Daniel Amos Message Board
Register Calendar Members List Team Members Search Frequently Asked Questions Go to the Main Page

Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Box Set? » Hello Guest [Login|Register]
Last Post | First Unread Post Print Page | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Box Set?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Bulldog Bulldog is a male
Unsullied Affiche

Registration Date: 03-15-2002

Box Set? Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I don't know if this has every been brought up, but I think that a real box set should be made. They can start from the begging style and go to todays. I think this would be fun.
05-20-2003 22:06 Bulldog is offline Send an Email to Bulldog Search for Posts by Bulldog Add Bulldog to your Buddy List
audiori audiori is a male
Administrator

images/avatars/avatar-101.jpg

Registration Date: 03-12-2002

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

A DA box set is sort of in the works.. not an immediate release by any means, but its something we've been thinking about for a long time and I know Terry would like to do one. We've been setting aside certain recordings with that project in mind.

Hopefully, after we get our new project funding set up, we'll be able to put enough money into it to make it worthwhile. I wouldn't want to cut corners or do anything less than what is deserved.

The idea we're toying with would go back to even the pre-DA time period - some of Terry's early bands and solo demos, to the formation of Jubal's Last Band, into the early days of DA on up to the "Buechners" sessions. We'd also like to do a nice book with photos, interviews and stories.

Don't expect it really soon.. this is gonna take a lot of work, time and money - but I think it'll happen.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-20-2003 23:36 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
jollyholiday
Mind Peach

Registration Date: 03-18-2002

oooooh Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

I'm in for a boxed set.

-Jolly
05-20-2003 23:38 jollyholiday is offline Send an Email to jollyholiday Search for Posts by jollyholiday Add jollyholiday to your Buddy List
zippetydoodaddy zippetydoodaddy is a male
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-29-2003
Location: Lust is the craving for salt of a man who is dying of thirst. - F.B.

Reply to this Post Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Posts Report Post to a Moderator       Go to the top of this page

SwoooOOOOoooOOOOooooOoooOOOOning!!!

August 2005
05-21-2003 11:24 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Registration Date: 03-13-2003
Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

i'd like some o dat!

05-21-2003 11:26 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Toque Boy Toque Boy is a male
A Hot Wolly

Registration Date: 12-08-2002

I'd like some more please. Big Grin
05-21-2003 11:35 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Location: "An autoposy will make him into a dorf-o-lantern on the Mesaage Boards ."

Not until you have emptied two more tubes of cocoa butter!

05-21-2003 11:36 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

It might be sooner than you think. We had an ultrasound this morning and our girls are both over 5 and a half pounds. We still have more than 3 weeks to go!! I might have to go and invest in some cocoa butter futures before I head off to buy those tubes! Big Grin
05-21-2003 11:39 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

5.5 is great! God be praised!

05-21-2003 11:41 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

Maybe as a special gift long with the DA box set they could include some cocoa butter! It is supposed to be good for the skin. I know my hands are almost too soft to be manly anymore.
05-21-2003 11:43 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
.backs.
Tallowy Tamale

Don't fret. Uncle Terry has small, soft hands.

05-21-2003 11:45 .backs. is offline Send an Email to .backs. Search for Posts by .backs. Add .backs. to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

Dr. Pedasso recommends lots of pasta and a nice bottle of red wine, followed by a romantic interlude.

05-21-2003 11:47 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

Toucha toucha toucha touch me!

Not like that!!

August 2005
05-21-2003 11:47 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
A Hot Wolly

I suppose having soft and limber hands would help when handling all the CDs that would make up the box set. How many discs would end up being in such a set? The Choir did one with 8 discs but there was only one disc that had different material on it.
05-21-2003 11:48 Toque Boy is offline Send an Email to Toque Boy Search for Posts by Toque Boy Add Toque Boy to your Buddy List
Stuart Pedasso
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 01-31-2003

I think a wicker chair set would be cool. Or something made out of lego.

05-21-2003 12:00 Stuart Pedasso is offline Send an Email to Stuart Pedasso Search for Posts by Stuart Pedasso Add Stuart Pedasso to your Buddy List
Woolly Eggwhisk

nose whistle?

August 2005
05-21-2003 12:45 zippetydoodaddy is offline Send an Email to zippetydoodaddy Homepage of zippetydoodaddy Search for Posts by zippetydoodaddy Add zippetydoodaddy to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

Now this thread is just about the coolest thing I've read in a long time. box set? Sign me up. By saying not anytime soon - how long of a wait are you thinking? 5 years? 2 years?
05-21-2003 13:14 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Toque Boy
I suppose having soft and limber hands would help when handling all the CDs that would make up the box set. How many discs would end up being in such a set? The Choir did one with 8 discs but there was only one disc that had different material on it.

Thats the big question... I have no idea but it would probably take a bunch of discs. If its entirely unreleased material it would take quite a few discs, if Terry wanted to try to include older albums like the Choir did - that would take a bunch. That might not be possible because of all of the legal problems it would bring up. I guess we'd probably stick primarily to the unreleased material - live tapes, demos, out-takes and alternate mixes, etc.

"A strange fanaticism fills our time: the fanatical hatred of morality, especially of Christian morality." - GK Chesterton
05-21-2003 13:16 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
brd2yrmother
Woolly Eggwhisk

Registration Date: 03-21-2003

man this sounds cool
05-21-2003 13:17 brd2yrmother is offline Send an Email to brd2yrmother Search for Posts by brd2yrmother Add brd2yrmother to your Buddy List
Administrator

I'm excited about it.. I don't know when it'll happen, but there's definitely some cool stuff that can be included. Terry has mentioned a few things he has that he'd like to put on it - which will blow people away. It was a surprise to us that it even existed.

I think once we get going with our new funding system, we'll be in good shape to start putting it together.

05-21-2003 13:38 audiori is offline Send an Email to audiori Homepage of audiori Search for Posts by audiori Add audiori to your Buddy List
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 next » ... last » Tree Structure | Board Structure
Jump to:
Post New Thread Post Reply
Daniel Amos Message Board » DA Related Discussion » General Discussion » Box Set?

Forum Software: Burning Board 2.3.6, Developed by WoltLab GmbH