Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scared Cows hunt » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scared Cows hunt
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Shemp
unregistered
Scared Cows hunt Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

On the eddies thread, there has been alot of talk about Scacred Cows. I already have the tape but would like a copy on cd, so.... I went out to ebay and found a mint condition cd available. When I saw that the seller is from a record collector store not far from my work, I high-tailed it over to the store to see if I could fanagle the cd from the seller.

I offered $30.00 to the guy and he wouldn't budge. He said "gee, when this came into the shop, I thought I would be lucky to get a couple of bucks for it. Now I know that people care... "

Grrrrrrr!
Bidding for it is up to $15.50 with three days left.

Anyone else out there interested in selling me thiers?
05-17-2002 08:15
PaulM PaulM is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-21-2002

I found Cows Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I was unaware of this gem (?) until recently, and didn't want to pay what it has been going for on ebay, so I just did a google search for it. I found a couple of places selling it, used. Try this one:
http://www.christiandigital.com/cdm-s-z.htm.
Funny how the market works. I wondered if I ought to tell this guy, hey, you can get 30-40 bucks for this on ebay. But I just paid my 7.99 plus shipping and smiled.
By the way, a while back someone pointed out how high Violet Burning's first CD was going for on ebay. I went home and pulled my copy off the rack and told my wife, this CD went for $100 (or whatever it was) on ebay! Without hesitating, she said, you shouldn't have told me that! How do I list yours on ebay! I'd better keep it under lock and key . .. .
Happy cow hunting!
05-17-2002 12:35 PaulM is offline Send an Email to PaulM Search for Posts by PaulM Add PaulM to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
On the eddies thread, there has been alot of talk about Scacred Cows. I already have the tape but would like a copy on cd, so.... I went out to ebay and found a mint condition cd available. When I saw that the seller is from a record collector store not far from my work, I high-tailed it over to the store to see if I could fanagle the cd from the seller.

I offered $30.00 to the guy and he wouldn't budge. He said "gee, when this came into the shop, I thought I would be lucky to get a couple of bucks for it. Now I know that people care... "

Grrrrrrr!
Bidding for it is up to $15.50 with three days left.

Anyone else out there interested in selling me thiers?

Very strange. It usually goes for much less on ebay. Maybe because the twenty or so copies that were on ebay through the last couple months have all gone, leaving less supply. I got mine for under $10 a few months ago.
05-17-2002 12:38 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Hmmmm.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Very strange. It usually goes for much less on ebay. Maybe because the twenty or so copies that were on ebay through the last couple months have all gone, leaving less supply. I got mine for under $10 a few months ago."

You think maybe the C-Boy Army's naming & claiming all the extra copies for their next Bonfire of Champions?

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-17-2002 12:44 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got sacred cows for around five bucks on ebay at the start of the year.

very weird.

05-17-2002 16:45 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Atarah Atarah is a female
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

sacred cows? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok - I own this but NEVER listen to it-at least not after the initial listen when I got it. it hurts. a lot.
some of the worst music ever, made even worse. 'I luv crap music' makes me laugh, but that's the only one. do any of you actually listen to the disc, or do ya just own it because you are a 'completeist' in regards to all things Terry?

shemp, if ya really want it, I'll sell you my copy, fairly cheap (give me an offer) (atarah@hotmail.com). i have no sentimental attachment, and not being a 'completeist' myself, would not feel too bad to let it go.

it's terrible, it's horrible, it sounds bad. Big Grin Big Grin

yep, I know that's the point, but that fact doesn't induce me to listen....

05-20-2002 14:00 Atarah is offline Send an Email to Atarah Search for Posts by Atarah Add Atarah to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Atarah
ok - I own this but NEVER listen to it-at least not after the initial listen when I got it. it hurts. a lot.
some of the worst music ever, made even worse. 'I luv crap music' makes me laugh, but that's the only one. do any of you actually listen to the disc, or do ya just own it because you are a 'completeist' in regards to all things Terry?

shemp, if ya really want it, I'll sell you my copy, fairly cheap (give me an offer) (atarah@hotmail.com). i have no sentimental attachment, and not being a 'completeist' myself, would not feel too bad to let it go.

it's terrible, it's horrible, it sounds bad. Big Grin Big Grin

yep, I know that's the point, but that fact doesn't induce me to listen....

I can't speak for others, but I listen to it frequently. If you just understood the wonderful message of this...

"God good, devil baaaaaaaaaaad (don't you get it?)"
05-20-2002 14:05 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Aw, c'mon... not even "schaten...." ??? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Granted, there's some places I skip over -- and "The Sing-Along Song" just creeps me out entirely -- but "Big House" had me doubled over the first time I heard it, and the Crash-Test-Dummies-meets-Yoko-Ono treatment of "Baby, Baby" is consistently hysterical....

05-20-2002 14:05 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
PaulM PaulM is a male
Normal Noggin

Registration Date: 03-21-2002

bottom of the playlist Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got this one, and I've gotten a kick out of it. I'll keep it for "completist" reasons, but I'm not sure how much I'll listen to it. It's pretty funny, but I guess I wasn't much into Christian pop music at the time, since I knew less than half the songs covered. It's still pretty fun, even not knowing the songs, but I'm sure if I was more familiar with the originals I would better appreciate the Eddies's wit.

I pulled out my Dr. Edward Taylor telethon disk this weekend. Hadn't listened to it in a while. Now that's good stuff! My wife, who merely tolerates my listening to such silliness, commented on "Hide the Beer" that it sounds like the monsters on Sesame Street! Maybe she's right, I don't know. But I am looking forward to the forthcoming, long overdue follow up.
05-20-2002 14:07 PaulM is offline Send an Email to PaulM Search for Posts by PaulM Add PaulM to your Buddy List
Dark Steamy Cabbage

golly, you make it sound funny Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by carl
but "Big House" had me doubled over the first time I heard it, and the Crash-Test-Dummies-meets-Yoko-Ono treatment of "Baby, Baby" is consistently hysterical....

perhaps if you gave intelligent analysis like this for the entire album i might be able to listen to it with new ears.....Shocked Shocked

o well....the offer still stands, shemp
05-20-2002 14:13 Atarah is offline Send an Email to Atarah Search for Posts by Atarah Add Atarah to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Well, I'll try.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

sorta.... My daughters (13 & 11) demand this sucker on a regular basis....

....THEY don't like "God Good, Devil Bad" but I think it's pretty funny, as it plays the black/white oversimplicity of most CCM to the hilt ("Sun hahht, snooooow coooooooold / Socks steeenk, flahhhhrs don'....), although I still can't figure out who Terry's "doing" in that song (my best guess at this point is Chico Escuella -- you know, "baseball been beddy beddy good to me....")

...."Baby Baby" I've done, but especially the Yoko part doing "Bayyy-bee bayyy-bee, I walk into da' fahhhhhhhh-rehhhhhhhhhhst".... kills me every time....

..."Schhhhaten, Bithe the Dusssscht...." What can you say? It's the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. By definition, then, it doesn't get any more ridiculous. I only wish they'd done "This Blood's for You".... "Cusssschhh I repwheschent a ho'nu bweeda CWISCHtyun faw ta-dayyyyyyyyy" indeed....

...I don't have to sell you on "I Luv crap Music," so I'll save my breath... Smile .....

..."Big House".... "I know how to make this more alternative..." "You mean, like (garbled Spin Doctors)?" "Yeah, let's have SPOT sing it!" So you have this big ol' celebration song sung by $#&#@ Droopy Dawg, who ends up, "Oh no, I'm back in Alcatwaz! I was in the big, big house.... but now I'm in the BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HOUSE!!!... I'm so depwessssed...."

Not to mention the apt use of slide whistle and Casio throughout this wonderful mess....

Ahhhh, I bet you never watched Bugs Bunny either when you were a kid.... One of my pastimes of my late adolescence was to match up rock stars with their appropriate Warner Bros. character (you know, Bob Seger as Yosemite Sam, Bryan Ferry as Pepe Le Pew, Paul McCartney as Tweety Bird, etc.), but Bugs himself always proved elusive. Bowie, Dylan & Lennon were all in the ballpark but never quite made it. But now I know Terry Taylor, so I don't have this problem anymore. Smile

05-20-2002 14:35 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

quote:

Ahhhh, I bet you never watched Bugs Bunny either when you were a kid.... But now I know Terry Taylor, so I don't have this problem anymore. Smile

very nice........especially the TST - Bugs Bunny connection! perfect fit. Big Grin

BD

05-21-2002 00:18 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

Well well...
I sceemsch that mostch of the crew likes Cowsch.
Atarah, your on...
I'll e-mail ya.
woo hoo!

Now, anyone interested in selling their cd of "Dr. Edward Taylor Telethon". My evil brother "borrowed" my tape and claims someone broke into his car stole all his music.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

05-21-2002 07:44
Dark Steamy Cabbage

gee thanks, carl Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
sorta.... My daughters (13 & 11) demand this sucker on a regular basis....

....THEY don't like "God Good, Devil Bad" but I think it's pretty funny, as it plays the black/white oversimplicity of most CCM to the hilt ("Sun hahht, snooooow coooooooold / Socks steeenk, flahhhhrs don'....), although I still can't figure out who Terry's "doing" in that song (my best guess at this point is Chico Escuella -- you know, "baseball been beddy beddy good to me....")

...."Baby Baby" I've done, but especially the Yoko part doing "Bayyy-bee bayyy-bee, I walk into da' fahhhhhhhh-rehhhhhhhhhhst".... kills me every time....

..."Schhhhaten, Bithe the Dusssscht...." What can you say? It's the Tuxedo Clad Megastar. By definition, then, it doesn't get any more ridiculous. I only wish they'd done "This Blood's for You".... "Cusssschhh I repwheschent a ho'nu bweeda CWISCHtyun faw ta-dayyyyyyyyy" indeed....

...I don't have to sell you on "I Luv crap Music," so I'll save my breath... Smile .....

..."Big House".... "I know how to make this more alternative..." "You mean, like (garbled Spin Doctors)?" "Yeah, let's have SPOT sing it!" So you have this big ol' celebration song sung by $#&#@ Droopy Dawg, who ends up, "Oh no, I'm back in Alcatwaz! I was in the big, big house.... but now I'm in the BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HOUSE!!!... I'm so depwessssed...."

Not to mention the apt use of slide whistle and Casio throughout this wonderful mess....

Ahhhh, I bet you never watched Bugs Bunny either when you were a kid.... One of my pastimes of my late adolescence was to match up rock stars with their appropriate Warner Bros. character (you know, Bob Seger as Yosemite Sam, Bryan Ferry as Pepe Le Pew, Paul McCartney as Tweety Bird, etc.), but Bugs himself always proved elusive. Bowie, Dylan & Lennon were all in the ballpark but never quite made it. But now I know Terry Taylor, so I don't have this problem anymore. Smile

well done, well done!!! bravo!!!!!!

yep, I watched lots of bugs growing up (cause my older brother could beat me up if I didn't comply, and we only had one TV). I did watch the oh-so-funny Anamaniacs by my own will as an undergrad. I suppose either 1)don't laugh enough these days or 2)use things other than music for my laughter outlet....

thanks for trying to rehabilitate me. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

shempy, did ya get my email?
05-21-2002 11:22 Atarah is offline Send an Email to Atarah Search for Posts by Atarah Add Atarah to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

Got it, jew get mine?
05-21-2002 11:58
™ is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-236.gif

Location: Silicon Valley: prime real estate for a terrorist dirty bomb hit

concerning completistisms (?) Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm gonna make an announcement that will SHOCK the board.

I had the first 3 Eddies albums on CD and sold them to a local used CD store years ago as well as many other TST's including (gulp) Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor (that was hard!).

"WHY?!" you may be screaming at me through yer computer?

Materialism and Matthew 6:19-24

For some uncanny and totally demented reason I'm unable to *have* something just "in case" I need it. If I haven't used it in the last coupla months chances are it's on it's way to being sold (or given away).

Go ahead, read me the riot act

(I think in some sick way it's got something to do with that old "let it go and if it's truly yours it'll come back" thing)

So, long story short, right on atarah!

--Peter Jackson quoting J. R. R. Tolkien
05-21-2002 12:25 ™ is offline Send an Email to ™ Homepage of ™ Search for Posts by ™ Add ™ to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by ™
I'm gonna make an announcement that will SHOCK the board.

I had the first 3 Eddies albums on CD and sold them to a local used CD store years ago as well as many other TST's including (gulp) Dr. Edward Daniel Taylor (that was hard!).

ok, if you ever get that urge again....I know a few people that would like to have some of those material things!

BD

(we're proud of you for sticking with your convictions, as c*rm*n said ''we need a little bit more conviction'' don't ask me how I knew that!)

05-21-2002 12:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

DON'T CLICK THE LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

as c*rm*n said ''we need a little bit more conviction'' don't ask me how I knew that!

...........because, secretly, down deep in that dark and horrid place of your inner soul, you are a c*rm*n fan. Uh, huh, don't EVEN lie about it, Oh Dorky One.

the Tuxedo Clad Megastar meets a Witch!

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

05-21-2002 13:18 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

he does some strange stuff.....and he's serious about it!Shocked

05-21-2002 13:23 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

For shame....

I guess it is a bad as me loaning my evil brother my LPs and cassettes...

Duh...
05-21-2002 13:46
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Scared Cows hunt

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH