'll ignore faint scents of sewage
once you've tasted them taquitos

There was that day the world
seemed brighter,
the hot green sauce a little hotter
(You know you've got a good batch
when your eyes begin to water)
And I believe God laughed along with our
surprise at happy feet
Papa stood straight up
and did a little dance
there on old Olvera Street

08-23-2008 12:39 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Olvera St is the spot for great mexican food in LA. That's where my late-father-in-law learned to cook.

it's pretty good but i am burned out on olvera st. i'd much rather walk up the street and go here Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by wes berlin: 08-23-2008 12:43.

08-23-2008 12:43 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
it's pretty good but i am burned out on olvera st. i'd much rather walk up the street and go here

That looks pretty good! Which sandwich do you recommend? Do you really live walking distance to Dodger stadium? (Because that would be pretty cool, unless it -sucks-)

Also, I noticed this on the DA.com lyrics page:

Amd jeavem knows I love that man
he's more than half of who I am
It's the thing I'm beginning
to understand

Who's "Amd Jeavem?" Sounds like a basketball player or something.

08-23-2008 12:49 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
it's pretty good but i am burned out on olvera st. i'd much rather walk up the street and go here

That looks pretty good! Which sandwich do you recommend? Do you really live walking distance to Dodger stadium? (Because that would be pretty cool, unless it -sucks-)

nah, i am about 15 miles from dodger stadium. but it seems that since terry wrote "pappa danced...." everyone who comes into town wants to go there. Big Grin i just wish he'd write a song about philippe's. Tongue

what to order? well for your first time it's all about the beef dip......well anytime really. it's all good.

08-23-2008 13:00 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Next time I'm out there I'll have to stop in for a beef dip sandwich. If I didn't live so far away, I'd go today! Big Grin

08-23-2008 13:15 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

well if you are coming to the santa monica pier show......we could see who's all going and have a burger bash.....errrr french dip bash before the show. so, who's in?

roll call time:

wes

08-23-2008 13:22 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
i wish we would've gone to white castle when we were in minnesota.

out here we have a small family owned place called taco lita (i think i took dennis there, i know theo went). taco lita is awesome!!!!! there's something about fresh food that bypasses microwaves and freezers. i guess that's why i love in-n-out.

Next time you come to minnesota, I am taking you to White Castle.
I am not sure if we went to taco lita.
I know we went to Leroy's! Cool

and of course we had some of this:

08-23-2008 13:29 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:

what to order? well for your first time it's all about the beef dip......well anytime really. it's all good.

He said "beef dip" heh heh heh heh.

08-23-2008 13:38 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
so, who's in?

I hope I'm in!

I'm waiting on a check to come. If it comes in time, I'll be there. If not, I'll be waiting for the DVD. Crying

08-23-2008 13:38 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Rich

and you know that the sauce isn't what it used to be. a lot of times it's watery and oh so mild. it used to be (and is still on occasion) thicker and more full of flavor.

it's still good though. Smile

08-23-2008 13:38 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
quote:

and you know that the sauce isn't what it used to be. a lot of times it's watery and oh so mild. it used to be (and is still on occasion) thicker and more full of flavor.

Yes it is.
Maybe Terry will write a song about Leroy's! Pleased
Give you a break! Wink

08-23-2008 13:44 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
well if you are coming to the santa monica pier show......we could see who's all going and have a burger bash.....errrr french dip bash before the show. so, who's in?

roll call time:

wes

I'm hoping to be there. I'm trying to schedule a business trip out there so that it is on the company. Maybe, I should add that to the prayer request thread.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
08-23-2008 15:43 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Speaking of french dip and things similar:

It's odd that hardly anybody out here in Cali knows what an Italian Beef sandwich is. The only one I've been able to find in the Valley is at QT Chicago Dogs (there's one in Sherman Oaks off Ventura Blvd on Woodman Avenue).
08-23-2008 15:53 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes it is.
Give you a break! Wink

i believe there will be leroy's in Heaven.... Pleased

Cool
08-23-2008 16:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka

It's odd that hardly anybody out here in Cali knows what an Italian Beef sandwich is. The only one I've been able to find in the Valley is at QT Chicago Dogs (there's one in Sherman Oaks off Ventura Blvd on Woodman Avenue).

I know the place. I used to live at Woodman & Magnolia in Sherman Oaks.

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
08-23-2008 19:03 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by sprinklerhead
quote:
Originally posted by wakachiwaka

I know the place. I used to live at Woodman & Magnolia in Sherman Oaks.

Yeah, I lived close to Riverside Drive halfway between Woodman and Coldwater Canyon - moved outta there two years ago to get a little closer to work, since I'm a slave to public transit.

Anyway, QT made a pretty good sammich - too bad there isn't one here in Glendale. Crying
08-23-2008 20:25 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes it is.
Give you a break! Wink

i believe there will be leroy's in Heaven.... Pleased

I do too! Cool

08-23-2008 20:26 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

Question non-FREE t-shirts Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Is there any way to spend appreciably less than $50 and get a non-FREE t-shirt, maybe in L instead of XL?

If so, is there any way to find out what it looks like first?

I'm not that interested in getting credits, but I would like to support the band some. Frown

Please? Smile

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
09-03-2008 14:38 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Pages (12): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » The Lost Dogs on Route 66

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH