Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013) 3 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.003 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by audiori
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

The current system is by far the best we've ever had and, for most shipments, we even have up to the minute automatic tracking updates. Very handy. If something goes off track, we usually get a warning pretty early on. It's usefulness is somewhat limited with international shipments, but still much better than the old systems.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-21-2013 18:48 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Question Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by audiori
Since there were quite a few people out there that completely missed out or didn't hear about it fast enough to contribute...

We're opening up a few tiers once again.. with some slightly altered rewards.. just in case anyone missed out the first time.

www.danielamos.com/store/kickstarter.html

The money will still be going into the budget of the album.

is this closing after 30 days like the last one?
i am considering doing at least the $20 but don't have the extra funds until next month...
thanks. Cool

Cool
01-23-2013 17:58 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Administrator

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Right now we're just letting it go.... after the original campaign ended, we had quite a few people write and say they didn't understand how Kickstarter worked or they thought there was more time... they felt left out or like they missed the boat. I think next time, they'll know how it works and it'll probably go even better than this one.

Every little bit helps. So.. I think you're safe.

DA should be in the studio next month. Happy

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
01-23-2013 22:30 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

We should be announcing the title soon...

01-26-2013 22:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

Ooh, title announcement. Any idea of how many songs they're going in with (I'm fully aware that the final number could differ significantly).
01-29-2013 21:14 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Administrator

I've seen titles of maybe 10 of Terry's.. I'm sure he's probably still writing and who knows what Jerry, Tim and Greg are bringing with them.

01-29-2013 21:33 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
sondance sondance is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-220.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2006

are they recording in so. cal?

Psalm 119:83
01-31-2013 14:13 sondance is offline Homepage of sondance Search for Posts by sondance Add sondance to your Buddy List
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

Nashville.

01-31-2013 15:31 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

So they're recording at whatever Derri and Steve are calling the studio now (or are they not in the studio biz anymore)?
01-31-2013 18:22 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
Audiori J Audiori J is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-103.jpg

Registration Date: 11-27-2004
Location: "Clowns to the left of me! Jokers to the right! Here I AM stuck in the middle with you." - Stealers Wheel

I don't know if they are or not, DA is recording at a different place or places.

01-31-2013 21:47 Audiori J is offline Send an Email to Audiori J Search for Posts by Audiori J Add Audiori J to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

are they producing and recording themselves?

02-01-2013 18:44 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
Administrator

I would think they're producing themselves.. haven't heard anything different. It's going to be a pretty long time in the studio so I would think there would probably be a few different people recording them. Don't know for sure on that one yet. Will know soon.

The unusually healthy budget means they can really spend a good amount of time in the studio this time around.

02-01-2013 20:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
wakachiwaka wakachiwaka is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-484.gif

Registration Date: 07-26-2007

Any promo/distro opportunities presenting themselves? The buzz over Midget seemed to last all of five minutes before it disappeared off the radar...
02-02-2013 02:10 wakachiwaka is offline Search for Posts by wakachiwaka Add wakachiwaka to your Buddy List
Administrator

Once it's recorded and we have some promotional material (like artwork, singles and the radio show disc), things like that are more likely to happen.

As for Midget buzz.. It was before Facebook really became a place to talk about stuff. People would email and tell us how much they loved it, but you didn't have facebook coming alive and thousands of posts all over the place about how great it is. Believe me, we were all sitting back yelling at our computer screens "Come on! Talk about it!" Big Grin The long delay in finishing it didn't help.. kind of deadened the impact a little. The small group of fans that were Mountain Dewed off about the delays didn't help. There had been hope for an Eddies tour but it all fell apart.. that didn't help. I don't think this album will be plagued with the same kinds of problems. The budget is a dozen times larger and people are already really excited... things are moving quickly this time because of the budget coming together so fast. Midget is still a great album and has been available all along... always sold well for us.. but it was plagued with some issues.

One problem we had with Midget was that it was at the beginning of a time where it's harder and harder to get reviews or magazines and radio shows talking about a new release. Some of the ones we used to use all started closing down. Some of the ones that were left became more difficult. You guys can all help us on this side.... if you read music magazines or websites that might be willing to supply a review, let us know. Radio stations that might play a single... anything. Please let us know. We have some things lined up already but we really want to make a big splash for this one.

02-02-2013 11:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Dig Here, Said The Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Here are the boys rehearsing the new record at Ed's house in December. Working title: Dig Here, Said The Angel. Rob Watson is on the couch getting inspired. We're hoping Rob can get out to Nashville for the sessions. Help us make that happen if you haven't become an advance supporter yet. http://www.danielamos.com/store/kickstarter.html

(Supporters should be getting some new video pretty quick here...)

02-02-2013 11:10 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brother joel brother joel is a male
Luteous Llama

images/avatars/avatar-297.jpg

Registration Date: 03-03-2007

RE: Dig Here, Said The Angel Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Say I was considering a second pledge. . . I pledged through kickstarter previously, but want to add to my amount. How might I be sure to get bumped to a higher tier and not just recieve rewards I am already signed up for? Can my pledges in some way be added together? I ask this with the hope that my tax return enables me to contribute a little more and the hope that Rob Watson can contribute.

Before my heart drowns
Before the hammer pounds
Before the laughter consumes
Before the reaper looms
Before the land swallows
Before I enter the gallows
02-02-2013 12:04 brother joel is offline Search for Posts by brother joel Add brother joel to your Buddy List
Administrator

Others have done it. I just have to add you to my secondary list... it won't update on Kickstarter. Make sure if you put it through you get a hold of me here or in email so I can be aware that its an upgrade.

If the upgrade requires special rewards (like handwritten lyrics for example) I need to check with Terry and make sure he's up for doing it. Just let me know on that.

02-02-2013 12:06 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DwDunphy DwDunphy is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-18-2003

You know Popdose is always going to be a friend to DA, so I'd be perfectly ready to get the word out. Let me know what I can do!
02-02-2013 13:17 DwDunphy is offline Send an Email to DwDunphy Homepage of DwDunphy Search for Posts by DwDunphy Add DwDunphy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of DwDunphy: dunphyetc
mindgasket mindgasket is a male
A Hot Wolly

images/avatars/avatar-213.jpg

Registration Date: 06-18-2003
Location: Just because we're hypnotized that don't mean we can't dance!

Thumb Up! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Digs the working title!
02-02-2013 14:50 mindgasket is offline Send an Email to mindgasket Search for Posts by mindgasket Add mindgasket to your Buddy List
Eis Eis is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-120.gif

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind...

quote:
Originally posted by DwDunphy
You know Popdose is always going to be a friend to DA, so I'd be perfectly ready to get the word out. Let me know what I can do!

Good ol' Popdose! A Down The Line Zine feature would be great as well, though that may be more of "preachin' to the choir" kind of thing in terms of exposure. It also seems like someone at Paste should be a fan and want to spread the love, but I don't know anyone over there.
02-02-2013 15:10 Eis is offline Send an Email to Eis Homepage of Eis Search for Posts by Eis Add Eis to your Buddy List
Pages (26): « first ... « previous 7 8 [9] 10 11 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » Upcoming Releases » DA ~ Dig Here Said The Angel (2013)

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH