Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zimmy & Terry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zimmy & Terry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Zimmy & Terry Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been listening to Bringing It All Back Home all day. I think I can hear the influences of Subterranean Homesick Blues in Turn This Off. Anyone else think so, or am I having a weird day?
LK-9

11-04-2002 17:56 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Uh...nope...don't know nuthin' of that...

Frown

11-04-2002 19:28 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Jim Muglia
unregistered
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I've been listening to Bringing It All Back Home all day. I think I can hear the influences of Subterranean Homesick Blues in Turn This Off. Anyone else think so, or am I having a weird day?
LK-9

Yeah, I guess I can hear "Look Out kid you're gonna get hit" part in a section of the verses. I don't know the exact lyrics they correspond too, as that song is kind one big blur to me; but based on my recollection of the melody, I can see that.
Jim
11-04-2002 22:01
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

it does my soul good to see you two in agreement.
11-05-2002 00:59 baxter is online Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
B Diddy
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by baxter
it does my soul good to see you two in agreement.

Cool
11-05-2002 06:16 B Diddy is offline Search for Posts by B Diddy Add B Diddy to your Buddy List
Dr. Sticky Dr. Sticky is a male
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

I can definitely hear it, but i think that "Readers Digest" by LN is a rip of said song by Zimmy. I just laughed when I heard it the first time.
11-05-2002 07:52 Dr. Sticky is offline Send an Email to Dr. Sticky Homepage of Dr. Sticky Search for Posts by Dr. Sticky Add Dr. Sticky to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Sticky
I can definitely hear it, but i think that "Readers Digest" by LN is a rip of said song by Zimmy. I just laughed when I heard it the first time.

Definitely true.
11-05-2002 08:06
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Uh-oh.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Jim's a Hot Wolly now.... I can smell the self-loathing that title must inspire from here.... Smile

And what was that song on Something New Under the Son where Larry's lifting Dylan? I'm blanking right now.

Anyway, when it comes to Larry & Dylan, I always flash on that T-Bone Burnett quote where he said that God got so sick of hearing Larry calling himself the Christian Dylan that He decided to save the real one instead....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-05-2002 08:23 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Big Grin

11-05-2002 09:20 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
jc
Luteous Llama

CARL Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

COULD IT BE
Put your life- in Jesus nail scarred hands?
by LN
and there of course- is-
song for a few frriends (para)
with Clapton on guitar
and Charlie Watts on drums
McCartney-on the Hofner bass
with blisters on his thumbs
..While the jokes and folks..etc.
(Pretty good lines actually)
But if DA made a video of "turn this off"
you would just drop the cards in one big heap and say...camera man..turn this off.
JiMIny
11-05-2002 10:22 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Nup, that's not it.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

There's definitely the one with "Don't ask me nothin' about nothin' / I just might just tell you the truth...." I'm not sure that's the only one, but it's definitely a direct lift....

11-05-2002 10:24 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by carl
Jim's a Hot Wolly now.... I can smell the self-loathing that title must inspire from here.... Smile

And what was that song on Something New Under the Son where Larry's lifting Dylan? I'm blanking right now.

Anyway, when it comes to Larry & Dylan, I always flash on that T-Bone Burnett quote where he said that God got so sick of hearing Larry calling himself the Christian Dylan that He decided to save the real one instead....

Speaking of ripping off and Something New Under the Son, he seemed to have ripped off "Help Me Rhonda" for a section on "Nightmare #49", I believe. Then again didn't the Beach Boys borrow that chorus melody, at least a little, from an older song themselves? I remember hearing something on the oldies station, and thinking "Oh so that's where they got the idea for that chorus." I know they weren't shy about using Chuck Berry riffs, at least not on Fun Fun Fun and Surfin' USA.
11-05-2002 10:52
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Patti heard "Turn it off" and said, "It sounds like Dylan!" Big Grin

11-05-2002 13:36 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

No Way!?

11-12-2002 19:29 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by dennis
Patti heard "Turn it off" and said, "It sounds like Dylan!" Big Grin

The original or WEWH disk 3 version? The WEWH version does! Big Grin

11-12-2002 19:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Both singers are great

11-14-2002 20:09 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Ummm...

11-14-2002 20:49 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Hhhmmm

11-15-2002 12:17 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhlllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllll.... Tongue

11-15-2002 12:20 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

hi

11-15-2002 12:22 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zimmy & Terry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH