Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Humana » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Vox Humana
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Vox Humana Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I finally got around to down loading the rest of my Daniel Amos CD's onto my Itouch. I was putting Vox Humana on and noticed "Collector's Edition" on it. Why is it concidered a collectors edition? There is nothing special about it. The origanal album is more of a collectors edition. I have had the CD since 1992 and I never noticed it before.
01-16-2009 17:05 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Do you collect DA????

Shocked Happy

01-16-2009 17:30 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Unsullied Affiche

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bulldog
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I buy their CD's because I enjoy their music. I don't buy them to collect them. I was just wondering why this is concidered a collectors edition, that's all. I have been enjoying Daniel Amos since 1977.
01-16-2009 18:17 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

It was only called that on the cover because the person that paid for the reissue put it on there. I've always seen it as about as "bare bones" as you could get with a reissue.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-16-2009 19:02 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Unsullied Affiche

Thread Starter Thread Started by Bulldog

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
It was only called that on the cover because the person that paid for the reissue put it on there. I've always seen it as about as "bare bones" as you could get with a reissue.

I kind of figured that. I wish there was a reissue with some extras on it.
01-16-2009 19:28 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

I still wish for a reissue with the tracks divided correctly.
01-18-2009 21:39 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Administrator

The one in the store has the correct track IDs.

Hopefully, one day there can be an expanded & remastered edition.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-19-2009 00:47 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
haveapez haveapez is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 09-02-2008

quote:

Hopefully, one day there can be an expanded & remastered edition.

And a re-release of Doppelganger in the same vein of the 2 disc Darn Floor would be awesome too, for those of us who have the album in mp3's transferred from cassette.
01-19-2009 09:57 haveapez is offline Search for Posts by haveapez Add haveapez to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for haveapez
Administrator

Yeah, we had hoped to possibly do something with Doppelganger last year but things got off track a little with another possible project. That ended up setting us back a little with a few different things.

We're pursuing a couple of different avenues for the Alarma Chronicles stuff. Fearful Symmetry is going to be the tough one.. but maybe something can be worked out.

01-19-2009 10:05 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Fearful Symmetry is going to be the tough one..

...because...?

01-19-2009 13:53 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Administrator

Just because its another KMG title. Its not impossible, it just gets more complicated.

01-19-2009 15:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:

Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't know it had been corrected and so thought it was the same as what I had. Thank you for letting me know.
01-20-2009 08:51 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:

It did not even have a lyric sheet, much less Terry's story.
It was a pretty hack job, that is for sure.

01-20-2009 18:22 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Thumb Up! The schlock Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Talk about schlock... the worst of that whole thing was the unforgivable sin of splitting the tracks the wrong way. I mean please, halfway through the song? Someone didn't care enough to even listen to what they cut! I had to wait until Alarma Chronicles before that got rectified.
Frown

Like many other DA recordings, I will gladly buy a new copy if someone would remaster and add a few bonus tracks. Quality packaging is really pretty important, but ultimately the music is the core reason why we buy it, is that not so?

01-20-2009 20:15 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

That split track was really lame...
so much for quality control! Tongue

01-20-2009 20:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Yes, lame enough I'm considering buying the one they have in the DA store now just to get rid of it.
01-21-2009 09:49 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Good man! Cool

01-21-2009 13:26 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Brown
quote:
Originally posted by dennis

Yes, lame enough I'm considering buying the one they have in the DA store now just to get rid of it.

I never messed with that CD edition of the album. Which track was the split in? Was it in a spot that could at all be mistaken for a song change?

Oh, wait, let me guess: was it at that quick pause in "When Worlds Collide"?

01-21-2009 13:50 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

It's worse than that. There is no index mark between "Live and Let Live" and "When Worlds Collide"; they are both in the same track. So the track labeled "When Worlds Collide" is actually "As the World Turns". Then the track labeled "As the World Turns" is actually the first part of "She's All Heart." THEN, the track labeled "She's All Heart" begins at the second phrase of the third verse with the words "to be brave until the end of all my days."

Fortunately there is no audible break if you are listening to the album in order, but if you have your music ripped and set on shuffle on your computer at work, it is disorienting.
01-21-2009 15:17 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

RE: The schlock Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by John Foxe
Talk about schlock... the worst of that whole thing was the unforgivable sin of splitting the tracks the wrong way. I mean please, halfway through the song? Someone didn't care enough to even listen to what they cut!

Thats exactly the straw that broke the camels back when it came to M8 (not that they made the original Vox Humana CD). But when they made Little Red Riding Hood and Shotgun Angel they copied the master on their PC and left in the one minute gaps and didn't bother to listen to it becfore sending off to manufacture.

When my brother and I work on something, we listed to it over and over and check and recheck because we have that innate fear of getting 1000 or more CD's pressed wrong. Even after we send something off we hold our breathe until we finally get to see the pressed CD or DVD. It's sort of like that feeling of going on vacation and wondering if you left a fire burning in the garage.

01-21-2009 16:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Vox Humana

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH