Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Intimate Evening With Terry Scott Taylor

You are cordially invited to spend a rare and intimate evening of story and song with Terry Scott Taylor.

Terry Scott Taylor is a man who wears many hats. Singer. Cowboy hat. Songwriter. Baseball cap. Father. Fedora. Producer. Prophet. Prankster. Pioneer. As the founder of legendary CCM band Daniel Amos he helped pioneer a new artistically-minded aesthetic in a musically stunted genre. As the merry prankster behind the Swirling Eddies he became a supreme satirist while continuously shedding musical skins. As chief songwriter for the Lost Dogs he brought modern maturity to the old forms and helped make them relevant to new generations. As a composer for video games and cartoons he brought his quirky genius to bear in a field that had been
rendered dull and void by electronic keyboards. As a solo artist he laid bare his personal life—its triumphs and tragedies—and made his story our story as well. Some of his songs are limericks. Some are literature. He's flown under most of the radar for more than 30 years but those in the know rank him among our greatest living treasures.

Out of a deep humility he usually works within the context of a band of musicians in order to take a little of the heat off himself. Not this night. This night, joined occasionally on stage by special guest Steve Hindalong and Terry's son Andrew, and armed only with a guitar and his incredible collection of hats, audiences will discover the real Terry Taylor. Intimacy is the name of the game and everyone is invited to play along. Songs. Stories. Answers. You’ll hear them all like never before. Come witness the mind of a visionary, the heart of an artist and the soul of a fellow pilgrim.

Joining Terry on stage for a select number of songs chosen from his extensive repertoire of Daniel Amos, Swirling Eddies, Lost Dogs, and solo recordings, will be special guest Steve Hindalong ( Lost Dogs' member, founding member of The Choir, creator and producer of the 'City on a Hill’ series, and co-writer of 'God of Wonders'). The ever illusive Camarillo Eddy, founder of 'The Swirling Eddies, is rumored to appear as well. We are
also thrilled to announce that for the very first time ever, Terry's son Andrew will also join his father on stage.

Terry will not only entertain you with humorous and moving anecdotes and songs, he will offer readings from his forthcoming book of collected non-fiction, lyric recitations and commentary, and perform a variety of familiar songs as well as those rarely, if ever, performed in a live setting. At selected venues the evening will be capped off with an audience participation Q&A.

An Intimate evening with Terry Scott Taylor promises to be a surprising, 'don't miss' one-of-a-kind event.

A note from Terry: "As far as live performances go, I don't believe I've done anything quite like this before. I think the audience, which is really more a gathering of close friends and family, is in for some real surprises including a few firsts. Now, the mysterious Camarillo Eddy says he'll show up, but you never know about that guy. On the other hand, I know the great Steve Hindalong will be there to join me on a number of tunes. I've got to say however that my greatest thrill concerning this tour is that my son Andrew will, for the very first time in my 30 plus years of performing, be joining me on stage. I'm extremely proud of him and can't wait for folks to meet him. The song selection should be surprising as well. It's eclectic, unpredictable and culled from every musical entity I've ever been involved with down through the years. At many of the shows I'm planning to field questions from the audience and, if I know my crowd at all, this should prove quite interesting. I may even get Steve to do his leprechaun dance and also that thing where he flips a coin into the air and catches it behind his back. Now that's a show!

"We all essentially agree that we're living in fairly dark and unpredictable times. I'm prayerfully determined to lighten the audience’s load a bit and do so through laughter, some challenges, and more importantly some heart-felt inspiration. (Oh, by the way, I've got some road stories to tell which, in some instances, are truly weird and astounding.)

"Anyway, in the words of Sam the Sham ‘Let's not be L7!’ Come on out to the show and let's all have a wonderful time together." - Terry Taylor

----------------------

If you are a promoter, or even if you're not, but want to know more about booking this rare event, please contact me for me more info.

Linda
--
Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
http://lamconcerts.com

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-20-2009 08:41 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
servantsteve servantsteve is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-640.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I received an email to that effect this morning. TST will not be coming to Virginia by any chance?

04-20-2009 09:11 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
Administrator

I believe the schedule is still taking shape and nothing is definite yet. Once there are firm dates scheduled, they'll be posted.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
04-20-2009 09:17 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

I'd be happy to come alone with all my friends

04-20-2009 09:37 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

I have got my fingers crossed for a show in Saint Paul, MN.

04-20-2009 10:50 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Doke Doke is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 02-21-2007

So does this replace the "TST & Friends Tour", or is it in addition to?
04-20-2009 12:23 Doke is offline Search for Posts by Doke Add Doke to your Buddy List
Administrator

Its the same tour. They were having a lot of problems with conflicting schedules which were making it difficult to put a full band together. So, they're going to go with a smaller set up. That also opens up a lot of potential venues that may not have been able to handle the larger band.

04-20-2009 12:44 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I am not sure I want to see Steve's dance though.

04-20-2009 13:04 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by Audiori J
I am not sure I want to see Steve's dance though.
That's not me, it's Steve Hindalong.

04-20-2009 13:08 servantsteve is offline Homepage of servantsteve Search for Posts by servantsteve Add servantsteve to your Buddy List Add servantsteve to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of servantsteve: no YIM Account Name of servantsteve: yes
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

Every Musical entity Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

So if he is performing songs from every musical entity does that me we get some rapture tunes? That could make a concert a historical event and fill a stadium with die hard crap fans!

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
04-20-2009 15:36 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
sprinklerhead sprinklerhead is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 12-11-2003

I know there are some other Texans on this board. Are any of you close to the Austin area and willing to help put on a show here?

And I'm wondering where the lions are...
I'm wondering where the lions are...
05-08-2009 13:16 sprinklerhead is offline Send an Email to sprinklerhead Homepage of sprinklerhead Search for Posts by sprinklerhead Add sprinklerhead to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

I'm close enough to Austin that I would make the trip to see it. I'm trying to get a venue here to book the show, but they don't know who he is and are afraid that they wouldn't make any money.

Whaddaya do?
05-08-2009 16:40 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
George
Dignified Lazar

images/avatars/avatar-282.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2007

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
I have got my fingers crossed for a show in Saint Paul, MN.

Me too. I can bring 10 friends if that'll help. Big Grin
05-09-2009 17:45 George is offline Search for Posts by George Add George to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by lam77s
TST Tour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by brother joel
I am truly pondering hosting a date for the tour. I have a venue in that my church social hall can fit 150 with chairs. I just need to find someone to underwrite the costs with the hope that the majority would come back. Maybe a bunch of people in PA could go in together to promote the show. I live in Bernville, which is 8 miles northwest of Reading, PA. If anyone would be interested in helping to host a concert here I would be willing to help make it happen.

Check your PM's!!

Linda
--
Linda A. Miller 541-729-7771
LAM PRODUCTIONS
Artist Management and Promotion
1631 Adkins St, Eugene, OR 97401
Linda@LAMConcerts.com
http://lamconcerts.com
05-13-2009 14:46 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

RE: TST Tour Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

myspace has concert listings filling out! both taylor and roe

05-20-2009 18:32 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

They've been on the concert page for a while as well.

05-20-2009 18:59 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Smile I only come here... well, usually.

05-20-2009 19:42 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

hmmm ... may have to take a mid-July camping trip. maybe a good time to visit athens for the first time. but it's hot in July! could maybe go visit relatives in hotlanta/alpharetta and bum a room, but those are in the middle of the week too. decisions ... at least there's almost 2 months to figure out what to do! Pleased

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
05-21-2009 10:55 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
Administrator

I can't give any titles away, but the list of songs that are being considered/rehearsed is a pretty fun and impressive collection of songs... a lot of variety and surprises. Happy Don't miss it!

06-09-2009 08:57 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

If only he was performing within 850 miles of Tucson....

Frown

06-09-2009 09:18 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "Terry Taylor & Friends" Tour -- THE Summer tour of 2009

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH