Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » just thinkin' out loud- » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page just thinkin' out loud-
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Yeah, but.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...then C-Boy would squeeze him even tighter, don't you think?

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-05-2002 07:24 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by EdHead
We could call him Doctor "Body" Rich...and then he might stand a chance...Tongue

I am pretty un-happy with the the Gov of MN right nowMad

11-05-2002 12:46 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

Hmmmmmmmmmm Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My thoughts:

It appears that 99.9% of the folks here are adults (excluding Mugs.)

If kids of those who post here are reading, it's obviously under adult supervision.

Have we truly run anyone off? I wish we knew that.........HEY, LURKER, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, DO WE SCARE YOU?

I think we should leave well enough alone - and yeah, yeah, I'll try to tone down my potty mouth. NO more F word, okay?

I'll do my best.

God bless us, every one.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-06-2002 17:05 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
anne
A Hot Wolly

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it's kind of hard to imagine that there are mass numbers of children clamoring for access to the damb... or that, if a child did want to read something specific on the damb, that child's parents couldn't monitor him/her.

if the goal is to avoid offending..... why stop with the potty stuff? all sorts of things can offend people. stupidity can be highly offensive for some people. as can burrory. many people get offended simply by viewpoints that diverge from their own. meanwhile, others are averse to trite, phony, or shallow interactions.

in any case, the typical DA fan is probably not overly uptight... the Dogs show that i saw featured more than a fair share of scatalogical humor... with jokes that, as Roe put it, "went over like a fart in church" Wink

ps i don't mean to suggest that we shouldn't limit ourselves at all. i do think it is appropriate to self-censor certain things. but i have a feeling there is a lot of disagreement about what should be censored.
11-06-2002 18:33 anne is offline Send an Email to anne Homepage of anne Search for Posts by anne Add anne to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Once again, anne is the voice of reason... Big Grin

11-06-2002 18:44 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

That anne Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

She ain't so evil after all, is she?

Thanks, Annie Dear Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

11-07-2002 13:03 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Jim Muglia
unregistered
I think the rules should be the rules Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Greetings,

Well, there is a disclaimer before we register for the board that makes us agree to, among other things, this statement:

"With your registration you agree to the terms of this forum not to post advertisements (including Get Rich Quick Schemes), rumors, slanderous remarks, vulgar language, insults."

So, while realizing that most of us have broken these standards, I'm thinking that these standards, which we already agreed to when registering anyhow, ought to be the standards that we go by.

But how do we see that they're enforced? I'll leave that to whoever, I'm just stating that I'm thinking the rules we agreed to oughtta be the rules.
Jim

11-07-2002 13:19
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

I like anne's interpretation better than jims.... Wink

11-07-2002 13:29 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Well, FWIW.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

My kids like to peek in on this -- to see what bizarre secret life their father is engaged in, and why the heck he'd scream into a beatbox just to get on some CD that only 50 people are going to listen to....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-07-2002 13:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

AGAIN CS.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WELL SAID!
BUT ANNE, ANNE, ANNE...
Its assholitious behavior
.....burrory is a college subject..I think
11-07-2002 14:14 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

I agree with Anne and Jim.

We said when we registered we would not do the nuaghty stuff. We should honour our word.

"Let your yes mean yes and no mean no..."

11-07-2002 14:35 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia
"With your registration you agree to the terms of this forum not to post advertisements (including Get Rich Quick Schemes), rumors, slanderous remarks, vulgar language, insults."

name calling and not respecting other's opinions is what offends me....

11-07-2002 15:05 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jc
Luteous Llama

ok- i'm through Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

all-
I DO try to stay unsullied, but you guys (and gals) bring it out now and then.
I just laughed so hard at Annes word- there was no way to offer an innocent response.
I think we all agree it is for the general good of us all,
and the Ol WWJD card can be played at any time.
besides - I have a big bar of soap for Woggy to chew on the next time we have lunch- or a reasonable facimile thereof.

I now have one less repentance card in my deck.
jiMinY
11-07-2002 15:06 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Muglia

name calling and not respecting other's opinions is what offends me....

Should I take that as as an apology from you for not respecting my opinions? Big Grin
Jim
11-07-2002 15:12
Jim Muglia
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by jc
all-
I DO try to stay unsullied, but you guys (and gals) bring it out now and then.
I just laughed so hard at Annes word- there was no way to offer an innocent response.
I think we all agree it is for the general good of us all,
and the Ol WWJD card can be played at any time.
besides - I have a big bar of soap for Woggy to chew on the next time we have lunch- or a reasonable facimile thereof.

I now have one less repentance card in my deck.
jiMinY

I better send you a bar of Lava. She's going to need to chew on one of the stronger soaps. Big Grin
Jim
11-07-2002 15:17
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Can't we all just get along??? Confused

11-07-2002 15:21 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
jc
Luteous Llama

I use Dawn Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

a lil swig...
along with some
Fels Naptha (love that stuff)
a little pinch between my cheek and gum............

makes ya spit white
and walk right!

JimIny

Mugsy
just gargle with holy water............
11-07-2002 15:49 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by anne
if the goal is to avoid offending..... why stop with the potty stuff? all sorts of things can offend people. stupidity can be highly offensive for some people. as can burrory. many people get offended simply by viewpoints that diverge from their own. meanwhile, others are averse to trite, phony, or shallow interactions.

in any case, the typical DA fan is probably not overly uptight... the Dogs show that i saw featured more than a fair share of scatalogical humor... with jokes that, as Roe put it, "went over like a fart in church" Wink

very well put anne!
I am proud to be a part of the same message board as you! Smile )

11-07-2002 16:29 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Can't we all just get along??? Confused

Joey... you should know better than to ask silly questions! Tongue

11-07-2002 16:30 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

BTW Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I do not get the vibe that Terry or anyone else in DA is a prude, so why should we act like prudes on the band's website?

It also seems to me that Terry & the boys consider the damb to be for the fans, so it is ours (in a sense.)

11-07-2002 16:39 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (5): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » just thinkin' out loud-

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH