Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What is your least favorite album from DA? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What is your least favorite album from DA? 2 Votes - Average Rating: 6.502 Votes - Average Rating: 6.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

What is your least favorite album from DA? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I tried searching for this topic and didnt find anything, this will certainly be interesting, please no bombs!!

I will start.

My least favorite has to be Kalhoun

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-15-2009 19:37 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No doubt in my mind at all.
The first Daniel Amos record is my least favorite.

11-15-2009 21:05 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Myron Myron is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 11-03-2004

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'd have to go with Fearfull Symmetry allthough I haven't really heard Bibleland.
11-16-2009 00:13 Myron is offline Send an Email to Myron Search for Posts by Myron Add Myron to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Fearful Symmetry?
BibleLand?
Those are Timeless Classics!
Repent Sinner!

11-16-2009 06:23 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

RE: What is your least favorite album from DA? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I love them all, each in it's own way, but the one I listen to the least is......

Songs of the Heart
11-16-2009 16:06 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

What do you think of the "Hats" version of SOTH?

11-16-2009 17:04 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Shocked Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Myron
I'd have to go with Fearfull Symmetry allthough I haven't really heard Bibleland.

heresy!!! Evil

Confused

like the good doc said, the first da...hands down...

Baby

Cool
11-16-2009 17:05 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ceremonial Kernel

Haven't heard the "Hats" version. I'd like to.

And, hey, the first DA album is great. It was still available when I first found the boys and it holds a special place for me.
11-16-2009 22:35 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by joey
quote:
Originally posted by Myron

heresy!!! Evil

Confused

like the good doc said, the first da...hands down...

Baby

Amen!

11-17-2009 04:08 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

Thumb Down! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by UnderDawg
Haven't heard the "Hats" version. I'd like to.

And, hey, the first DA album is great. It was still available when I first found the boys and it holds a special place for me.

Shocked Shocked

11-17-2009 04:11 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

Thread Starter Thread Started by pegotico

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
What do you think of the "Hats" version of SOTH?

soth isnt that great but HAts is a great improvement, I really have to get one!!!

quote:
[i]I'd have to go with Fearfull Symmetry allthough I haven't really heard Bibleland.

Fearful Symmetry, come on it is the best of the alarma chronicles, you should listen to it better

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
11-17-2009 06:53 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

SotH is one of my favorite DA albums (4th favorite, actually).

11-17-2009 07:39 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

It's hard to say that SoTH is my "least" favorite, it's just the one I listen to the least.

I listen to MotorCycle the most.
11-17-2009 10:24 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Hard to say... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

This is a loaded question for those of us (like me) who will buy and love most everything, including the fart songs. Everything I have bought has eventually warmed on me to some degree.

However, for an original recording maybe the first. That said, I bought (and highly recommend) the 30th anniversary release.

Behind that, maybe Bibleland. Still, much of it I have really learned to like. I just don't like the rough dissonance of certain tunes like Pete and Repeat, and Bubble Bursts. Same thing goes for DFBB. I have grown to love most of it, but some of the choppy dissonance (e.g. in the title track) bothers me.

Overall, the compilation 'personal world famous hits' I play the least, because it tries to do for DA what I think is not doable. You can't span a period that long with so many varied musical DA genres and not come off feeling very uneven. The always cool Tennapel artwork is the only redeeming quality to me for that recording.

11-17-2009 10:44 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
jamespop jamespop is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

Revelation

(or is that a cop-out?)
11-17-2009 13:32 jamespop is offline Send an Email to jamespop Search for Posts by jamespop Add jamespop to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Big Grin Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jamespop
Revelation

(or is that a cop-out?)

good answer! i always forget about that one...
i played it once and said to myself, "what is this???" Confused Confused Confused
no wonder i got it from m8 for 5 bucks w/ free shipping... Tongue

Cool
11-17-2009 13:34 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

I'm gonna say Live at Cornerstone 2000. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it is a bit raw of a recording and Terry forgot the lyrics seems like 3 or 4 times during the concert (which is because he was doing 3--maybe 4--sets for Cornerstone that year). So Live at Cornerstone 2000 is not bad, but in DA terms, that equates to "least favorite".

Then again, I've yet to hear the self-titled debut or Revelation.

11-17-2009 13:58 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I dont think I have a least favorite, I like them all just dependant upon my mood. I like the first album sometimes, Revelation is a classic since its the 'scripture story' naration between the songs that were a rock opera of the end times anyway. That second side of Shotgun Angel was huge in it's day. Bibleland I like, when I am in a certain mood. I think every album gets a pretty fair share of playing in my car.

11-18-2009 00:21 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Jimmy Brown
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-26-2007

Revelation has a special place for me because it includes "Soon," one of my favorite songs, which is based on one of my favorite Biblical passages.

I suppose my least favorite album is Darn Floor, Big Bite, though of course, "least favorite" is a particularly apt term in this case.
11-18-2009 08:48 Jimmy Brown is offline Search for Posts by Jimmy Brown Add Jimmy Brown to your Buddy List
ftg3plus4 ftg3plus4 is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-622.jpg

Registration Date: 04-15-2005

The debut album -- no contest.

I can't place Mr. Buechner's Dream because I heard it only once, but I didn't consider it worth keeping. I might like it better if I heard it again. I've never heard the Live @ Cornerstone album or "Hats."

I don't count Revelation (which I heard once) or World Famous Hits (which I haven't heard per se but which John Foxe seems to have hit the nail on the head about).

Otherwise, getting back to "regular" albums, things not high on my list are Fearful Symmetry (except for "Shadow Catcher") and Songs Of The Heart.

BTW, I should add that some things previously mentioned as among the "least" favorites are among my favorites: Kalhoun, DF-BB (I fully understand why Terry called this his favorite), Bibleland (but, BOY, did that one take me some getting used to!).

11-18-2009 08:50 ftg3plus4 is offline Search for Posts by ftg3plus4 Add ftg3plus4 to your Buddy List
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » What is your least favorite album from DA?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH