Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Zoom Daddy
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Lost Canine Lost Canine is a male
Disjasked Lerna

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Zoom Daddy Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I've been listening to Zoom Daddy over and over all week. I have come to this critical conclusion, this disc is/was a milestone recording like SA side 2, HD, DG, DFBB, etc. In fact, in my humble opinion, this piece of art is the best TST behind DFBB. What an album.
LK-9

06-09-2002 11:01 Lost Canine is offline Send an Email to Lost Canine Search for Posts by Lost Canine Add Lost Canine to your Buddy List
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i agree. and i would add "songs of the heart" to complete the trilogy.

06-09-2002 19:08 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Gamgee Gamgee is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-14-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
i agree. and i would add "songs of the heart" to complete the trilogy.

I dunno... SOTH is good, but Motorcycle is better.
06-09-2002 19:58 Gamgee is offline Send an Email to Gamgee Homepage of Gamgee Search for Posts by Gamgee Add Gamgee to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

well of course I'll get in trouble for this....

1- Zoom Daddy
2- Motorcycle
3- DFBB

although like K9 is lisening to ZD, i've been listening to DFBB more than I have in the past, and it's moving up on Motorcycle.

BD

06-09-2002 21:49 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
arcticsunburn arcticsunburn is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 06-10-2002
Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

Other DA stuff Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I am ashamed to say this... I haven't heard anything on Zoom Daddy except the title track (which was OK, I guess).

Here's something really interesting though. The critics are calling Moby's music the music of the new millennium. Try VOX HUMANA! DA did the same thing 20 years ago! Anyone with me?

06-10-2002 00:41 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Bubba
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 04-23-2002

Bunch of hippies and Christians! Tongue

06-10-2002 01:21 Bubba is offline Send an Email to Bubba Search for Posts by Bubba Add Bubba to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork

1- Zoom Daddy
2- Motorcycle
3- DFBB

although like K9 is lisening to ZD, i've been listening to DFBB more than I have in the past, and it's moving up on Motorcycle.

BD

1. Vox Humana
2. Motorcycle
3. DFBB
06-10-2002 08:13
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Lost Canine
I've been listening to Zoom Daddy over and over all week. I have come to this critical conclusion, this disc is/was a milestone recording like SA side 2, HD, DG, DFBB, etc. In fact, in my humble opinion, this piece of art is the best TST behind DFBB. What an album.
LK-9

I know some of the Zoom Daddy stuff from the Berry Vest... beyound that I don't know Frown

You can still buy that in the DA store eh?
am I right on that?

sure I could look...
by why?
Wink

06-10-2002 20:37 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

still there.....

this one is a must for all real TST fans!

it's above DFBB on my list.

BD

06-10-2002 20:46 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Not with me you won't.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"well of course I'll get in trouble for this....

"1- Zoom Daddy
"2- Motorcycle"

That's EXACTLY how I'd put it (in fact, I already did if someone wants to go back into the archives & check).... but DFBB 3rd....well, that's a little liberal.... I'd probably go with Outdoor Elvis, although having just gotten my hands on Scenic Routes.... wow....

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-11-2002 08:34 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Ceremonial Kernel

Location: Guitar; A way to express what words can't describe, and a moment of peace in a chaotic world.

quote:
Originally posted by carl
"well of course I'll get in trouble for this....

"1- Zoom Daddy
"2- Motorcycle"

That's EXACTLY how I'd put it (in fact, I already did if someone wants to go back into the archives & check).... but DFBB 3rd....well, that's a little liberal.... I'd probably go with Outdoor Elvis, although having just gotten my hands on Scenic Routes.... wow....

Oh yeah, Outdoor Elvis is awesome. I would put it in at 2.

06-11-2002 11:14 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
quote:

1- Zoom Daddy
2- Motorcycle
3- DFBB

BD

1. Vox Humana
2. Motorcycle
3. DFBB

I'm sorry, but I've got to disagree with all you folks. I hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but:

Fearful Symmetry is the best DA album.

Okay, I keep going back and forth here between DFBB and Fearful Symmetry, but this weekend, I came down on the side of Fearful Sym.

Cheers!
Gus

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-11-2002 12:25 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
Kaf-N-8ed Kaf-N-8ed is a male
Luteous Llama

quote:
Originally posted by Kaf-N-8ed
quote:
Originally posted by Shemp
quote:

1- Zoom Daddy
2- Motorcycle
3- DFBB

BD

1. Vox Humana
2. Motorcycle
3. DFBB

I'm sorry, but I've got to disagree with all you folks. I hope I don't ruffle any feathers here, but:

Fearful Symmetry is the best DA album.

Okay, I keep going back and forth here between DFBB and Fearful Symmetry, but this weekend, I came down on the side of Fearful Sym.

Cheers!
Gus

Although to be fair, "I had a bad experience with the CIA" and "Art Carney's Dream" are a couple of the best DA pieces...

but overall, my vote goes to Fearful Symmetry...

~Kaf

My beard is parted into three,
For the Holy Trinity!

~ Gustav BenJava
http://www.benjava.com

06-11-2002 12:29 Kaf-N-8ed is offline Send an Email to Kaf-N-8ed Homepage of Kaf-N-8ed Search for Posts by Kaf-N-8ed Add Kaf-N-8ed to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava YIM Account Name of Kaf-N-8ed: gusbenjava
jc
Luteous Llama

yer all SOOO funny!!!! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

DAMbers
sorry- am not trying to be a stiff here
but I have trouble with SOME (not all of course) aspects of ZD
The fact that they titled- then wrote is very impressive, and I KNOW that as I mention bits and pieces (no one mentioned the Golden Girl (from the Golden West!!!!) and I fell in love with Some friendly advice first listen,
but I still recall my first impressions, which left me a bit flat.
Dedicated to MH makes it quite cool- and the cover art is FZ in de flesh!
I am stil a huge HD fan...we all got our general first ahhhhssss over certain things
ALL the mentioned "bests" really are:
DFBB, FS, VH- it must be the sign of a "non eliminatable" band eh?
P and the BL-
JiMiny
06-11-2002 12:38 jc is offline Send an Email to jc Search for Posts by jc Add jc to your Buddy List
Ceremonial Kernel

Aren't we forgetting something? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

You're all crazy! Alarma! is the best DA album. Especially the version with the bonus tracks. "No Spaceship" is awesome.

06-11-2002 13:34 arcticsunburn is offline Send an Email to arcticsunburn Homepage of arcticsunburn Search for Posts by arcticsunburn Add arcticsunburn to your Buddy List Add arcticsunburn to your Contact List View the MSN Profile for arcticsunburn
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Everybody knows that DFBB is the best DA album of all-time. End of discussion...

Pleased

06-11-2002 15:28 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

ya... some pretty harsh words about dfbb here. I also like Bibleland a whole lot Smile

Outdoor Elvis is really something special though Pleased

06-11-2002 16:33 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

ok, so we know what are the best....in various orders

what are the flops? are there any?

and if no flops....least played.

for me.....lets see

least played (once every 5 years)
to most played (2 to 4 times a month?)

K&I, ABFTA

DA (self titled),

Imaginarium

Sacred Cows

HD, Alarma, and SA

FS, VH, BL, GRS

(here down at least once a month)

Scenic Routes

SOTH, Lets Spin, LRRH

MBD (first disc), Real Men cry

Kahloun, DG

DFBB, OE

AF, Gift Horse

MBD (second disc)

Motorcycle, John Wayne, Zoom Daddy

I know, i'm thinking too much here...
BD

06-11-2002 20:38 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Shemp
unregistered

Do we even want to go there?
06-12-2002 09:56
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Of COURSE we do, silly.... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It occurs to me that rotation time and overall ranking don't necesarily correlate (for example, MotorCycle would be noticeably higher & Imaginarium correspondingly lower if it were a direct proportion), but still....

nada near daily:
Zoom Daddy

Weekly or thereabouts:
Outdoor Elvis
Mr. Buechner’s Dream
Little Red Riding Hood
Scenic Routes
Imaginarium

Monthly or thereabouts:
MotorCycle
Alarma Chronicles
Gift Horse
Let’s Spin
Kalhoun
Darn Floor Big Bite
Sacred Cows

Every few months for a change of pace:
Songs of the Heart
John Wayne
BibleLand
Shotgun Angel
Green Room Serenade
Knowledge & Innocence
Briefing for the Ascent

Every few months or so to make sure I still think it's lame:
Real Men Cry
Avocado Faultline
DA
Horrendous Disk

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
06-12-2002 11:46 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Zoom Daddy

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH