Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Brief Funeral » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Brief Funeral
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

Brief Funeral Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm planning on having "Briefing for the Ascent" played at my funeral...been planning it for years now...how 'bout the rest of ya?

Forgive the morbidity...(depending on your perspective)

11-12-2002 19:36 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

that or And so it goes maybe.... Smile or Earth Household, that is my favorite DA song, and I would have gone somewhere beyond the Earth Household then......

11-12-2002 19:51 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Andrew Andrew is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: Bleak human landscape, flat roofed houses, bad breath, vacant lots and murder evidence. God saves and leads a remnant of scraggly, faithless people, in spite of themsleves and just because he feels like it.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Sleep Silent Child

Beutiful One

I suggested to my step mum and family and they agree for my Dad - One More Time
11-12-2002 20:31 Andrew is offline Send an Email to Andrew Homepage of Andrew Search for Posts by Andrew Add Andrew to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz YIM Account Name of Andrew: zoomdaddynz
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I'll have to think about this.

11-12-2002 21:04 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Sanctuary (appropriate for just about any occasion)

One More Time played at my father's wake

The Pool i want to watch everybody do that
cool swimmer's dance.
11-12-2002 22:25 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

I'm torn.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....between "Autographs for the Sick," "Evangeline" and "New Car"...

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
11-13-2002 09:16 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
jc
Luteous Llama

FER ME-I'M OUTSIDE THE CIRCLE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

since I first heard it
I would like
"The great Gig in the Sky"-Pink Floyd
with the quoted lines in my memoriam

"I am not frightened of dying, any time will do,
I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

"I never said I was frightened of dying."

I thought that long before I had -"Peace and the Big Love"

I am not normally a morbid person-(ask wog) but my Shop Teacher absolutely refused to let me build my own pine box in my Sr High Shop class- I thought to make it a student council issue-but let it go.
JimInY
11-13-2002 09:39 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

When my mom passed away, "One More Time" kept me going. What a great song.

11-13-2002 10:10 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by EdHead

I love this "Sad, sweet music"!

11-13-2002 10:57 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
web
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Arthur Fhardi's Yodelling Party
11-13-2002 11:12 web is offline Send an Email to web Search for Posts by web Add web to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

i want to go to your funeral, Carl!

Well, not anytime soon, of course.

live long and prosper in our Lord.

sorry, my pentecostal upbringing told me that my words can be curses, no harm intended...
11-13-2002 11:18 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
jc
Luteous Llama

WITH TST... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

there are a number of more than appropriate songs
In the Afternoon (from AF)
is such a wonderful tune...
and My Hand to God
gives me the chills...
(cuz thats how I wanna go)
jimIny
11-13-2002 11:37 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Tyler Durden Tyler Durden is a male
Luteous Llama

Registration Date: 04-11-2002
Location: Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is a spiritual war.

interesting topic.

for my wedding I created a soundtrack that included the Swirling Eddies " I Think I Love You" great song. I know that it wasn't the appropirate interpritation of the song, but it worked for the occasion.

Death:

Not something I have thought about of late, but it is a good idea to think about certain issues like always having a will on hand and insurance information available and a SOUNDTRACK.

Theo's Logic
The Wall of Heaven
Some Friendly Advice
With the Tired Eyes of Faith
Potential
The Incredible Shrinking Man
Shedding the Mortal Coil
So Long
11-13-2002 12:39 Tyler Durden is offline Send an Email to Tyler Durden Search for Posts by Tyler Durden Add Tyler Durden to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Thread Starter Thread Started by EdHead

Nice Tyler...!

I like it~

Now-a-days you can just create your own "soundtrack" and burn it to a disc...and save it with your will (for a rainy day)...

Nice touch Tyler!

11-13-2002 12:44 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Shedding would be great Tyler!

i wish i had thought of that.
11-13-2002 14:42 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-522.jpg

"and so it goes"
"the beautiful one"
"Good Night" (Beatles)
just about anything by the choir.

Patti likes "Looking for space" by John Denver.

11-13-2002 16:14 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Queen- Another one bites the dust?
maybe no? Wink

11-13-2002 16:17 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
Queen- Another one bites the dust?
maybe no? Wink

I like it!

or "In Heaven there is no beer!"

11-13-2002 16:19 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
jc
Luteous Llama

Dr! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

goodnight..
what a great idea
(though I hope I don't beat you to it!)
wait- that did'nt sound right either...
uhm let me think quite how to say this one.
JiMIny
heck- I'd settle for Dry Bones Dance.
11-13-2002 16:19 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
dennis dennis is a male
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by jc
goodnight..
what a great idea
(though I hope I don't beat you to it!)
wait- that did'nt sound right either...
uhm let me think quite how to say this one.
JiMIny
heck- I'd settle for Dry Bones Dance.

you can beat me all you want... no wait... forget that!

11-13-2002 16:21 dennis is offline Send an Email to dennis Homepage of dennis Search for Posts by dennis Add dennis to your Buddy List
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Brief Funeral

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH