Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAconomics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
dorfsmith dorfsmith is a male
Grand Encephalon

images/avatars/avatar-397.gif

Registration Date: 03-24-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I know one thing for sure, if what is available now was shipped faster there would be many more orders. I hate to say it but I bought Crying Towel on ebay because I didn't want to wait months to get it. If the store shipped faster I would be happy to pay a few extra bucks but when you order Christmas presents in the summer and you don't get them in time for Christmas it makes you want to buy elseware (didn't really happen but you get my point). If sales went up because orders were shipped quickly you might find a little cash to do another project. No guarantee but it is a suggestion.

05-15-2003 23:57 dorfsmith is offline Send an Email to dorfsmith Search for Posts by dorfsmith Add dorfsmith to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle
Continuing to beat a dead horse won't get it on its feet.

and never look a Gift Horse in the mouth...

05-16-2003 08:36 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

Registration Date: 03-16-2002

quote:
Originally posted by dorfsmith
I know one thing for sure, if what is available now was shipped faster there would be many more orders. I hate to say it but I bought Crying Towel on ebay because I didn't want to wait months to get it. If the store shipped faster I would be happy to pay a few extra bucks . . . If sales went up because orders were shipped quickly you might find a little cash to do another project. No guarantee but it is a suggestion.

I appreciate your gracious attitude, but for every person who's willing to pay a little more, there's one or more who are complaining that the prices are already too high, so they buy where it's cheaper. It's the proverbial rock and hard place. Charge more so you can provide better service and people buy elsewhere because it's cheaper. Charge less and compromise service and people buy elsewhere because it's faster. Making the choice to buy elsewhere is the right of every consumer, but unless someone, somewhere, is willing to shoulder the actual costs there won't be any new product to buy. Anywhere.
05-16-2003 11:10 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Lur King Lur King is a male
Ceremonial Kernel

images/avatars/avatar-107.jpg

Registration Date: 04-10-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle

Making the choice to buy elsewhere is the right of every consumer

Making the choice to Sell elsewhere is the right of every song writer...

05-16-2003 11:15 Lur King is offline Send an Email to Lur King Homepage of Lur King Search for Posts by Lur King Add Lur King to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

This kind of bugs me. Isn't this idea basically what pre-ordering those last several CDs was really all about? By pre-ordering we were supposed to be executive producers, so to speak. The fact that the money was most likely used for other things (even if they were viable needs of the band) makes me hesitant to lay down more money on the faith that it will be used for what it is supposed to be used for. I don't think I've ever complained about service or anything else from the DA-store. I have enjoyed everything I've received and any problems I've had have been taken care of. I do know that when I owned a store and a customer special ordered a product (prepaying for something that I didn't have on hand), I used that money to get their product even if I still didn't have money to pay rent or food. I think that's the key point here. It wasn't my money until I'd given the customer what it was they had paid for. Until the product was in the customer's hands, it was still their money.
05-16-2003 11:21 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
pistolpete
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 10-29-2002

I've ordered all the recent releases from lo-fidelity. The service is REALLY fast and it supports the band. I realize some people think that the only way you can support the band is from buyng directly from the bands web-stores, but that is really not true. Buying from the label (in this case) also means that they can put more stuff out. Just an added thought to the whole discussion.

Peter Anderson
05-16-2003 11:41 pistolpete is offline Send an Email to pistolpete Search for Posts by pistolpete Add pistolpete to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

lo-fidelity rocks.
05-16-2003 11:42 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Mark Mark is a male

images/avatars/avatar-412.jpg

Registration Date: 03-18-2002
Location: Grand Encephalon - Words have their place but live what you say God can have His way when you hit them with Love

There was one thing posted by audiori in the past three weeks where they said that they had not mailed off orders to people because they had to sell more product before they could have enough money to ship existing orders. If I read this correctly, I'm surprised no one complained about this. If I were one of those who had already paid, my stuff should be shipped. After all I would have paid for the product + shipping.

Please forgive me if I did misunderstand that particular post. If I could find it in a search, I'd pull it up.

05-16-2003 12:08 Mark is offline Send an Email to Mark Search for Posts by Mark Add Mark to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

That is what they said. I hadn't thought of it that way before. That is pretty bad.
05-16-2003 12:15 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

Post Apocalyptic Records Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
DAconomics is a great word...

NoW you GoT me thinking... praying... wondering...

The label is funded and operated by fans of Stuart Davis (Dr. Rich?)

http://stuartdavis.com/par/

Formed in 1999 by Stu and a crash of gurus disguised as investors, Post Apocalyptic generates financing on a project-to-project basis by selling shares to fans. Both Bright Apocalypse (1999) and Stuart Davis (2001) were funded this way. In addition to the dough, some 150 supporters have stepped forward to make a rock n' roll Sangha of street teams. These "punk monks" bring integral pop to the world, and the world to Stu shows. Postering, handing out flyers, selling merchandise at shows, increasing Stu's presence online, bringing friends to shows, booking shows, getting Stuart CDs in record stores, calling radio stations, and teaching parrots in pet shops to screech "Even The Devil Is God!"- are all part of the love that is promotion.

05-16-2003 12:18 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
carl carl is a male
Platyhelminth

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

quote:
Originally posted by Mark
There was one thing posted by audiori in the past three weeks where they said that they had not mailed off orders to people because they had to sell more product before they could have enough money to ship existing orders. If I read this correctly, I'm surprised no one complained about this. If I were one of those who had already paid, my stuff should be shipped. After all I would have paid for the product + shipping.

Please forgive me if I did misunderstand that particular post. If I could find it in a search, I'd pull it up.

It's in my AC post (currently just below this one).... So, anyone wanna burn me a disk and save 'em a buck or two? Big Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
05-16-2003 12:19 carl is offline Send an Email to carl Search for Posts by carl Add carl to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of carl: I already aimed at one.... YIM Account Name of carl: Yumpin' Yiminy (wait.... View the MSN Profile for carl
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

sell mp3's or CD's online Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

http://stuartdavis.com/albums/unreleased/1999studiodemo/

Stuart Davis - 1999 Studio Demo

Complete Album (MP3 album includes cover artwork) $8.00 or actual CD for $15.00
plus S&H (Shipping charges are $3 for the first item ordered and $1 for each additional item)

Stuart Davis - Mother Fools-March 22, 2002 Show
This two-disc Complete Album
(MP3 album includes cover artwork) $15.00

choice $8.00 or $18.00 you decide what you want...

05-16-2003 12:20 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

link to Ebay Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

if you can't beat them JoiN them . . . Big Grin

http://www.16horsepower.net/merchandise/auctions.shtml
Current 16 Horsepower eBay Items
Note
Please consider using the links on this page to bid and register at eBay instead of going directly to that site to register or bid. We receive a small commission when you use our links (at no extra cost to you) and that money is set aside to maintain and improve 16horsepower.net. Thank you for your consideration.

DAconomics : I am still thinking... praying... wondering...

\/ - thanks, brd2yrmother

05-16-2003 12:22 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

good ideas, DAle.
05-16-2003 12:23 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
This kind of bugs me. Isn't this idea basically what pre-ordering those last several CDs was really all about? By pre-ordering we were supposed to be executive producers, so to speak. The fact that the money was most likely used for other things (even if they were viable needs of the band) makes me hesitant to lay down more money on the faith that it will be used for what it is supposed to be used for. I don't think I've ever complained about service or anything else from the DA-store. I have enjoyed everything I've received and any problems I've had have been taken care of. I do know that when I owned a store and a customer special ordered a product (prepaying for something that I didn't have on hand), I used that money to get their product even if I still didn't have money to pay rent or food. I think that's the key point here. It wasn't my money until I'd given the customer what it was they had paid for. Until the product was in the customer's hands, it was still their money.

I agree with you. This never should have happened. It should never happen again.
05-16-2003 12:40 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
John Foxe John Foxe is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

images/avatars/avatar-645.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Here's something Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Audioris, do you want an idea to save money on future web store releases?

I have broadband; the majority of Internet users will be on broadband within the next few years. How about if you create a secure area on the site and let those who paid for the product (e.g. DEDT deux) have the option to download the MP3's instead, and supply the artwork as downloadable graphics. Then I'll just burn a CD and print my own artwork.

When you ship a "virtual" product rather than a physical, this saves tremendously on not only postage and packaging, but time and effort, I think. That's assuming you have a web guy that can rapidly build pages for this purpose.

What's the benefit for the consumer? Well, among other things we won't have to wait until next year to get the product.

Can't get too much more efficient than that...

05-16-2003 12:45 John Foxe is offline Send an Email to John Foxe Search for Posts by John Foxe Add John Foxe to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of John Foxe: yikes... amateurs online?
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Originally posted by pistolpete
I've ordered all the recent releases from lo-fidelity. The service is REALLY fast and it supports the band. I realize some people think that the only way you can support the band is from buyng directly from the bands web-stores, but that is really not true. Buying from the label (in this case) also means that they can put more stuff out. Just an added thought to the whole discussion.

Peter Anderson

Good point. I hope everyone will buy from lo-fidelity as well, but somehow Terry and company need to generate enough money to pay costs beyond CD production and distribution, such as rent, food, clothes, medical care, etc. There are production expenses and then there are living expenses. With such a small fan base it's extremely difficult to make enough profit to live on.
05-16-2003 12:51 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Thread Starter Thread Started by zippetydoodaddy

Feed the Worrr-uld!

Do they know it's Christmastime?

Feed the Worrr-uld!

Feed the Worrr-uld!

Feed the Worrr-uld!

August 2005
05-16-2003 12:57 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
Michelle
Esculent Eskimo

quote:
Originally posted by brd2yrmother
good ideas, DAle.

Yessirree! I'd much rather hear some creative solutions than continual harping on the problems. We all know there have been big problems; the question is how can this little ministry/business compete with the Big Boys, stay afloat, and keep Terry and company warm and filled?
05-16-2003 13:03 Michelle is offline Send an Email to Michelle Search for Posts by Michelle Add Michelle to your Buddy List
Dr Rich Dr Rich is a male
Ubique Epoque

images/avatars/avatar-601.jpg

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

That's Stuart's label.

quote:
quote:
DAconomics is a great word...

NoW you GoT me thinking... praying... wondering...

The label is funded and operated by fans of Stuart Davis (Dr. Rich?)

http://stuartdavis.com/par/

Formed in 1999 by Stu and a crash of gurus disguised as investors, Post Apocalyptic generates financing on a project-to-project basis by selling shares to fans. Both Bright Apocalypse (1999) and Stuart Davis (2001) were funded this way. In addition to the dough, some 150 supporters have stepped forward to make a rock n' roll Sangha of street teams. These "punk monks" bring integral pop to the world, and the world to Stu shows. Postering, handing out flyers, selling merchandise at shows, increasing Stu's presence online, bringing friends to shows, booking shows, getting Stuart CDs in record stores, calling radio stations, and teaching parrots in pet shops to screech "Even The Devil Is God!"- are all part of the love that is promotion.

05-16-2003 16:16 Dr Rich is offline Send an Email to Dr Rich Search for Posts by Dr Rich Add Dr Rich to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « previous 1 [2] 3 4 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH