Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page DAconomics
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
quote:
Originally posted by Driver8
Big Grin

red x's suck.... Frown

( you can't link from geocities..... Red Face )

05-19-2003 16:02 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

We're getting way off of the point here...

I've never even understood what the argument was, but if it continues it should be off-board I think. This isn't helping anyone and the more I'm forced to explain our point the more details have to be posted about this arrangement - which are not really anyones business other than ours, the bands, Warm&Filleds and Lo-Fidelity's.

Shall we just delete this thread and call it quits? Jeffrey/Coal?

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-19-2003 16:03 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

images/avatars/avatar-602.gif

Registration Date: 05-01-2003

Geocities Sucks! Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

Big Grin

05-19-2003 16:05 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by audiori

We're getting way off of the point here... shall we just delete this thread and call it quits?

I've never even understood what the argument is.

Just trying to lighten the mood. After all we're all here because we Love Da/Dogs and TST.

Bye-Bye

Love Ya Big Grin

Big Grin

05-19-2003 16:07 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Registration Date: 03-19-2002
Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

YeS Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

quote:

We're getting way off of the point here... shall we just delete this thread and call it quits?

I HaVe a few threads I would like to delete too... Big Grin

05-19-2003 16:09 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
JR88 JR88 is a male
Disjasked Lerna

quote:
Originally posted by DaLe uReViG
quote:

Big Grin

05-19-2003 16:10 JR88 is offline Send an Email to JR88 Homepage of JR88 Search for Posts by JR88 Add JR88 to your Buddy List YIM Account Name of JR88: lostdog742003@yahoo.com View the MSN Profile for JR88
dfroystad dfroystad is a male
Sublime Brain Puppet

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

so what happen to the discussion about a possible 'inverstors fund' for a new DA record ?
05-19-2003 16:12 dfroystad is offline Send an Email to dfroystad Search for Posts by dfroystad Add dfroystad to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
quote:

We thought about deleting a few threads in the argument dump, but it may result in a "demotion" of a certain Grand Encephalon.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-19-2003 16:13 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by dfroystad
so what happen to the discussion about a possible 'inverstors fund' for a new DA record ?

I suppose we could manually move those posts to a new thread. Or maybe we can just delete these Lo-Fidelity related bizarre-argument posts and leave everything else in place.

05-19-2003 16:14 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

Location: MiNNeSoTa - HeRe we put salt on the Roads... Lord, Help me be Salt of the Earth - NoT Salt in the Wound. so, take most everything I SaY HeRe with a grain of Salt !

actually ... Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

No, I think some of these posts should be read,

If any constructive Ideas can come from them Great lets try them...

take any negative stuff that is true to heart, otherwise Ignore it & move on... like Terry said

... You have gone beyond the call of duty, and words cannot express my personal indebtedness to you. You have been gracious and understanding when we've hit a few snags, and you are wise to the economics of our situation and have the keen sense that this is indeed a "partnership" that goes far beyond a merely commercial enterprise. God bless you all, and a thousand 'thank yous' for all that you've helped us accomplish thus far. Because of you and God's faithfulness, we will continue to do what we do, and do it better than ever. I'm convinced it's going to be a fun and fulfilling year, and I want you to know that we've got a few surprises for you along the way.
Bless you in advance for making it possible.
Yours Under the Mercy,
Terry Scott Taylor

05-19-2003 16:15 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Coal Ridge
And that'll do it for me. I don't know what the agenda here was, but you're not getting the toothpaste back in the tube.

Answering your posts. Nothing else. If this "argument" that we never wanted hadn't happened, some of these details would not have been discussed. I'm not going to sit back and let you misrepresent the situation at our expense.

05-19-2003 16:26 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

quote:

too much to read here.... Red Face

05-19-2003 16:31 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
DaLe DaLe is a male
Official Impasto

quote:
Originally posted by Joey T.
quote:

too much to read here.... Red Face

U can just wait for the MoVie then Tongue

05-19-2003 16:35 DaLe is offline Send an Email to DaLe Search for Posts by DaLe Add DaLe to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

yeah, or the final outcome.... this is looking like a dump thread.... Roll Eyes

05-19-2003 16:37 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Coal Ridge
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-09-2003

Delete away, if you'd like. I said I was dropping it, but obviously you hadn't read that post before the ensuing discussion about this discussion, if that makes sense. I don't think these posts are helping anyone, nor getting anywhere.

I hasten to add, I'm not Jeff, which you seem to be hinting at in your last few posts. If I were Jeff, I wouldn't be sitting in my office alternately arguing with you and editing training manuals. Actually, I'm the poster formally known as kevinf: I picked up "Coal Ridge" after my wife and I returned from our first overseas trip to the UK (saw Coleridge's grave at Westminster), and kevinf seems so boring compared to the other names here. Nobody's trying to pull a Mugglia, at least not with Mugglia's motivations.

Add to that the fact that I just talked to Jeff, and he's none to happy with me for continuing this discussion. So, since I've managed to Mountain Dew everyone off, I'll go find some other hill to die on!
05-19-2003 16:45 Coal Ridge is offline Send an Email to Coal Ridge Search for Posts by Coal Ridge Add Coal Ridge to your Buddy List
kevinf
Dark Steamy Cabbage

Registration Date: 04-30-2002

See ... this was me ...
05-19-2003 16:47 kevinf is offline Send an Email to kevinf Search for Posts by kevinf Add kevinf to your Buddy List
Coal Ridge
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 05-09-2003

... and now THIS is me. Nothing shifty going on besides a soft spot for the Romantics.
05-19-2003 16:49 Coal Ridge is offline Send an Email to Coal Ridge Search for Posts by Coal Ridge Add Coal Ridge to your Buddy List
Joey T.
Tallowy Tamale

Roll Eyes

05-19-2003 16:53 Joey T. is offline Send an Email to Joey T. Homepage of Joey T. Search for Posts by Joey T. Add Joey T. to your Buddy List AIM Screen Name of Joey T.: beatmenace777 YIM Account Name of Joey T.: joey_t_2005 View the MSN Profile for Joey T.
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Coal Ridge
Delete away, if you'd like. I said I was dropping it, but obviously you hadn't read that post before the ensuing discussion about this discussion, if that makes sense. I don't think these posts are helping anyone, nor getting anywhere.

My thoughts exactly.

quote:

I hasten to add, I'm not Jeff, which you seem to be hinting at in your last few posts.

Nope, not hinting at that.. just talking to both of you.

05-19-2003 17:04 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Administrator

Last try Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

One last try to say this...
(My fingers on the delete button if someone misunderstands and a weird argument starts up again...).

"Is it better to buy directly from the band or directly from a label or unconnected store?"

All of the above are needed, for different reasons. DanielAmos.com, TheLostDogs.com and 77s.com will continue to release CDs and sell older titles - purchasing these directly supports the band and future releases.

We also encourage everyone to support other companies that are supporting these artists. Labels like Galaxy21 and Lo-Fidelity have been very supportive of the guys and will continue to be as long as they make their money back. They will continue to release titles exclusively through their labels (in addition to what the artists are releasing themselves) and need our support in order for future releases to be completed.

Buying the artists CDs through record stores or other online stores is also helpful, in its own way. It encourages these stores to continue to carry these artists releases.

05-19-2003 17:23 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (9): « first ... « previous 4 5 [6] 7 8 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » DAconomics

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH