Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - Old Angel » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lost Dogs - Old Angel
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Lost Dogs - Old Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-11-2010 23:08 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
damos
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 07-22-2003

RE: Lost Dogs - Old Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I may have missed something along the way,but wasn't the "Old Angel" release supposed to be a cd/dvd package?
05-12-2010 10:05 damos is offline Send an Email to damos Search for Posts by damos Add damos to your Buddy List
Administrator

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Two separate releases.. DVD is coming later.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-12-2010 10:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
digger digger is a male
Esculent Eskimo

images/avatars/avatar-497.jpg

Registration Date: 07-11-2007
Location: " I caught sight of you and your beauty broke my heart" TST Bobcaygeon,Ont, Canada

RE: Lost Dogs - Old Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by damos
I may have missed something along the way,but wasn't the "Old Angel" release supposed to be a cd/dvd package?

I thought that was why it was $18.

05-12-2010 11:18 digger is offline Send an Email to digger Search for Posts by digger Add digger to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for digger
digger digger is a male
Esculent Eskimo

Location: " I caught sight of you and your beauty broke my heart" TST Bobcaygeon,Ont, Canada

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The above was not a complaint just an observation.
Can't wait to hear the new tunes!!

05-12-2010 13:09 digger is offline Send an Email to digger Search for Posts by digger Add digger to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for digger
Administrator

Its actually $15 now.. there was a last minute change. Anyone who ordered with the $18 price has been refunded the $3 - with the exception of International customers. Those folks were accidentally not charged for shipping originally, so that extra $3 will be applied to their shipping costs.

05-12-2010 17:07 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
digger digger is a male
Esculent Eskimo

I live in Canada and was actually charged $3.09 S/H on top of the $18 - just so you know.

05-12-2010 19:08 digger is offline Send an Email to digger Search for Posts by digger Add digger to your Buddy List View the MSN Profile for digger
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

Oh thank goodness that's the actual CD cover.
05-12-2010 19:21 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

Reminds me of the Drive thru vacuum repairs picture from Little Red... if I remember that correctly.

05-12-2010 20:36 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

The other picture was just one of Jimmy's photos (which is also used in the artwork, actually).. just serving as a placeholder until we had the actual cover to put in its place. Same pic thats been used all over the place lately..

05-12-2010 21:32 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
damos
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 07-22-2003

When will the dvd be released? Closer to Cornerstone?
05-12-2010 21:43 damos is offline Send an Email to damos Search for Posts by damos Add damos to your Buddy List
Paul Paul is a male
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 02-22-2007

Audiori,

Thanks for the update on the release and also posting the lyrics on the Lost Dogs website. Looking forward to catching the fellas Friday night at their Bealeton, VA Concert. Cool

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Paul: 05-13-2010 04:08.

05-13-2010 04:06 Paul is offline Search for Posts by Paul Add Paul to your Buddy List
lam77s
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

quote:
Originally posted by damos
When will the dvd be released? Closer to Cornerstone?

The short answer is, "No." The DVD is a constant work in progress, but we do not have a release date yet.

Linda
05-15-2010 19:21 lam77s is offline Send an Email to lam77s Search for Posts by lam77s Add lam77s to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

The Popdose review is up for everyone's personal edification:

http://popdose.com/cd-review-the-lost-dogs-old-angel/
05-24-2010 15:35 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Nice review, it is a great album. One little tidbit though, the 'Devil's Elbow' song on this album is different than the Daniel Amos song.

05-24-2010 19:42 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

The more I listen to this cd, the more I love it. First listen I was holding out, seemed still a little too mellow, but... the more I listen, the more I wish I could have gone on that road trip, seen those sights, read the stories, talked to the people. I think its kind of a perfect combination all things Dogs. There's mystery and ordinary. There's the obvious joke and the subtle sadness. There's fun and nostalgia. There's God and guts. There's beautiful and bleak. Its just awfully hard to not love this cd... am I gushing?

It was sure great to see them live too. I thought the balance of new with old was perfect, btw.

05-24-2010 21:28 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Mountain Fan Mountain Fan is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-114.jpg

Registration Date: 10-09-2003

I like Old Angel better than Lost Cabin but probably not better than Real Men Cry and previous CDs.

The Old Angel show had perhaps a better overall mix of songs from their career than last Lost Cabin show I saw, however it was more memorable getting to come up on stage and sing Knockin' on Heaven's Door with the guys at the Lost Cabin show I attended.

I didn't hear much of Bill Mallonee's set before the Dogs, but I'm glad I got to see him and get into his stuff. He's still making some great music and also just released another set of songs:
WPA Vol. 8 : Coal Dust Soul

These songs were written shortly after the numerous mining disasters that occured in the US and abroad in the first few months of 2010. Photos from the 1930's-1940's also served as a reminder that, in many ways, not much has changed in the day to day lives of these men and women. Their courage and determination remain an inspiration. This EP is dedicated to their spirit. Lyrics are available in blog form at http://www.myspace.com/worksprogressadministration Personnel: Bill Mallonee: Guitars, vocals, bass, drums, harmonicas Muriah Rose: Keyboards, vocals

Got a few miles left ...

Make sure you have heard a Kind Word! Happy
06-22-2010 09:58 Mountain Fan is offline Send an Email to Mountain Fan Search for Posts by Mountain Fan Add Mountain Fan to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

My only complaint about "Old Angel" is that my name wasn't in the credits! Tongue

06-22-2010 20:30 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
pegotico pegotico is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-635.jpg

Registration Date: 10-23-2009

quote:
Originally posted by MarkyMark77
My only complaint about "Old Angel" is that my name wasn't in the credits! Tongue

Dont worry!! Tongue Tongue Just promise to make a big donation for next album, Im pretty sure that can get your name on the credits Big Grin

"Everything in Christ astonishes me. His spirit overawes me, and His will confounds me ... I search in vain in history to find the similar to Jesus Christ, or anything that can approach the gospel." Napoleon Bonaparte
07-05-2010 11:44 pegotico is offline Search for Posts by pegotico Add pegotico to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
Just promise to make a big donation for next album, I'm pretty sure that can get your name on the credits

Well....I did. Maybe not a BIG donation, but, it was whatever the donation was supposed to be to get your name in. Oh well, I'll just write it in on my copy Big Grin

07-06-2010 10:11 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » CD & DVD Reviews » Lost Dogs - Old Angel

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH