Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » What's next? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What's next?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked RE: Here I am! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Yeah.
Posting with my phone glows with warmth.
Yeah.

i did that for a short time about 3 1/2 years ago........
then i got my tax return, got internet again, and then bought a new computer............ Tongue

welcome back, doc! Pleased

Cool
01-03-2009 22:18 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Phone fun. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Yeah, at this point I am not sure what we are going to do with the whole mess.
Whatever.

01-04-2009 02:32 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Frown RE: Phone fun. Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

yeah...
when it happened to me i still had internet in front of me all day at work....
of course big brother blocks personal email, facebook, myspace...etc... Roll Eyes
but i could still go here and other boards that i visit....

Cool
01-04-2009 16:17 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A new DA project before any other re-issues. (<--- period)

Red Face

01-05-2009 15:51 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Unfortunately, it has to be the other way around since you need those reissues to help pay for anything new.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-05-2009 16:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Thread Starter Thread Started by Ritchie_az

I'd love to see a new DA album. But I can certainly understand needing money to pay for it, too. Maybe the DFBB reissue will help some.

Which brings up a question: how much money does the band need to raise to record a new album?

I think a way to raise some of that money is through donations. It could be something on the website that uses Paypal. Or it could be an address one could mail the donations to. And everyone would know that ya ain't gettin' anything in return...except the satisfaction of knowing you helped a very deserving artist. I don't know how much could be raised (I'd guess maybe a thousand or two), but whatever amount I'm sure it would help.
I know I'd chip in something. I'm sure many others here would too.

01-05-2009 16:44 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Maybe we should open a limonade stand???

01-05-2009 16:46 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

(at least with the albums I've had financial/production knowledge of) its usually more than $10,000. Sometimes a lot more. It varies greatly depending on how much travel is involved, etc.

Of course thats in addition to the regular costs and expenses that the store has from week to week. So, it has to be an *extra* $10,000+

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-05-2009 16:49 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

put up a widget, I'll throw in a twonie.

01-05-2009 17:46 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
Maybe we should open a limonade stand???

Why U eyin' my lemon drink?
01-05-2009 19:09 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

I've never heard Fearful Symmety, so it would be my choice of the older albums. I'd love a new Lost Dogs album, too. I don't have much money, but I'll be happy to get whatever from the webstore.

01-06-2009 08:19 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Or, a new album of Terry solo, just him, his guitar and 12 new songs. As I've said before, a tour like this would be great, too.

Have Rick Rubin produce it. That wouldn't be cost prohibitive, would it? Big Grin

01-06-2009 09:24 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by servantsteve
I've never heard Fearful Symmety, so it would be my choice of the older albums. I'd love a new Lost Dogs album, too. I don't have much money, but I'll be happy to get whatever from the webstore.

That is sad you have not heard FS.

I would not worry about the Dogs not making any new records. Roll Eyes

I would like a new DA record more than any new Dogs stuff. Tongue Happy

01-06-2009 15:37 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Chesterdox Chesterdox is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-467.jpg

Registration Date: 09-20-2005

My guess is a Route 66 DVD complete with old farts a-farting and blaming it on derri air.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Chesterdox: 01-06-2009 15:41.

01-06-2009 15:41 Chesterdox is offline Search for Posts by Chesterdox Add Chesterdox to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Yup... the always blame the pretty ones!

01-06-2009 15:43 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Yup... the always blame the pretty ones!

anything else you would like to get off your chest there, doc?

by the way, my daughters had a record player just like yours, just a few years ago.

Psalm 119:83
01-06-2009 22:18 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I love Derri's voice with Dr Love's lead guitar and Terry's Lyrics.

Anything with TST associated with it is pretty much top shelf in my music library. New DA would be stellar, new LD or TST, would also be splendiferous. No more Island Dreams, though- that was suboptimal.

01-07-2009 07:45 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
No more Island Dreams

I liked Island Dreams.

Do you own any of the Music to Paint By CD's with (among others) Phil Keaggy? That's what Island Dreams was intended for. So when that didn't work out, you know, the next best thing was to get Mike to add some guitar and slap the Lost Dogs logo on the front and release it that way.

I'd like to see a sequel some day.

01-07-2009 08:48 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Administrator

I've always enjoyed whatever musical or comedic detours these fellas decide to follow... farmbeetles, Dr EdDT, Sacred Cows, solo projects, Eddies, Daydream&Orbis, Island Dreams, Imaginarium, Uncle Stonehill, etc, etc.

They're not for everyone.. but they're made for the folks that enjoy them, not for those that don't.

01-07-2009 09:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie_az
quote:
No more Island Dreams

I liked Island Dreams.

Do you own any of the Music to Paint By CD's with (among others) Phil Keaggy? That's what Island Dreams was intended for. So when that didn't work out, you know, the next best thing was to get Mike to add some guitar and slap the Lost Dogs logo on the front and release it that way.

I'd like to see a sequel some day.

I didn't care for those either. Island Dreams is OK, just not my favorite. My problem is not with them being instrumental, just with the style of music.

When playing a dog rotation, I usually skip it.

01-07-2009 10:06 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » What's next?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH