Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First Post » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page First Post
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tchandler tchandler is a male
Daniel Amos

Registration Date: 03-22-2002

baxter Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

"pride with all of the great accomplishments?" ya mean, like, complete failure to make a living as a musician?

seriously, i just take great pleasure in having had the chance to play in a band with the da and choir guys.

and i took my little boy to burger king! (and no, no pun or anything intended.
03-12-2003 15:58 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
jiminy
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 11-16-2002

FOOTNOTE Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Number one and number two.
still mean the same thing.

(I answer ??? for the lil ones also.)
jiminY

theres nothing to EVER put here that will please everyone-let alone anyone.
03-12-2003 16:00 jiminy is offline Send an Email to jiminy Search for Posts by jiminy Add jiminy to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by tchandler
"pride with all of the great accomplishments?" ya mean, like, complete failure to make a living as a musician?

You know that fact just kills me inside! DA is as good, if not better than all that crap they play on the radio! Crying

Do you have Tom Petty's "The Last DJ" album? Really good. Is kind of a "theme album" about this very thing!

03-12-2003 16:01 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

dr rich Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

ok, since you mentioned that footage about spittle and phlem, i gotta tell a little story. one of the funniest moments ever, was unfortunately never filmed.

we were playing at another festival in europe. it was the end of the set when, as almost always, an onstage brawl breaks out (completely naturally by the way. we never ever planned to do it or not do it.)

the set came to a beautiful, staggering collapse and after the brawl, everybody crawled off/stumbled off stage.

i looked at terry and he didn't have any shoes on. i looked back out at the stage and terry's shoes were still sitting perfectly in front of the microphone as if he were still standing there singing. whoever hit terry in all the chaos knocked him clean out of his shoes!

when i saw that, i fell down laughing. and then the euro-weenie stagehands were completely straight-faced--they didn't get it at all, which made me laugh even harder and i couldn't stop and thought i would have to be taken to the hospital
03-12-2003 16:10 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
the set came to a beautiful, staggering collapse and after the brawl, everybody crawled off/stumbled off stage.
i looked at terry and he didn't have any shoes on. i looked back out at the stage and terry's shoes were still sitting perfectly in front of the microphone as if he were still standing there singing. whoever hit terry in all the chaos knocked him clean out of his shoes!

when i saw that, i fell down laughing. and then the euro-weenie stagehands were completely straight-faced--they didn't get it at all, which made me laugh even harder and i couldn't stop and thought i would have to be taken to the hospital

Wow! That is so funny and so wrong too! Smile ) You guys don't finish the shows with a big brawl anymore, huh? That's too bad. What a great way to finish a show! Smile )

03-12-2003 16:13 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

dr rich Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

it WAS a great way to end a show. we never knew exactly what was going to happen. but, sadly, if we started doing that again today, we'd all have to increase our health coverage
03-12-2003 16:17 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

I am only 34 and I can't imagine just jumping on each other, while playing no less, but man, it's genius. That kind of genius that just happens. If you plan that out ahead of time it's NEVER as good! Smile

03-12-2003 16:19 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

Tim Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

How do you like living in Nashville as compared to California? What prompted the move?

Got any Grammy night stories to tell?
03-12-2003 16:26 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

michelle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

i LOVE living in nashville as opposed to los angeles. i moved here for a really good day job, and i'd wanted to get out of los angeles one way or the other and if possible, back here because we have such a community of friends. yes, i miss terry (although i see him more now!) and greg and ed and dave raven and others, but most of the people we know live here now. and i LOVE having weather!

i wrote an account of what happened at the grammys on the choir website (www.thechoir.net). right this second it's on the third page of the messageboard titled "behind the grammys" it's also on the "journals" section of the website under "january 31 2003#2"

every word is true. honest. (although some of it might not make sense if your not a choir fan)
03-12-2003 16:40 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Thanks Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'll go read that as soon as you leave.Smile

We have weather here too--summer and almost summer. Just ask Derri, he was here in September. He got sunburned and commented, "In Nashville you don't burn. You just sweat and talk with an accent." Big Grin
03-12-2003 16:46 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

BTW Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Phil Madeira was here one August and got sunburned. Would you like to come play here and get sunburned too? We'd love to have you!
03-12-2003 16:53 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

michelle Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

see, that's ONE of the things i grew to hate about los angeles. it could be the middle of december and be 98 degrees out with the sun just beating down. it's wrong when people lay out on the beach on christmas day
03-12-2003 16:56 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Daniel Amos

folks, i gotta go--i hope i didn't miss any questions--if i did, just email me if you want. i'll catch up to it eventually
03-12-2003 16:58 tchandler is offline Send an Email to tchandler Search for Posts by tchandler Add tchandler to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Thanks Tim! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

It's been a fun afternoon. See ya around.
03-12-2003 17:01 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Theo Theo is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

Tim... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Just an idea, but...
Since the Choir and DA aren't listed for C-Stoner 03, perhaps you could show up, wait for Derri or Terry to finish a set and then rush out onto the stage and take 'em out one atta time!! I'll spring for a bag o' burgers (what were they? 50 cents each?) following the assult!! Big Grin
03-12-2003 17:02 Theo is offline Send an Email to Theo Homepage of Theo Search for Posts by Theo Add Theo to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Theo: theo@sterlingdrivechurch.com YIM Account Name of Theo: the_obrastoff
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

this entire thread

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin just way too funny!!!!

Thanks Tim for spending time with the DAMBED!!!

BD

03-12-2003 17:22 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
BigDork
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-643.jpg

Thread Starter Thread Started by BigDork

when I started this thread, I clicked the little box that says:

Email Notification: emails sent to you whenever someone replies.

I've had about 100 emails today just from this thread! Big Grin

BD

03-12-2003 17:25 BigDork is offline Send an Email to BigDork Search for Posts by BigDork Add BigDork to your Buddy List
Ubique Epoque

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle
I'll go read that as soon as you leave.Smile

We have weather here too--summer and almost summer. Just ask Derri, he was here in September. He got sunburned and commented, "In Nashville you don't burn. You just sweat and talk with an accent." Big Grin

that's funny! Smile )

03-12-2003 20:35 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Ron E Ron E is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-388.jpg

quote:
terry stayed at my house a couple of weeks ago (he helped me and my wife put up an absurdly complicated basketball hoop for my son. it was 30 degrees outside. it took us about five hours, we nearly completely screwed the thing up and i'm sure it looked like a three-stooges routine to anyone who would've seen it. i have to start taking footage of THAT kind of stuff. it's much funnier than spittle and phlem.) but we talked about doing another da record and i know he wants to do it, it's just having the time and being able to pull it together logistically.

Just wondering why this hasn't hit the timeline yet? I mean, come on, it happened in the life of DA!!!!!! Isn't someone following them around writing everything down? May I volunteer right now to do it?

03-20-2003 23:05 Ron E is offline Send an Email to Ron E Homepage of Ron E Search for Posts by Ron E Add Ron E to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Ron E: Nearly as funny as the above! YIM Account Name of Ron E: Ow my ribs
joey joey is a male
Platyhelminth

images/avatars/avatar-278.jpg

Registration Date: 01-08-2003
Location: the biggest fans are often the biggest critics ... sometimes taken as complaining ... get used to it. :P - mountain fan

Lamp RE: First Post Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BigDork
I went ahead and posted as on topic since this is about the DAmb.

lots of fun stuff to try.

It may take some getting used to. Confused

I'll give it a try for a while!

BD Evil

wow that's an old post...... Pleased

Cool
01-28-2005 19:25 joey is offline Send an Email to joey Homepage of joey Search for Posts by joey Add joey to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of joey: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of joey: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for joey
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 6 7 [8] 9 next » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » First Post

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH