Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club #2 » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Avocado Club #2
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Author of the Post Author of the Post is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 03-14-2002
Location: If you want to follow in someone's footsteps, first you need to learn where they've walked.

Avocado Club #2 Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got my Avocado Club disc (Volume 2.)

There's only two tracks (I was kind of hoping for one or two more.) I think that "Welcome to the Real World" from Random Acts & Hodgepodge should have gone on AC#2--the style better fits on AC.

It's really nice on AC#1 and AC#2 to see Terry writing some personal and simple acoustic songs. I always like the Derri Daugherty would record great songs about love and relationship but it seemed that Terry hadn't recorded many. "little, BIG" and the two AC discs are welcome additions to Terry's already large and vast repertoire.

Track #1 "Simple Things" is just a great simple song with Terry on the guitar and some back up vocals (provided by Terry himself.) With this track I feel like I'm getting a glimpse into Terry's life and what he values in his relationship with his wife. It's a reaffirming song about love and relationship.

Track #2 I think has a typo on the CD sleeve. The sleeve says it is called "Every Day of the Week" but the faceof the CD and the chorus of the song say "Every Tuesday of the Week." It's another simple song, no fancy post-production. It's the kind of song you'd expect to hear at an open mic night in a small smokey coffee shop.

Of the two, I like "Simple Things" better. Maybe it's because I identify more with the lyrics. Regardless how much money you have, it's the simple things that hold a couple together.

Hope y'all enjoy!

-- aotp
01-06-2003 15:55 Author of the Post is offline Send an Email to Author of the Post Homepage of Author of the Post Search for Posts by Author of the Post Add Author of the Post to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Author of the Post: JosepBCN28 View the MSN Profile for Author of the Post
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just got mine!

01-06-2003 17:57 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I got mine today, but have not had time to listen yet. Frown

Tomorrow on the way to work will be Hodgepodge and AC #2

BD
01-06-2003 23:30 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

thanks AOTP

i haven't got mine yet.
01-07-2003 01:28 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

You mean.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

....it's finally COMING? Hoo-hah! Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-07-2003 11:13 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
baxter baxter is a male
Ubique Epoque

Registration Date: 09-19-2002

Hoo-hah
01-07-2003 11:30 baxter is offline Send an Email to baxter Homepage of baxter Search for Posts by baxter Add baxter to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of baxter: NA YIM Account Name of baxter: NA
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

Why does the mail in So. Cali suck so bad!?! Where're my CDs?????

01-07-2003 12:20 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

quote:
Originally posted by brdhsnyrsoul
Why does the mail in So. Cali suck so bad!?! Where're my CDs?????

The mail here in PA glows with warmth, too. I still haven't recieved mine either. Crying

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
01-07-2003 12:27 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
I still haven't recieved mine either. Crying

I have been searching all day on winMX & I still have not gotten MiNe ! Wink

01-07-2003 12:37 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

I haven't gotten mine yet up here in OR either! We'll the mail comes in about and hour or two, though...Smile We'll see...

01-07-2003 12:40 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:
Originally posted by Scrimshaw Nick
I still haven't recieved mine either. Crying

I have been searching all day on winMX & I still have not gotten MiNe ! Wink

Shocked

Wink

01-07-2003 12:41 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

patience, grasshopper.

the mail will arrive.

consider this: "lessons for tommorrow"

Big Grin

i know i will.

01-08-2003 02:15 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

So, did you get it yet?

01-12-2003 09:39 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

I like it. I downloaded it with AC#1 and 3 of the Hodgepodge tracks and the stuff from Browbeat (all three CDs) that Terry sings, and the track from City on a Hill Christmas, and the song from the Ojo Taylor release. I think that's all of them. Anyways - it's like a cool cd of Terry Taylor that has no real "central theme" or "sense of history" - I listen to it more than I do to the real albums.

01-15-2003 23:27 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
mannequin wright
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 12-10-2002

No hooh-hah here.
01-15-2003 23:29 mannequin wright is offline Send an Email to mannequin wright Search for Posts by mannequin wright Add mannequin wright to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

sorry 'bout that. it doesn't seem like it should've taken that long.

01-15-2003 23:31 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Crying

01-16-2003 11:28 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Ceremonial Kernel

you'll get over it. there'll be something else to wait for next month.

01-16-2003 12:47 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

LOL. Meanie. Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
01-16-2003 12:50 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ceremonial Kernel

I'll be waiting right along with ya, buddy.

01-16-2003 12:52 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Avocado Club #2

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH