Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 29 30 [31] 32 33 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary 8 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.008 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There is no Biblical reason for the need to send all your funds to Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor when you emply the term "miracle pocket." It is true for legal reasons. He copyrighted the term and sues anyone who uses it.

Regarding youth ministers being worse. I believe it is a misconception on your part. It is beleived that we just play games and have rapture drills and eat. This is all true. We also follow Jesus and minister among one segment of our society's least of these.

God bless!

By the way, my reason for recieving all of your money is to lift up the band and not to lift up myself or provide for myself. I just want Darn Floor Big Bite to hit number one as it deserves. You can help by giving me all of your money. Whoever gives the most will prove that they are the biggest DA fan ever. I want all contributions in unmarked bills.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
12-03-2008 20:36 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Theology question:

So is the greatest DA fan here the least DA fan in heaven? Is the least DA fan here the greatest DA fan in heaven?

(Matthew 11:11, Matthew 19:30, Matthew 20:16, Mark 9:35, Mark 10:31, Luke 9:48, Luke 13:30, and Luke 22:26 come to mind)

Does the person who listens to DFBB the most here listen to it the least in heaven?

Confused Confused Confused

12-03-2008 21:19 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
There is no Biblical reason for the need to send all your funds to Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor when you emply the term "miracle pocket." It is true for legal reasons. He copyrighted the term and sues anyone who uses it.

Hmmm...

Then you should all make your checks out to "Dr. Marky Mark's Glorious Coffers", just to avoid confusion and infringement.

And, don't ever give your money to a youth minister. Big Grin

BTW, I just spent the last year doing interim youth ministry. No rapture drills, but I did eat and played games involving already chewed bubblegum.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by MarkyMark77: 12-03-2008 21:23.

12-03-2008 21:22 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Theology question:

So is the greatest DA fan here the least DA fan in heaven? Is the least DA fan here the greatest DA fan in heaven?

big dork was the greatest Da fan and now he is not a fan at all.......
maybe he will be the greatest fan again in Heaven? Shocked
just a thought......... Big Grin

Cool
12-03-2008 22:44 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

depends on your theology of falling from grace on how you view that one!

12-03-2008 22:48 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Also it all depends on how you rate greatest.

12-04-2008 08:52 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Youth ministers- where have you gleaned today?

12-04-2008 08:56 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

Tried to play the bonus disc in my car today, it kept saying "error" and spitting it back out (I had no problems playing the first disc). When I got home, I tried it on my stereo and it played fine. Anyone else have trouble playing the second disc in their car?
12-04-2008 12:34 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori

Is it really cold where you live? Don't know if its the problem or not, but I know my car CD player will spit discs out when its really cold outside.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
12-04-2008 12:40 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Is it really cold where you live? Don't know if its the problem or not, but I know my car CD player will spit discs out when its really cold outside.

i've had that happen with brand new cds too........

Cool
12-04-2008 12:51 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I think my car CD play spits out John Cougar Mellowpants out, but I'm not certain because it is my car.

12-04-2008 12:57 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Why is he called yellowpants? Shocked

My car CD player has a tough time reading anything in the winter, I think the condensasion from the heat of using the player freezes up over the lense until it heats up again.

12-04-2008 15:18 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Maybe your car player has trouble recognizing hybrid discs (discs with data alongside the audio).
12-04-2008 15:47 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I have a hybrid car that spits out cd's from time-to-time. I know it's not from the cold (you know, because I'm in Arizona), and it's not the "hybrid cd" because most of them were not, and it's not brand new cd's because some of them were old. I'd say maybe 2% get "spit out" and if a cd gets rejected it will be accepted a few days later.

I think my car is just messing with me....

12-04-2008 16:51 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Do you leave discs in the player when the car is off? Even if weather is not an external factor, if you have certain power functions happening in your stereo (memory, presets, track memory) they will continue while the car is off. It's a minimal power usage and has little to no effect on the car battery, especially once you've started the car and the alternator kicks in, but it's still activity.

Try to make sure the stereo gets emptied before you turn off the car. It will give the internal electronics a chance to power down and memory to clear out. It should help. My DVD player at home is the same way, but I can't help it. Lately I fall asleep to whatever is playing at that time.
12-04-2008 17:00 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I think my car CD play spits out John Cougar Mellowpants out, but I'm not certain because it is my car.

Aw, ain't that America!
12-04-2008 17:01 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
PuP

images/avatars/avatar-657.gif

Registration Date: 07-09-2003
Location: The DAmb Home for Wayward Sons and Fragile Daughters

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve

Aw, ain't that America!

Perhaps a cherry bomb would fix the problem.

12-04-2008 22:26 PuP is offline Send an Email to PuP Homepage of PuP Search for Posts by PuP Add PuP to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for PuP
peawinkel peawinkel is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-357.jpg

Registration Date: 03-24-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Theology question:

(Matthew 11:11, Matthew 19:30, Matthew 20:16, Mark 9:35, Mark 10:31, Luke 9:48, Luke 13:30, and Luke 22:26 come to mind)

Does the person who listens to DFBB the most here listen to it the least in heaven?

Confused Confused Confused

I think we'll be experiencing music beyond our human comprehension. I'm looking forward to unfathomable goodies in Glory.
Cool

12-04-2008 23:26 peawinkel is offline Send an Email to peawinkel Homepage of peawinkel Search for Posts by peawinkel Add peawinkel to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Got the cd, listened to it for the first time last night (and I'm listening to it right now). I could try to describe it but I don't think I could ever succeed. Wow, it's wonderfully incredible! I feel like koko trying to sign the earthquake experience....
And I have to wonder how Terry and company were able to move forward after completing such a masterpiece. They could have said, "This is the zenith, now we'll find something else to do." (Thankfully, they didn't!)
The amazing thing to me is how fresh it still sounds. I mean, if I didn't know any better, I might think DA recorded this just this year. The album is unique musically and very deep lyrically, and there is still nothing really like it today. Maybe some have come close, but no cigar! How this sold less than 10,000 copies on it's first run is beyond me (hey, I was only seven years old, so you can't blame me).
Terry and Greg's genius was fully flowing (at a level perhaps not seen before or since), Tim (as always) was incredible and Ed, maybe the most underrated drummer ever, was great.
For anyone who has not yet purchased this album--maybe has never heard it--if you found a copy for $39.99 it would be worth every penny. So what's keeping you from forking over $17?

12-05-2008 08:25 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
James
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 01-09-2007

quote:
Originally posted by peawinkel

I think we'll be experiencing music beyond our human comprehension.

I've already had that experience when I listened to The Rapsures.
12-05-2008 08:30 James is offline Search for Posts by James Add James to your Buddy List
Pages (33): « first ... « previous 29 30 [31] 32 33 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » Daniel Amos - Darn Floor Big Bite 20th Anniversary

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH