Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » question about lost dogs » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page question about lost dogs 2 Votes - Average Rating: 5.50
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

question about lost dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just heard "the lost cabin and the mystery trees" and I really like it!!! I wanted to know which other releases are similar to this album? I read in other post that their first releases were different.

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
01-17-2010 17:44 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Maybe Gift Horses???

I think you nailed it when you said each release is different. Heck, Island Dreams is Hawaiian/surf instrumental!

01-17-2010 18:40 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Gift Horse", for sure.

"Green Room Serenade, part 1" has a cohesive sound, that veers more toward rock. "Real Men Cry" is close to Neil Young's country rock work (a little ragged).

01-18-2010 11:50 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

RE: question about lost dogs Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll simply say that you can't go wrong with ANY of them!
01-18-2010 21:11 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

Thread Starter Thread Started by pegotico

what style are the first 2 [ scenic routes and red riding hood?]

was reading a review of scenic routes and it wasnt that great "the review"

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
01-19-2010 14:08 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Pfiagra
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-137.jpg

Registration Date: 04-26-2002

slacker radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I agree that if you like lost cabin, you will probably like real men cry or gift horse.

On a general aside, I've found that the best place to sample entire songs from albums that you haven't heard is to use Slacker Radio.

Start by creating a station based on Lost Dogs and then customize the station by marking the songs you want to hear as "favorites". Then, set the "fine tune" option to maximize the playing of your favorites.

You will generally hear quite a few of the favorites listening throughout the course of a day.

01-19-2010 14:20 Pfiagra is offline Send an Email to Pfiagra Search for Posts by Pfiagra Add Pfiagra to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

RE: slacker radio Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The first two cover a lot of styles. Americana was the word used when Scenic Routes came out, but that maybe was more referring to the lyrics, especially now that Americana is an actual style... was it back in '90? ANyway... you'll find blues, rock, folk, country, etc on the first three, after that it gets more folk/country/Americana.

01-19-2010 19:49 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

What Ron E. said.

Plus, I would say that "Scenic Routes" and "Little Red Riding Hood" are great hodgepodge records. And they're great records in general. LRRH is a classic record to me, one of those albums that holds together as a whole and has great individual songs. I love 'em all, but LRRH is the best, IMO.

01-20-2010 13:26 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
What Ron E. said.

Plus, I would say that "Scenic Routes" and "Little Red Riding Hood" are great hodgepodge records. And they're great records in general. LRRH is a classic record to me, one of those albums that holds together as a whole and has great individual songs. I love 'em all, but LRRH is the best, IMO.

finally got my hands on LRRH at a nice price and its very good Smile . I was advice to get the original version because of the quality of the sound so it took me a little longer to get it Tongue

03-10-2010 21:20 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

i have another question

is the pray were you are cd worth getting??

08-24-2010 22:36 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

quote:
Originally posted by pegotico
i have another question

is the pray were you are cd worth getting??

Yes.

08-27-2010 05:17 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Luteous Llama

thanks

08-27-2010 19:15 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » question about lost dogs

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH