Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Damb Letter for Terry » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Damb Letter for Terry
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

WHOEVER DID IT -
IT ADDED A NICE TOUCH
With Audis note (we want a LETTER !!!)
I wonder if Terry even REMEMBERS the letter.

I mean - we hold it up as scriptural in "inspriation"

HONEST !! -
I wrote a letter last week to a pastor friend (first one-a lengthy "e")
and I salutated

Sincerely and in Christ..
I COULDN'T RESIST!!!!!!!!!!!!
(though only I got to snigger......)
JimInY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
02-14-2003 14:12 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It seems that Terry is very busy and it may be awhile before we hear anything.

02-14-2003 19:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

I still would like to hear something.

02-21-2003 21:24 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Registration Date: 03-13-2002
Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

"something"

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
02-21-2003 21:34 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Mark Mark is a male

Big Grin

02-22-2003 11:22 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
EdHead EdHead is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 10-21-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
It seems that Terry is very busy and it may be awhile before we hear anything.

Huh? Confused

Terry...busy?

Big Grin

02-22-2003 11:38 EdHead is offline Homepage of EdHead Search for Posts by EdHead Add EdHead to your Buddy List Add EdHead to your Contact List AIM Screen Name of EdHead: messayoussa YIM Account Name of EdHead: yahooyolo View the MSN Profile for EdHead
Mark Mark is a male

Really?

02-22-2003 12:50 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
Scrimshaw Nick Scrimshaw Nick is a male
Official Impasto

images/avatars/avatar-387.jpg

Location: "Bad news, Mom. I promised my soul to the devil this afternoon." "Oh? That recently?" ~ Calvin and Hobbes

Well, actually, I hear that Terry has been busy in reconciliatory intervention between Tim and Berger. As you can imagine, it is a mamoth undertaking.

Terry is just trying to help out the best way he can. Please forgive him for being so busy, but reconciliation is ALWAYS important. Especially between Tim and Berger.

Somebody cured my political apathy but I'm not allowed to say who it is in a signature on the Message Boards
02-22-2003 13:05 Scrimshaw Nick is offline Send an Email to Scrimshaw Nick Search for Posts by Scrimshaw Nick Add Scrimshaw Nick to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Scrimshaw Nick: piratescrimshaw
Mark Mark is a male

OK

02-22-2003 13:06 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

quote:
Originally posted by BD
Dear Terry and the rest of DA and The Swirling Eddies,
(and in this case, The Lost Dogs)

Before you go “Oh no, another Wacky Fan Letter!” please let us explain.
The strange looking CD that could resemble Kalhoun on drugs is really a sincere effort from some of your other Wacky Fans, who have lots to say about your music.

We are all members of the Daniel Amos Message Board (DAMB for short), and have compiled some of our favorite songs by you. (The only common denominator is that Terry was involved in at least the writing of every song.) We called it the DAMB Fan album, or DAMBit. It was a bit of a break from our daily routine, and for all of us, the result was boatloads of fun.

This idea started about 4 months ago. We are pretty sure one particular “Big Dork” was involved in putting it all together, polishing up the artwork and content. It grew to contain some 35 songs by nearly 30 different “artists”. We all chose to use that term loosely, as just one listen may reveal. We made it for each other, but thought it only fitting that you at least see the level we enjoy when it comes to your music.

There were really no rules for submitting a song, and they run the gamut of style and quality. Some are parody, some are loose, and some are very interpretive. A few were recorded by simply singing into a tape recorder, while many of them are studio quality.

There are also some very beautiful and serious moments, like a father and daughter singing “In the Calling”, bringing your music to another generation of young people to enjoy. Songs like the Bibleland Suite had us all thinking, “Wow - Where did that come from?”

The opening song, Strange Days, leaves us with the same feeling when we first heard the Eddies do it, thanking God for our commitment to Him, and in awe of all that life has to offer.

So we offer this little compilation of favorites and dedicate it to “The band that won’t go away”
-with thankfulness for the way you’ve shared your talent with us fans.

Finally, does the Daniel Amos Message Board have a specific purpose, mission or goals as a group? And if so, what are they?

Sincerely and In Christ, (and we DO mean that!)

Your friends on the Daniel Amos Message Board
( The DAMBers )
01/11/03

05-23-2003 16:32 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD

To the top
05-23-2003 22:03 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

Still nothing?

05-23-2003 23:12 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
BD
Ceremonial Kernel

Registration Date: 07-16-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BD

nope, nothing. Confused
05-23-2003 23:57 BD is offline Search for Posts by BD Add BD to your Buddy List
Jevon the Tall Jevon the Tall is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Location: "You're not from around here are you?" said the stranger to the little man in the wool sweater who looked vaguely like a sheep. Maybe it was the long boots but he was kind of cute. "What's your name?" he asked "My friends call me Theo." he replied

At least Tim heard it and responded.

I wouldn't want to impose on our rich rock stars to take time to associate with the little people.

Considering how approachable and genuine Terry appears in person, I think that BDasso sent the letter to the wrong address and some old NWA wrestler is totally dumbfounded.

05-24-2003 00:23 Jevon the Tall is offline Send an Email to Jevon the Tall Homepage of Jevon the Tall Search for Posts by Jevon the Tall Add Jevon the Tall to your Buddy List
Pages (4): « first ... « previous 2 3 [4] Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » A Damb Letter for Terry

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH