Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "3-6am". some reflections » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "3-6am". some reflections
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
wes berlin wes berlin is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-275.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

"3-6am". some reflections Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

just wanted to mention a few things about the ep.....

i feel really fortunate to have "captured" those moments, in those early january hours. it was a totally unplanned event that will always be a very special time for me.

prior to 3 am, theo and i were working on some songs and sharing our stories, discussing theology and pulling cds out of the "refrence library" to point out some of our favorite sonic moments (as well as our influences). as the evening (and eventual morning) rolled on, it was peculiar to me that the lack of sleep wasn't affecting our "work". it was almost as if there was some more to do....and that rest could wait.

when theo asked if he could "play a bit more" i was a bit skeptical....i mean how much could this guy have left? i mean, he rode down on the amtrak (like 36 hours) and the previous night we were up til 3 or 4 in the morning. but i figured "why not"....afterall, i was feeling that he and i were just the actors fullfilling a script...that neither of us had written.

so, one by one theo played the songs. i knew right away that it was special. after theo played "midnight livingroom" i begged him to play "the father loves the son" but just one verse and chorus (to act as a coda to these songs). it was unbelievable. i added a little reverb and that was the extent of the mixing process (however if i had known that theo was going to put out the ep right away i would have done a proper job). but no matter, the songs stand out on their own...and i feel very lucky to have captured those moments.

i told theo that it's good to offer the ep on his website..but for goodness sake....give it a spot to make it easier for people to find Smile i see that it's been taken care of. so, if you don't own it, i recomend you get it. heck, it's only $5.00 (including shipping).

thanks for indulging me.

blessings,
-john

"life is short. live well. love well."

02-09-2003 17:36 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

i love coincidence Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I just read 2 days ago that the ol Chicago song
25 or 6 to 4
is actually about the writers block that R Lamm felt in the middle o the night..at 25 or 26 minutes to 4 :00 am
sounds like you guys had no prob.
1 of my fondest tinny moments was as the September sun came up and I was singin vocals on a tune I recorded..(in a a church basement with some buds)..that was a fine moment at about 4:50 in the a.m.(I think..I dunno, I was really tired.!)
Love dem times!

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-09-2003 17:48 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Kris Kringle
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 10-03-2002

Well put... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Well put, Mr. Berlin. Are they cheaper by the doz.?

02-13-2003 22:03 Kris Kringle is offline Send an Email to Kris Kringle Search for Posts by Kris Kringle Add Kris Kringle to your Buddy List
Official Impasto

Location: "but today i feel that too much of the church is merely a thermometer, which measures rather than molds popular opinion" mlk 1965

Thread Starter Thread Started by wes berlin
Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

only the glazed ones....

the ones with the chocolate sprinkles are regular price.

02-13-2003 23:37 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Mmmm

02-14-2003 07:28 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

Those frosted ones Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

cost us more because they have to be placed in WAXED CD covers. Roll Eyes
02-14-2003 10:47 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by wes berlin
only the glazed ones....

the ones with the chocolate sprinkles are regular price.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............donuts..........

Donuts

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

02-14-2003 12:25 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Woggy Woggy is a female
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-382.gif

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~~ Albert Einstein

dang, the last time I stayed up until 3 or 4 or sunrise was.......................oh, never mind. you don't wanna hear about my drug days..................

yuck.

thanks, Lord, for releasing me from that Smile

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

02-14-2003 12:26 Woggy is offline Send an Email to Woggy Search for Posts by Woggy Add Woggy to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Woggy: none YIM Account Name of Woggy: none
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Yah, Wogster Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

He released me from drugs and stuff too, just so I could substitute one insanity for another. Namely, consecutive all nighters with one, John Piccari! Red Face
02-14-2003 20:22 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Official Impasto

yeah, yeah, yeah....

take it easy car----errrr theo. i'll talk you down.

first . step away from the full length mirror.

second . turn off "west side story".

third . put your "rider" for the tour away.....

it will be ok. take deep cleansing breathes. you must break the cycle. you can break the cycle. you will (with the higher powers help) break the cycle.

Tongue

02-14-2003 20:40 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

yah yah Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Berlin, I'll show you a higher power!

Shocked
02-14-2003 22:05 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Official Impasto

so now you think that you're steve winwood?

(sigh).

02-14-2003 23:18 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

All right then, Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll show you a winwood!

Confused Roll Eyes
02-14-2003 23:57 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Official Impasto

a sigh for you.....

Roll Eyes

02-15-2003 00:00 wes berlin is offline Send an Email to wes berlin Search for Posts by wes berlin Add wes berlin to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

How's that go? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

...breaks the wind...

That it?
02-15-2003 00:10 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

break like the wind?

02-15-2003 15:15 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Kris Kringle
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 10-03-2002

I get it Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"Big sigh for you, (cries) breaks the wind"

02-15-2003 19:27 Kris Kringle is offline Send an Email to Kris Kringle Search for Posts by Kris Kringle Add Kris Kringle to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

02-15-2003 19:53 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
brdhsnyrsoul brdhsnyrsoul is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 08-20-2002

what happened to this thread?

02-15-2003 23:55 brdhsnyrsoul is offline Send an Email to brdhsnyrsoul Search for Posts by brdhsnyrsoul Add brdhsnyrsoul to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

I dunno Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

but it sure as heck ain't generating any sales!!

Big Grin Big Grin Roll Eyes

Big Grin
02-16-2003 00:51 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
Pages (2): [1] 2 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » "3-6am". some reflections

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH