Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Phoenix DA Show » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Phoenix DA Show
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
the new version of the twist... when I first heard it I thought it sucked. Why mess up something that was perfect? Evil

but... the live version, mixing the best from both works amazingly well. very much a highlight from both shows I saw. Cool

I didn't know there was a version other than Zoom Daddy and the live one....

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ritchie_az: 09-07-2011 14:27.

09-07-2011 14:26 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it was on this

09-07-2011 14:42 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

The live version pretty much follows the "Swine Before Pearls" recording.

Anyone have a recording of Terry's live show a few years ago featuring "I had a bad experience with the CIA?" I'd love to hear how he arranged that.
09-07-2011 16:04 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ritchie_az Ritchie_az is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-291.jpg

Registration Date: 07-02-2008

Yes, that album is on my wish list. Maybe this Christmas.....

09-07-2011 16:10 Ritchie_az is offline Search for Posts by Ritchie_az Add Ritchie_az to your Buddy List
UnderDawg UnderDawg is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-624.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

I was never a BIG fan of "Had a Bad Experience With the CIA", but I hosted a house concert a couple of years ago when he toured with Steve and Andrew. He did this one and it was fantastic. Different in a much better way. I really wish a version of this would surface.
09-12-2011 16:34 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
MarkyMark77
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-595.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

quote:
Anyone have a recording of Terry's live show a few years ago featuring "I had a bad experience with the CIA?"

I Had a Bad Experience With the C.I.A.

09-12-2011 17:31 MarkyMark77 is offline Send an Email to MarkyMark77 Homepage of MarkyMark77 Search for Posts by MarkyMark77 Add MarkyMark77 to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Thanks for posting this video. This is the definitive version of the song. Makes much more sense than the album version!
09-13-2011 05:54 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Cool; I will listen to that when I get home.

I absolutely adore the Eddies album version, though. UnderDawg, what do you dislike about the original?
09-13-2011 10:27 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

The original doesn't have the "spy" sound that I think this newer version has. This is the theme of the song, and it just fits so well. Sometimes a good song can be made better simply by rethinking it a bit, and making it a great song.

Now if they can do it for "Nightmare at the Elk's Lodge", all would be right with the world.
09-13-2011 16:08 UnderDawg is offline Search for Posts by UnderDawg Add UnderDawg to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Phoenix DA Show

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH